Blood Moon

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
minmay

Re: Blood Moon

Post by minmay »

RMariano wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:46 pm You've told us all about the "labor pains" It's now time to show us the baby..... ;)
could you have possibly chosen a worse metaphor to pair with the ;) smiley
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

Blood moon alpha 01 has been released on Nexus.
It's not finished offcourse, but I needed a dat file to check out if everything works so far.

It contains all 50+ maps, but only 10 are accessible by "normal means"
Enjoy!

https://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/120
FasterThanLife

Post by FasterThanLife »

I'm trying out the alpha.

1. The vampire appears to have endless hit points. Is it just a matter of time in killing him?

2. In the vampire's room, clicking on three of the drapes is fine. But clicking on the fourth causes an error message and crash to the desktop. (It doesn't matter which one you choose fourth.)

Thanks for your work and originality!
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

The vampire is killed by indeed letting the sun in by removing the curtains as told by the guards.

Make sure you have installed the ntcore patch properly and patched grimrock2.exe properly.
Steam version can be a bit tricky, GoG version should be a nobrainer.
Also make sure your legend of grimrock 2 is updated to the latest version 2.2.4

The crash you are describing doesn't happen on any of my systems or testers, so it must be something on your end.
Also since the mod currently reaches over 3 GB in memory allocation, therefor I can't guarantee compatibility with apple hardware and currently the mod has only been tested on Windows 7.

I would love some feedback from apple users. But I'm afraid any apple OS will simply run out of memory in the current state. They're limited to 3 GB of memory allocation to grimrock2. While on Windows the patch brings it to 4 GB. The mod currently needs roughly 3.4 GB of memory allocation. In the future I will bring down the allocation under 3 GB, but that will take some time.
Just to be clear I'm not talking about system RAM, but memory allocation.

Enjoy!
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

FasterThanLife wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:49 pm 2. In the vampire's room, clicking on three of the drapes is fine. But clicking on the fourth causes an error message and crash to the desktop. (It doesn't matter which one you choose fourth.)
What is the error message?
FasterThanLife

Post by FasterThanLife »

I figured it out.
I had gotten bored trying to kill the vampire by combat, so I killed him by ... other means.
So when I opened the last drape, the "kill-vampire" routine was initiated - but there was no vampire to kill! Crash!

It works fine now. Thanks.
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

Yes, currently the code is sloppy, when you kill an npc you're not supposed to kill with console cheats, then the game will crash when a script asks for that specific npc later in the game.

Depending on your view this is sloppy coding from my part or simply ingenious anti-cheat protection! :)
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

Meanwhile we have transitioned to Alpha version 8 already.

The mod is progressing nicely and currently the first ~10 stages are more or less properly finished making it an enjoyable but short mod :)

https://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimr ... escription
RMariano

Post by RMariano »

How... do I get out of Wakka Wakka?? Grab the globe and BAM! straight into craziness. Plz?
Regards,

RMariano
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

It's a secret bonus level meant for fun and probably won't make it in the final version :)
It's a pacman level and you will have to light up every single square. (eat all the dots)

I was planning on making the ghosts vulnerable when you grab the corner dots, but haven't had the time yet.

Once you have done that a message will appear that you have to find the exit. A teleporter will appear in the middle of the map in the ghost's hideout :)

You're supposed to enter the town straight away. I should have blocked the access to that part :p

Basically the entire "road to town" map needs a makeover. The crappy teleport puzzle that leads to the secret pacman stage will be deleted as well. It was basically the 2nd map when I started out exploring the editor a year ago and therefor looks like garbage :)

https://www.google.com/search?q=pacman+ ... 8eM:&vet=1

This is the layout :)

Turns out many playtesters decided to take the teleporter to town instead of going in manually. Messing up the order they completed their quests which resulted in an endgame crash. Don't take the teleporter in the woods! :)