[New Mod] Falagar - A Journey

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
agamon42

Re: [New Mod] Falagar - A Journey

Post by agamon42 »

Hello to all,i have been playing this great mod v.1.35b for some time and now i have some trouble exactly in location "Treasury tower".There is an alcove and next to of this alcove is writen "Decenia XL".I do not understand what is needed to put into the alcove to open steel door and i could continue.
Thanks for your feedback
Lorial

Post by Lorial »

agamon42 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:30 pm Hello to all,i have been playing this great mod v.1.35b for some time and now i have some trouble exactly in location "Treasury tower".There is an alcove and next to of this alcove is writen "Decenia XL".I do not understand what is needed to put into the alcove to open steel door and i could continue.
Thanks for your feedback
This is a rather simple numeric puzzle, however, it might require a bit of research. ;)
Decenia is a Latin term and the "XL" refers to Roman numerals.

Glad you're enjoying the mod so far.
Omnibomb

Post by Omnibomb »

Got trapped in water in the twigroot grove in the lower left, teleported back with the recall stone, now i have a ball of light following me and make shock noises what do i do?
naritete

Post by naritete »

Hello!
Thanks for the great mod, I'm enjoying the V135 very much.
There are a few reports.
1. The player's lightning bolt/heavy lightning bolt magic is not ejected.
2. Barbarian characteristics do not react with some blunt instruments.
3. The "Soul journey to the stars" gimmick in the pyramid doesn't work.
4. If you put the Green Gem in Highlands and then take it out again, it will freeze.
Lorial

Post by Lorial »

naritete wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:38 pm Hello!
Thanks for the great mod, I'm enjoying the V135 very much.
There are a few reports.
1. The player's lightning bolt/heavy lightning bolt magic is not ejected.
2. Barbarian characteristics do not react with some blunt instruments.
3. The "Soul journey to the stars" gimmick in the pyramid doesn't work.
4. If you put the Green Gem in Highlands and then take it out again, it will freeze.
Glad you enjoy it and thanks for the bug report, just looked into it and I can confirm these.

1. Must have changed it to a custom one, probably for testing purposes and never changed it back. Apparently, nobody ever skilled air magic to be able to report this after several months...

2. It "only" works for 15 different blunt weapons, some of which are magical, others mundane ones. I believe this should suffice.

3. It launches a lightning bolt which you need to guide through by opening the grates. Just tested and it does work. However, there is a simple workaround with a lightning orb.

4. Fixed this altar before but unfortunately it was connected to the blue gem altar in the east. Fixed for good now.
naritete

Post by naritete »

Lorial, thanks for the reply :D
Falagar has so many classes and races that it's fun to replay it :lol:

Unfortunately, the orb's power, Lightning Bolt Heavy Lightning Bolt, is also not ejected.
And there are some additional reports.
1. The Poison and Ice Trap spell causes a CTD when I cast it.
2. In Rutted Moor, the gimmick of casting Dark Bolt to get Dexterity Potion can be used as many times as I want.
3.I can get a Soulfang Pick as many times as I want at Graveyard.
4.In the Graveyard, the hidden switch where the wand that triggers a two-boss fight is located doesn't work.
The teleporter activates, but nothing happens.
5. At Treasury Tower, I removed all the torches, stepped on the pressure plate, pressed the switch 4 and 7 times, and moved the lever, but the gimmick did not work. I'm sorry if it's my fault.
naritete

Post by naritete »

Oh, I'm sorry!
The magic of the poison trap works fine.
Lorial

Post by Lorial »

naritete wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:41 pm
1. The Poison and Ice Trap spell causes a CTD when I cast it.
2. In Rutted Moor, the gimmick of casting Dark Bolt to get Dexterity Potion can be used as many times as I want.
3.I can get a Soulfang Pick as many times as I want at Graveyard.
4.In the Graveyard, the hidden switch where the wand that triggers a two-boss fight is located doesn't work.
The teleporter activates, but nothing happens.
5. At Treasury Tower, I removed all the torches, stepped on the pressure plate, pressed the switch 4 and 7 times, and moved the lever, but the gimmick did not work. I'm sorry if it's my fault.
Very good, seems like I need to update to version 1.36 soon, keep it coming. ;)

True, the lightning spell is the same when cast by objects, so it won't work, it is fixed now.

1. The Ice Trap spell is different as it was meant to prevent casting through grates and doors. In fact, all traps could be cast through solid objects. This has now been fixed and all trap spells now backfire if the player attempts this.

2. and 3. Fixed so that only one can appear in a run. The soulfang pick is also visible but unreachable behind the cemetery fence now.

4. Interesting, I added a crypt entrance there in the last update. The item it was supposed to get teleported out, but it fell into the ground. Fixed.

5. The pressure plate resets the cycle. The three steps are
SpoilerShow
removing the torch and then pressing the two buttons
. Afterwards the door behind the teleport west opens.
naritete

Post by naritete »

I'm looking forward to the V136 :D
There are still a lot of secrets that are still sleeping around, so we'll probably play them again from the beginning.

Personally, I like Monk very much.
This is a good caster that is tough and has very fast MP recovery.

Thanks for the Spoiler on Treasury Tower, for some reason it doesn't work in my environment><

1. Dark bolt for crystal appearance in Rutted Moor, neither magic nor wands were good.
2. The gold key didn't fit, so I used the console to use the key.
Lorial

Post by Lorial »

1. I was fairly certain I already tried that before in v.135 and it worked and the dormant crystal got activated. Guess I "optimized" the scripts and mixed them around. Activating the flame by the pressure plate destroyed the wall trigger before it could be used once.
Anyway, it is fixed now and the player receives XP for activating the central healing crystal.

2. This one has already been reported, it requires a "^gold_key" which should be hard to find. The "^" stemming from opening the console, of course. A small misstep for the creator, a giant problem for the players. ^^

Fiddling around with the correct spell, I realized that the fear and light traps weren't working like the others either. Fixed.
I also changed the XP-message just like in the German version. The varying amounts are now indicated by the message without telling the specific number of XP gained.