[MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Polixenes

Re: [MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Post by Polixenes »

olavimuff.ee wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:06 am I need help for one puzzle in the Xaafi desert areaa. It looks very simple but I am somehow unable to solve it.
SpoilerShow
"Once a fire was lit with a thunderbolt during a thunderstorm,
The fire burns less as the air was melted with humidity.
After the thunderstorm all things go neutral again."

And there is a wall with wizard spell elements.

I have tried to first press lightning bolt buttons, then water element/frost bolt and then middle button. Also a lot of other solutions but nothing works. Any hint?
Here's a hint:
SpoilerShow
There are 3 symbols to click for the first line of the story, 3 for the second line, and you are correct to finish on balance.
olavimuff.ee

Post by olavimuff.ee »

Polixenes wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:18 pm
olavimuff.ee wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:06 am I need help for one puzzle in the Xaafi desert areaa. It looks very simple but I am somehow unable to solve it.
SpoilerShow
"Once a fire was lit with a thunderbolt during a thunderstorm,
The fire burns less as the air was melted with humidity.
After the thunderstorm all things go neutral again."

And there is a wall with wizard spell elements.

I have tried to first press lightning bolt buttons, then water element/frost bolt and then middle button. Also a lot of other solutions but nothing works. Any hint?
Here's a hint:
SpoilerShow
There are 3 symbols to click for the first line of the story, 3 for the second line, and you are correct to finish on balance.
I see that I have some missing spells with 3 icons which is related with fire and water. So I am out of ideas. Maybe solution? :D
Polixenes

Post by Polixenes »

It's not spells you need to trace out, just the specific elements (thunder = air, humidity = water)

I think the correct sequence was
SpoilerShow
Once a fire was lit = fire (top left rune)
with a thunderbolt = air (top right)
during a thunderstorm = air
fire burns less = fire
as the air was melted = air
with humidity = water (bottom right)
after the thunderstorm all things go neutral = middle rune

I think that's the solution (checking my scribbled notes) but if it doesn't work maybe that last sentence should be air for the thunderstorm and then balance.
olavimuff.ee

Post by olavimuff.ee »

Polixenes wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:09 pm It's not spells you need to trace out, just the specific elements (thunder = air, humidity = water)

I think the correct sequence was
SpoilerShow
Once a fire was lit = fire (top left rune)
with a thunderbolt = air (top right)
during a thunderstorm = air
fire burns less = fire
as the air was melted = air
with humidity = water (bottom right)
after the thunderstorm all things go neutral = middle rune

I think that's the solution (checking my scribbled notes) but if it doesn't work maybe that last sentence should be air for the thunderstorm and then balance.
AAAAAA ... I thought same way at begin but I was in xaafi temple and there I didnt get it work this way and I thought I have to reveal spells with these buttons. And yes, air was before balance too.

Thank you very much, Polixenes, solved it. Also I'm gonna return to temple now to figure out how to get that chest there ...
olavimuff.ee

Post by olavimuff.ee »

Bug:

A boss can spawn behind locked door and then it is unable to spawn back to fighting area.
olavimuff.ee

Post by olavimuff.ee »

I have same issue in the Xaafi temple with wall with elements buttons. :(
SpoilerShow
"When the air was buring, Naurung comes, land on the ground, and deliver death to the unbeliever, while burning their physical bodies, their spirit leave the world and balance the forces of the universe"
I feel like I have tried all possible combinations and I probably misunderstand something.
Polixenes

Post by Polixenes »

The solution is performed in a similar fashion. I had to look up another Grimrock website because I didn't know the names of all of the symbols. There is life, death, spirit and physical, and most if not all of them come into play for this puzzle. That may be enough to help you solve it.
olavimuff.ee

Post by olavimuff.ee »

Polixenes wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:54 pm The solution is performed in a similar fashion. I had to look up another Grimrock website because I didn't know the names of all of the symbols. There is life, death, spirit and physical, and most if not all of them come into play for this puzzle. That may be enough to help you solve it.
Ohh ... and I always thought why there are too many buttons ...

Thank you so much!
olavimuff.ee

Post by olavimuff.ee »

In the battle of Scavenger's raid at Command center area I get crash. I can kill all bugs except one who's death causes crash every time.
SpoilerShow
=== Software Failure ===

#script_entity_419.script:30: attempt to index global 'CCambush1Boss' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
#script_entity_419.script:30: in function <#script_entity_419.script:8>
[string "Script.lua"]: in function 'sendMessage'
[string "Component.lua"]: in function 'triggerConnectors'
[string "Component.lua"]: in function 'callHook'
[string "Timer.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateComponents'
[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateEntities'
[string "Dungeon.lua"]: in function 'updateLevels'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk
I have deleted only Redwood mine lvl2 area to be able to play this mod and not using console commands for normal gameplay. I hope its not issue.

I try to figure out how to bypass this battle.

Edit: Tried to put forcefields to all locations where bugs appear to make them die by itself. This way also crash. So death of the one specific bug causes crash.
Polixenes

Post by Polixenes »

olavimuff.ee wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:20 am In the battle of Scavenger's raid at Command center area I get crash. I can kill all bugs except one who's death causes crash every time.
It's one of the things I mentioned I am stuck with in my post on the previous page of this forum. It might not be necessary to go into that room because you can go around it. There is a data disk on the floor in that room but it might not be game breaking to forget about it? They seem to be just story and not game-changing....?