[MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
knr

Re: [MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Post by knr »

I went back and cleaned up my last couple of secrets in arc after the hints bongobeat gave, leaving me with 316/318. One is the bugged secret in Xaafi temple, had no clue about the other one until these patchnotes - they mention a gravedigger weapon in the hive and a wrong secret list.

Blue mountains is probably the least missed level to remove, outside of moving the poet to a more convenient location and removing rocky coast.

While endgame nerfs are good, health regen was already not very valuable. I don't know how much regen I had (something like the mirror from Final Adventure, to let you see your hidden stats would be great here), but you can probably check in the save I posted that it still doesn't actually do anything noticeable. With the health totals my endgame party had, the only reasonable healing methods were the heal spells and dying (a big issue with keeping default alchemy is that the master potions for 300 hp/mp are terrible and expensive compared to a full restore for 2 blackmoss).
ene

Post by ene »

bongobeat wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:21 pm New version is up:
Full change details is on the nexus.

I've slightly reduced bonus of most mid and ending item.
I was thinking about this the other day, too much xp, stuff, etc.. The amount of xp you get in Pirate bastion (by exchanging epics items, weapons..) is insane. I don't mind the goodies, well why not, But i mean 50000, 150000, 200000xp, i honestly think it's beyond ridiculous. I don't want to sound rude (my english is so limited), but while the idea is interesting, that spoils the fun aterwards (i honestly think)

I mean I easily earnt about 10 levels here (and yet haven't found everything)

I realize that would be lot of work still - and that it's no easy task to do in anyway.

bongobeat wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:21 pm
2498billb wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:44 pm 1. In Lake Rhun found a message:
The First Letters Are The Hint
The First Letters Are Four
The First Letters Are Overwater
The First Letters Are For The Fallen Warrior
No idea what this puzzle is and also where to use it?
2. Found the Tomb of the Fallen Warrior, but the entrance has a forcefield, and the clue leaves me clueless? Hint please.
3. What item do I need at the wooden door to place in the redesigned alcove, a dragon tooth in a samurai's hand
Some of these hints/clues are so ambiguous!
1. You have to use the first letter of each line of the wall text (not that one who said about first letters etc.., but the other walltext, then it will tell you when the door will be opened. You can also have some luck to come in that area on the right time.
2. Hmm? Means you have passed the "The First letters thing"
That forcefield is disabled with a gem that you put on the nearby socket. The gem is somewhere in the level.
3. An item related which is used in a samurai's hands, which is in
SpoilerShow
xaafi temple
4. Wait, there is no 4!
hi 2498billb, i'm in the same place :D we're the late ones in the race, everybody seem to have crossed the line long time ago :lol:

If i may add more. I know it's not nice feeling when you get stuck, sometime more help is welcome i guess

1. i'd just say one of the very early item you got entering this level
2. look at your watch, you're gonna be late for lunch ! ( :mrgreen: :roll: )

i'm so bad at giving tips :lol: it's terrible

3. actually came here as i wanted to ask the same question. I think i have just emptied my whole inventory here..nothing seem to work for god's sake! I'm not even sure about the alcove (despite what Banaora said)..

is this the place (where you must put stuff)?

the door is just on the left.
SpoilerShow
xaafi temple
which level? I only missed 2 secrets in underground since i only found a tiny area there (the riddle with the bow)

Also,

the power gem in the far south west..

then you have these 2 messages..

Is the the 1st one related to the sword near the forcefield? (at the top)?

@2nd message, i'd obviously think about some kind of fish, but no alcove around? pretty confusing if you ask me (but nobody does)
ene

Post by ene »

ene wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:43 am Image
it is meant to block the way when you want to climb the ladder to get out. If you don't found the walkable wall.
Well, i'm not sure to understand. what do you mean by 'walkable wall' ? :oops:
Doesn't matter, as long as this not a bug
2498billb wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:06 pm Hi ene I saw the message and used the letters on the 3 colored buttons but it failed to work, then someone advised to press the red button twice to reset the puzzle, this then worked OK
glad you made it!
Give thanks to Banaora ;)
Banaora wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:49 am So when you first get to this riddle try and press the green button and then enter the sequence. It will not work.
hmm you're got me troubled here :? if you say so.. (let me check that again, will you :D )

knr wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:12 pm Blue mountains is probably the least missed level to remove, outside of moving the poet to a more convenient location and removing rocky coast.
i beg to disagree (but of course Bongobeat agrees with you :lol: ). Seems like i'm the only one to like this map, it would need some more ogres, it would put some nice challenges i think at this time of the game + there are some good puzzles (forcefields/trees), also i like the backgounds
ene

Post by ene »

@bg - i wanted to say that what you've done about the fight with the underwater creatures is not bad at all, considering the limitations of the game in this environment..

I remember we used to struggle quite a lot here, trying to find some ways to get the battle more exiting..

