[New Mod] Falagar - A Journey

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Zo Kath Ra

Re: [New Mod] Falagar - A Journey

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

Since I'm apparently the only moderator here, I'll quote the moderation ground rules:
If someone is actively provoking people or outright flaming, issue warning. "Play nice" is usually enough. If the person continues, give a temporary ban of one day.

So:
Please play nice.
I won't lock this thread, because people still need a place to ask question about this mod.
But I will give out 1-day bans if people continue flaming.
Longer bans if necessary.
General_Milky

Post by General_Milky »

Lorial wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:18 am
General_Milky wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:00 am Wow, this thread got pretty heated...
How about this, next time you run into a problem: Don't ragepost as if anyone owed you something for playing the mod, but simply ask for help like everyone else does? So far this method has worked wonders in the comments sections and it usually ended in a "Ahhh, thank you, missed X." If you were to compare your approach to get help for the Moor with others', you might find fine differences, especially the outcome. It's your move now.
Because if that was all it was, simply wanting help, it'd have ignored the vast majority of my thoughts and opinions on your mod. It's not necessarily JUST that I'm stuck and can't progress... it's that I'm stuck and can't progress, in an environment that seems deliberately designed to frustrate and annoy. Even if you told me exactly where to go and what to do, it'd leave many of the elements that made me care enough to post about it completely unresolved.

So... nah. Just looking for help wouldn't have really cut it. I had a strong opinion I wanted heard, that was related to my inability to progress. That's why the rage post is there.
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

its a great mod!! its not my goal to finish it so quick as possible with an endboss but its very amazing to find out how to come into the other levels!~!!
gylippos

Post by gylippos »

Well what have I stepped back into?
I just want some help. if you remember, you gave me a hint to get out of the grotto. I went from there to the moor and have cleared about two thirds of it but can't get any further or get back. The places I have been stopped are:
1. I don't get the clue about the dark being needed to reveal the blue. I have waited for night and used the dark spell without being any the wiser.
2. The teleport on a switch that is over the water near the dark and blue clue .
3. i didn't get the clue about walking on and under water, but I think I have activated the bridge that it leads to.The areas I haven't penetrated are the SW quarter and the area in the centre North.

Console or coding hints as mentioned by the disgruntled players are not available to me as I don't have the skills to use either.
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

To enable the console, go to My Documents\Almost Human\Legend Of Grimrock 2. Open the grimrock.CFG. file and look for the line that says "console = false". Change "false" to "true". The next line should read "consolekey = 200". Change the number to "192". Then save the changes. When you start the game, the tilde key will bring up the console.
Lorial

Post by Lorial »

SpoilerShow
1. Have you tried a dark bolt on the lit forest lantern?
2. The pressure plate should open the first gate in the center and light the forest lantern a few tiles north of it. (see 1.)
3. There are three pressue plates "under water" in the area, one in the S, one in the SE and one in the NE corner. Now you "walk over water" where the wall text is. The pressure plate in the central part (over the river, west) should no longer be teleporting projectiles back at you.
That should almost get you out of the area.
If push comes to shove, activating the console is merely changing the respective entry from "false" to "true" in the grimrock.ini file in your documents/almost human/grimrock2 folder.

Version 1.3 will make things a lot easier (including the grotto) and traversing this particular area a walk in the park.
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

1.2 is much improved with the cab in the cage thanks, looking forward to 1.3 hopefully it will an upgrade and not a do over......
gylippos

Post by gylippos »

You haven't got me there yet. I had already walked on and left items on the three plates you mention. The offending teleport is still sending the missiles back. Walking over water presumably means using the magic bridge. I had this before, and again had walked on and left an item on the plate it leads to. Is this a bug or am I missing the point?
I would never have thought of using the darkbolt.( In another mod, darkbolt crashes the game) It did the trick, and I have the crystal exposed. I hadn't realized that this was the blue in question.
Lorial

Post by Lorial »

gylippos wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:26 am You haven't got me there yet. I had already walked on and left items on the three plates you mention. The offending teleport is still sending the missiles back. Walking over water presumably means using the magic bridge. I had this before, and again had walked on and left an item on the plate it leads to. Is this a bug or am I missing the point?
I would never have thought of using the darkbolt.( In another mod, darkbolt crashes the game) It did the trick, and I have the crystal exposed. I hadn't realized that this was the blue in question.
Made a little guide for the Rutted Moor and added topics on Steam and NexusMods.

https://imgur.com/a/WGyF7mI

All you have to do is visit the 3 red circles (underwater platforms), step on the plate at 5) so you can throw a projectile over the river at "X", the teleporter should be deactivated by then. This opens a magic bridge a bit to the south and allows you to cross over to the other side and proceed.