[MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
knr

Re: [MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Post by knr »

Still haven't found archives IV. Some known mysteries in what I assume are the corresponding areas:

1. The holy cross.
SpoilerShow
Feel like I've tried every item I've got here, including a literal cross from the city.
2. Only a master of light may pass.
SpoilerShow
My current guess, a high level light magic spell does something to let you avoid the projectile?
3. An unreachable ledge with a cave entrance in the north of the canyon.

Also, in general, how thoroughly should I explore the city before leaving for the island? I'm missing so much here I'm just assuming a lot of it will unlock later.
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

knr wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:24 pm Still haven't found archives IV. Some known mysteries in what I assume are the corresponding areas:

1. The holy cross.
SpoilerShow
Feel like I've tried every item I've got here, including a literal cross from the city.
2. Only a master of light may pass.
SpoilerShow
My current guess, a high level light magic spell does something to let you avoid the projectile?
3. An unreachable ledge with a cave entrance in the north of the canyon.

Also, in general, how thoroughly should I explore the city before leaving for the island? I'm missing so much here I'm just assuming a lot of it will unlock later.
SpoilerShow
Have you found Garson's ornamental sword in Garson's keep?
SpoilerShow
There is light closeby isn't there?
SpoilerShow
You get there by doing the den of the thieves quest in Malan Tael
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Banaora wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:28 pm 3.
SpoilerShow

Can you write exact steps to get this quest, for den of thieves?
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

Whisper wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:45 pm
SpoilerShow
So I will give you the starting point:
SpoilerShow
Play the shooting game in Malan Tael a few times. Who knows maybe you can win the bow after all ;)
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Banaora wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:49 pm
Whisper wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:45 pm
SpoilerShow
So I will give you the starting point:
SpoilerShow
Play the shooting game in Malan Tael a few times. Who knows maybe you can win the bow after all ;)
Do you know how resistance debuff works exactly?

I am testing but i cant figure it out.
knr

Post by knr »

Confused about the dwarf tax checkpoint encounter. I can't see any way to actually pay him. And not instantly murdering him just locks you out of the secret. Any negative consequences to murder? And neither choice actually opens the checkpoint.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

2 bongobeat: Sorry about asking about resistances debuff.

I play now Toorum Manor (your Mod for LOG1) and it is possible to have 100 in all resistances and immune to goromorg spell damage.

So you changed how resistances work in this mod, right? But how exactly debuff works?
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

knr wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:15 pm Confused about the dwarf tax checkpoint encounter. I can't see any way to actually pay him. And not instantly murdering him just locks you out of the secret. Any negative consequences to murder? And neither choice actually opens the checkpoint.
Can not help you, but i know that passing this checkpoint starts nex Chapter and gives access to Styr jungle. So probably you need to finish main questline with dwarfs.
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

knr wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:15 pm Confused about the dwarf tax checkpoint encounter. I can't see any way to actually pay him. And not instantly murdering him just locks you out of the secret. Any negative consequences to murder? And neither choice actually opens the checkpoint.
You can kill the dwarf to get the secret, it has no consequence. You miss the secret if you don't kill him.
Whisper wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:43 pm 2 bongobeat: Sorry about asking about resistances debuff.

I play now Toorum Manor (your Mod for LOG1) and it is possible to have 100 in all resistances and immune to goromorg spell damage.

So you changed how resistances work in this mod, right? But how exactly debuff works?
By debuff, I suppose you are talking about boss, or some monster that gives you a debuff, that lowers your magical resistance right?

You get 1% magic resistance for 1 stat in the corresponding magical school.
Light magic or dark magic don't give you any resistances, only regen.

You can have 100% magic resistance in house hardabar too, especially if you're a mage. But bosses, and some monsters can lower partially or greatly your defenses. Using magic shields, gear (set most generally), and some skills (magic school, arcane) helps a lot to compensate the debuff.

I have put these debuff, because, well, you get almost 100% magic resistance most of the time, since the mod is long, and you got plenty times to xp your characters, at least for mage. Other class can find it difficult to raise the cold resistance. Anyway, it depends on what you wear, etc...
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
knr

Post by knr »

Some more questions.

1. What does the lever in the Zo temple pool do? Couldn't notice any changes after it.

2. This one feels kind of silly to ask about, as the hint is literally "the secret button", but I'm stuck after the painting in Tannhauser fortress. An empty 7x7 room doesn't seem big enough to hide a button this well.

3. A lot of books have been used as riddle answers, I guess there's no way to know which ones are safe to sell besides duplicates.