When i saw the fight a moment ago, it made me smile, but then i though to myself 'not bad at all actually'

souvenir, souvenir ;)
ene

Post by ene »

What is it for?

(lake rhun, near the forcefield with the sword)
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

ene wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:39 am What is it for?

(lake rhun, near the forcefield with the sword)
to disable the forcefield behind you, and the timer tiggering it. It can closed itself automatically with time.
There is a timer who check the good moment if the forcefield should be "opened" or "closed".
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
2498billb

Post by 2498billb »

ene wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:16 am
bongobeat wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:21 pm New version is up:
Full change details is on the nexus.

I've slightly reduced bonus of most mid and ending item.
I was thinking about this the other day, too much xp, stuff, etc.. The amount of xp you get in Pirate bastion (by exchanging epics items, weapons..) is insane. I don't mind the goodies, well why not, But i mean 50000, 150000, 200000xp, i honestly think it's beyond ridiculous. I don't want to sound rude (my english is so limited), but while the idea is interesting, that spoils the fun aterwards (i honestly think)

I mean I easily earnt about 10 levels here (and yet haven't found everything)

I realize that would be lot of work still - and that it's no easy task to do in anyway.

2498billb wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:44 pm 1. In Lake Rhun found a message:
The First Letters Are The Hint
The First Letters Are Four
The First Letters Are Overwater
The First Letters Are For The Fallen Warrior
No idea what this puzzle is and also where to use it?
2. Found the Tomb of the Fallen Warrior, but the entrance has a forcefield, and the clue leaves me clueless? Hint please.
3. What item do I need at the wooden door to place in the redesigned alcove, a dragon tooth in a samurai's hand
Some of these hints/clues are so ambiguous!
1. You have to use the first letter of each line of the wall text (not that one who said about first letters etc.., but the other walltext, then it will tell you when the door will be opened. You can also have some luck to come in that area on the right time.
2. Hmm? Means you have passed the "The First letters thing"
That forcefield is disabled with a gem that you put on the nearby socket. The gem is somewhere in the level.
3. An item related which is used in a samurai's hands, which is in
SpoilerShow
xaafi temple
4. Wait, there is no 4!
hi 2498billb, i'm in the same place :D we're the late ones in the race, everybody seem to have crossed the line long time ago :lol:

If i may add more. I know it's not nice feeling when you get stuck, sometime more help is welcome i guess

1. i'd just say one of the very early item you got entering this level
2. look at your watch, you're gonna be late for lunch ! ( :mrgreen: :roll: )

i'm so bad at giving tips :lol: it's terrible

3. actually came here as i wanted to ask the same question. I think i have just emptied my whole inventory here..nothing seem to work for god's sake! I'm not even sure about the alcove (despite what Banaora said)..

is this the place (where you must put stuff)?

the door is just on the left.
Hi ene this is the place, it's a redesigned alcove very well done I must say! I definitely missed it.
SpoilerShow
xaafi temple
which level? I only missed 2 secrets in underground since i only found a tiny area there (the riddle with the bow)

Also,

the power gem in the far south west..

then you have these 2 messages..

Is the the 1st one related to the sword near the forcefield? (at the top)?

@2nd message, i'd obviously think about some kind of fish, but no alcove around? pretty confusing if you ask me (but nobody does)
fairydude

Post by fairydude »

Can I just sell the gems like Topaz/Adventurine or do I keep them for npcs/potions in the future? SInce I've seen letters/books mentioning that selling them to the dwarfs might be good or to use them in potions. (will probably keep 1 copy of all of them, just incase)

I have like 2 boxes full of gems that I just carry around with me all the time because I'm not sure what to do with them.

E: And as long as I haven't found the 2nd jean bart key, I have no reason to sell the rings, seeing as they are probably involved in a puzzle, too.
marten_1992

Post by marten_1992 »

a few more questions ....
in xaafi temple I am trying to get the mirror from under the turning statue but no iudea how to do that ..
read about lake rhun but never found a map labelled that way !? the argenite gem I have already found, it s supposed to be used there somewhere ? same is valid for the captain s key !? still have it in my inventory ...
am I right assuming that rocky coast map is only a very small area !?
still no luck with the battlehammer, dug nearly everywhere in deadmarch but no chest
can anything be done with the Tannhäuser Tor ?
the xaafi temple map is great and quite spooky with all these priests
currently I am trying to get into that crypt to be well prepared for the drakenland, is it worth that ?
one more, in obanyon I am stuck again, disabeling force fields did not work and I cannot open that - touched by darkness - door
one or two hints would be great
might have found a bug in blue mountains, there s a railing in the NW I can pass, the I fall down and cannot leave that field anymore, did I overlook something ??
bregdan anweald gafeluec ...
2498billb

Post by 2498billb »

Hi stuck again
I have the book Obanyon, don't know who to see to open it as it asked for an educated man familiar with the runes, also I visited the Glacier Caves and found entrance into Obanyon but need a key to enter here somehow. Any help welcome.