Blood Moon

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Pompidom

Re: Blood Moon

Post by Pompidom »

Since the mod has multiple dimensions of the same world, 1 original + 4 elemental dimensions I have a small clip to share on what to expect from these "dimensions".
Basically mostly same layout but with completely redesigned looks for each dimension.
Each dimension will get progressively harder. Elemental puzzles to solve. Quests to undertake and their respective elemental enemies to exterminate. And offcourse High tier elemental loot and spells are only to be purchased or found in their dimensions.

All in preparation for the end game showdown when you take the fight to the demon dimension.

Obviously far from finished.

https://youtu.be/p_k5b0zj3uI
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

Enchanting and empowerment system finally implemented. Still needs sounds and graphical effects, but it's functional.

https://youtu.be/rkPVh_pFoU4
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

i hope this is a try outlevel ?
i import a level 17 party but i died almost very hard painfull and quick in the guard barracks
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

Watch this short video

https://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimr ... =2&slide=0

Take this route, the town offers your typical tutorial quests, tutorial level 1 trash monsters to get your first levels and equipment. And will teach you gradually the new mechanics like beating strong enemies by using your surroundings instead of brute combat.

Listen to npc's, they will give you directions. The guard's barracks is a place for when you have decent weapons and armor and some levels under your belt.

special enemies like vampires can't be defeated by normal combat, they will need to be slain in different ways, solving puzzles, using your surroundings or luring them into traps.

It's gonna be an open world rpg, so if an area is too difficult, simply turn back. Don't start punching your fists against endgame monsters naked like a fool :)

Don't import a party, start with a new party for the best experience.
Sell the stuff enemies leave behind in shops and purchase some tomes of experience

This mod is about a pleasant adventure, it's not difficult. However the difficulty will ramp up quickly depending which location, therefor it's crucial that you explore the easy locations first for more loot before wandering off in some random endgame dungeon.
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

Currently I'm transforming the mod into a Dark souls currency rpg. I was thinking of using campfires as a rest zone, giving you the option to resurrect all the trash mobs around you so you can farm your heart out if you truly want to. And potentially catch up on the difficulty curve if you wasted your coins on stupid stuff like trinkets instead of decent armor/weapons/experience.

The campfire lights up when all enemies in your location have been slain, giving you the option to use it. Respawning all enemies on the map.

Some previous locations you visited will start generating some monsters again until you have closed down the portal in that location by defeating the boss. Giving you a chance to gain more loot until your party is strong enough to tackle the next tier difficulty of locations.

The enchanting and empowerment system turns out to be a huge money sink.

Another tip: Buy the copper/silver currency magic weapons as soon as you can, they give a lot of value/power for only 1 single coin.
Until you have enough currency to buy the more expensive stuff.

Updated the mod with a functional enchantment system.
Buy "silver coin" magic weapons in the magic shop for example and enchant them with power gems, they fire magical projectiles and every time you enchant them, they will shoot more powerful projectiles.
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

save games in the second city and further wont open again
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

You can always send me the savegame if you want,
Things like that haven't happened to me in my testing at all, but I can always check what's happening for you to check for potential bugs I missed.

Just make sure you have enough patience, loading a save game can easily take a minute or even longer depending how far you've gotten into the mod and the speed of your cpu. The mod is huge with lots of test and filler maps so it's bloated. Also it needs to reload a lot of useless stuff that won't be there in the final version.

Send me the file if you wish to: bloodmoonmod@gmail.com
Tell me which version you're playing and a short description of the last area you were in :)

Check if the savegame works again after you have simply exited Grimrock 2 and restarted Grimrock 2.
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

i played later alpha 11 and i i have the same now in a town shop but the autosave in the vampirehouse by the well and the secret button works good. i think i can better wait for the complete version..
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

I figured out the issue. :) I'll fix it in version 12 :)

Some coinslots functions trigger the bug :)

Version 9 and 11 that you played were focused on testing all the shops. And apparantly I sneaked in a tiny bug with the coinslots. Well done finding it. This could have been a disaster if you hadn't stumbled upon it now.
Last edited by Pompidom on Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:54 am, edited 8 times in total.
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

Issue found, thanx for reporting !