[New Mod] Falagar - A Journey

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Kirill
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:36 pm

Re: [New Mod] Falagar - A Journey

Post by Kirill » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:44 pm

Cave wizard wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:37 pm
This discussion about challenging combat sounds off to me. I've played the mod on hard difficulty and there are absolutely challenging encounters in it. Not the kind where you are locked inside a small room with fifteen dangerous enemies that some mods may or may not use, but it's definitely at least on the level of the base game. I don't think anyone will claim that the ice caves can be considered easy. Maybe you'll breeze through with a hyper-optimized party, but mine is at least solid and I had to reload a number of times. Some encounters could stand to be a little harder, but this is definitely not a pure puzzle mod with no enemy resistance.
Honestly, to me your opinion is not important, mate. Since you not only play on normal but also cheat levels for party for easy mods like Master quest. I am not judging you, because some people have disabilities in RL or some people hate losing/hate challeng in games.
But thank you for feedback anyway.

Cave wizard
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:02 pm

Re: [New Mod] Falagar - A Journey

Post by Cave wizard » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:43 pm

Kirill wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:44 pm
Honestly, to me your opinion is not important, mate. Since you not only play on normal but also cheat levels for party for easy mods like Master quest. I am not judging you, because some people have disabilities in RL or some people hate losing/hate challeng in games.
But thank you for feedback anyway.
Well aren't you condescending. Since you don't appear to be aware, MQ advertises that it scales its difficulty up to match an imported party. I thought that sounded great since one of the flaws of Grimrock 1 is that you have almost no leeway to invest in skills beyond your "main" skill. By console leveling a party to roughly a level you complete the game at and then importing it, I did not make the game any easier for myself. If anything, I probably made it just slightly harder for myself since I lacked any additional bonuses that a party would have from going through the game.

Anyway, I have played Grimrock 2 on hard more than once as well as with mods. I won't pretend that it was a walk in the park or that I'm some obnoxious elite gamer, but it wasn't that difficult. If the base game on the highest difficulty isn't a useful measuring stick for difficulty in a mod for that game, I don't know what is. And the point of the post was not any kind of stupid e-peen stroking but to state that this mod is overall at least as difficult as the base game. This is relevant because people who haven't played it are getting the impression that it has no challenging combat and dismissing it as a result.

Kirill
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:36 pm

Re: [New Mod] Falagar - A Journey

Post by Kirill » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:33 am

Cave wizard wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:43 pm
Anyway, I have played Grimrock 2 on hard more than once as well as with mods. I won't pretend that it was a walk in the park or that I'm some obnoxious elite gamer, but it wasn't that difficult. If the base game on the highest difficulty isn't a useful measuring stick for difficulty in a mod for that game, I don't know what is. And the point of the post was not any kind of stupid e-peen stroking but to state that this mod is overall at least as difficult as the base game. This is relevant because people who haven't played it are getting the impression that it has no challenging combat and dismissing it as a result.
Base game is very easy on hardest difficulty, i agree with you.
Saying that mod is "at least on the level of base game" with difficulty is just saying that it is very easy.


Anyway i was not flaming you that you play on normal difficulty, so do not get so defencive, my friend. Good luck.

Cave wizard
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:02 pm

Re: [New Mod] Falagar - A Journey

Post by Cave wizard » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:45 pm

Kirill wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:33 am
Base game is very easy on hardest difficulty, i agree with you.
Saying that mod is "at least on the level of base game" with difficulty is just saying that it is very easy.
If that's what you think, good for you. I still say it works as a measuring stick for what can be considered challenging in a mod for the game. In the event that you're minmaxing your party in a role-playing game, I will suggest that you avoid doing so. It's very counter-productive if you're looking for a challenge. These campaigns can't be balanced entirely around the very strongest parties because that could leave them too unbalanced for players looking to role play or use a variety of characters.
Anyway i was not flaming you that you play on normal difficulty, so do not get so defencive, my friend. Good luck.
Right, you were just very passive aggressive for no reason and accusing me of cheating because your reading comprehension is severely lacking. And then, right after posting this, you go into the MQ thread solely to talk down to me. Who do you think you're fooling? But hey, if that's how things are done around here...
Kirill wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:31 am
Good mods have challenging combat and simple puzzles. Also nice quality of places, rich in details.
If it wasn't obvious enough already, the fact that you think that mods should have simple puzzles is an obvious sign of lack of intelligence. This is backed up by your lack of reading comprehension, your obvious dishonesty and the apparent need to frequently try to put others down.
This mod is too difficult for you. You should find an easier one because you can't handle this one.

Now that I've lowered myself to your level, that's the last you'll get out of me because this thread doesn't need to get derailed again. If you absolutely have to be rude, at least be honest about it.

Kirill
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:36 pm

Re: [New Mod] Falagar - A Journey

Post by Kirill » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:07 pm

It looks like you tried your best to offend me. But i forgive you, my friend.
Good luck!

Kirill
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:36 pm

Re: [New Mod] Falagar - A Journey

Post by Kirill » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:16 pm

Lorial wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:16 pm
The mod is going to get updated to version 1.37 soonish with another polishing update, smoother edges, more hints, better puzzles etc.
And it will be extremely challenging, unplayable even. Or maybe not.

Stay tuned.
Still waiting, bro. I heard your mod is nice, though a bit on easy die. Hopefuly new update can bring more fun and challenge.

Pompidom
Posts: 486
Joined: Sun May 06, 2018 9:42 pm

Re: [New Mod] Falagar - A Journey

Post by Pompidom » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:07 pm

Kirill wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:07 pm
It looks like you tried your best to offend me. But i forgive you, my friend.
Good luck!
Don't worry about it, you've just been argueing with the pathetic author of this mod on one of his many double accounts.

Kirill
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:36 pm

Re: [New Mod] Falagar - A Journey

Post by Kirill » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:26 pm

Maybe update to 1.3.7 will change things for better. I heard that mod itself is good, just a bit on easy side. Author himself said that is is "Normal" difficulty. In current times normal is another word for "easy".

Cave wizard
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:02 pm

Re: [New Mod] Falagar - A Journey

Post by Cave wizard » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:20 am

Pompidom wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:07 pm
Don't worry about it, you've just been argueing with the pathetic author of this mod on one of his many double accounts.
Not everyone who disagrees with you or that rude creature is an alt account. Perhaps you should try making fewer baseless accusations.

Kirill
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:36 pm

Re: [New Mod] Falagar - A Journey

Post by Kirill » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:14 pm

minmay wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:37 pm
Lorial wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:01 pm
"Nobody has completed your mod over the 3 months time that it has been released." Oh I have, you are wrong.
This thread is amazing in general, but this little exchange is my favourite part
Yes, it is best )


p.s. When new update is planned?

Post Reply