[MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Polixenes

Re: [MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Post by Polixenes »

Revisiting the Clam Village Underground question - I think the answer you gave me was for the Mayor's House?

What I am stuck on is the Underground - there is a secret door in the east side and there is a barred gate with some stairs just beyond it over on the west side. Do I open these later in the game maybe?
marten_1992

Post by marten_1992 »

hey
the barred gate will be opened much later if you follow the thieves den quest
about the secret door I am not sure where it is ? can you specify that maybe ?
edit just checked the map, you are probably talking bout that wall in the se near the stairs ?
if there s a door I did not open it ...
bregdan anweald gafeluec ...
marten_1992

Post by marten_1992 »

problems in ARC
computing the wall riddle leads to
SpoilerShow
but that does not seem to be correct
is inserting the cube outside necessary for opening doors inside of ARC ?
tried that too but without success
bregdan anweald gafeluec ...
fairydude

Post by fairydude »

bongobeat wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:20 am The invisibility spell was in the first level of the castle (in the "secret way behind the wall", where you did encounter a few mummy and the puzzle trap with the different faces for the poison staff.
The spell was in a small chamber where you need to pass trough a fake wall to reach it. It is near the wall text "can you see trough wall?"
Wait, you mean the starting Castle? I don't remember any of that. On the first floor after the ground floor of the very start??
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

Polixenes wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 5:26 am Revisiting the Clam Village Underground question - I think the answer you gave me was for the Mayor's House?

What I am stuck on is the Underground - there is a secret door in the east side and there is a barred gate with some stairs just beyond it over on the west side. Do I open these later in the game maybe?
Are you talking about the greyfish (clam) underground?
By the barred gate I suppose you're talking about the one with an alcove behind and a spell scroll within. If yes, you will get to that later, once you finish the mayor's quest.

About the secret door: You mean the secret door in the south east?
If yes, there is a button in that part of the level, hidden in
SpoilerShow
the north, before the closed door. But it is necessary to break some rock before.
fairydude wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:21 pm
bongobeat wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:20 am The invisibility spell was in the first level of the castle (in the "secret way behind the wall", where you did encounter a few mummy and the puzzle trap with the different faces for the poison staff.
The spell was in a small chamber where you need to pass trough a fake wall to reach it. It is near the wall text "can you see trough wall?"
Wait, you mean the starting Castle? I don't remember any of that. On the first floor after the ground floor of the very start??
yes
marten_1992 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:31 am problems in ARC
computing the wall riddle leads to
SpoilerShow
but that does not seem to be correct
is inserting the cube outside necessary for opening doors inside of ARC ?
tried that too but without success
Do you mean the wall keys that lead to Central Computer HAL?
If yes, that is not the right answer.
Also, you can try to put the whole formula in an online calculator, because you can forgot to do an operation (Happened to me).
I didn't get the right number by a few unit, the calculation was different of +/-2 of the real number.

Also the "x" within the formula is not an x as an unknown variable, it is the multiplier.

The cube is necessary to open the outside door that leads to the inside, and will be necessary later for something else.
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
Polixenes

Post by Polixenes »

Thanks for your continued help Bongobeat.

For the archery range in the imperial city, I had about 100 tries without hitting the target. None of my characters have any missile weapon skill so maybe I should come back when one of them has put some skill points into it?

I'm trying to get the Tannhauser crypt key from the rat pirate. I am missing the meteor shield. I don't think I have found the recipe note for that and I am hoping it has a meteorite with it, since my final 3 meteorites, hammer, plus shield mold aren't enough to make it. Can you hint where to locate the recipe note? I also have not found the Battleaxe (Edit - Battlehammer - I have found it] or the Moonstone but perhaps those are in areas I have yet to visit.

A couple of potential bugs you might care about:

Some English translation help: you used "offrande" in a couple of places I have visited - the English word would be "offerings."
You used "socle" in the Dwarven Mines (regarding the gem for access to the King's room) and an English translation would be "plinth" or "pedestal", or in this particular case I think "alcove" would work.

In the very bottom of the Dwarven Mines where the fire elementals are roaming, a lot of the floor textures are missing (they just show grey and featureless) , and the walls are invisible - was that deliberate or do I have an installation problem?
Polixenes

Post by Polixenes »

Edit - I got through this dinosaur fight with liberal use of resurrection potions. I'm feeling at times the combat in this game is just a little too much. Especially the seemingly infinite respawns hindering progress in some zones.

Original post
Now I have another question - in the sewers, is the dinosaurs boss fight something I can skip?

They wipe out my party with one breath attack and I can't stay lucky enough to dodge that forever while I do 0.25% damage to them per hit. All the time my health is magically draining faster than heal potions can keep up.

So I am hoping this fight is optional.
Polixenes

Post by Polixenes »

Here is where I am currently stuck. It's a bit of a laundry list:

Xaafi Desert - I have the 3 Old Fragments from the temple. The instruction from Tetzek was to come out immediately and meet him in Drakeland. I don't know where that is. The signpost in the Desert says go north but there is no north exit from the map. It says Tainted River is West and I assume that is past the gate in the southwest which I can't open.

Xaafi Temple - I was warned not to provoke the priests or it would ruin the quest, but should I make them attack me sometime later in the game?

Edit - I figured out this next part:
Obanyon book - I found the cave where Obanyon is written on the wall, and I have a book called Obanyon. An earlier hint in the forum says take the book to an NPC on the coast near Mt. Khand, but the only NPC there is the dwarf talking about the boat to the City. There is a tiny door inside a small cave but if he is in there I can't open it yet. Further north on the map there is a barred gate past the 5 cubes puzzle. Perhaps the NPC is past that gate but I can't open it.

Obanyon entrance - I know the answer to the riddle
SpoilerShow
rain cloud
but what item matches this answer?

Styr Jungle - the barred gate in the southeast by the hidden lizardman. Can't find any switch. Is it buried in the bushes somewhere?

Ice Caverns after Gwain's cave - barred gate in the west.

Glacier Caves - tapestry with 2 trees and the sun/moon. Should I do something there?

Edit - I progressed on the Underground quest, got as far as visiting the cellar of the Black Pearl and seeing an odd painting on the back of one of the kegs, but I seem to be at a dead end now. Not sure what to do with a boarding pass.
Archery Range - I think I am missing something here as shooting arrows is not doing anything. Should I talk to the rat and make him vanish? I haven't wanted to do that in case it broke the quest.

Edit - I'm ok on this now - the recipes are incomplete but once I guessed the missing item mithril ore did indeed work.
Mithril Rock - Needed for Dwarven armour - I have lots of mithril ore but they don't work. Where are mithril rocks?

Moonstone - hint on where to look?

Gem of the Architect - I handed it to the dwarf forgemaster who told me now I can enchant armour but he didn't tell me how to do it.

Pirate Base - "the more it grows the less you see" - I have tried a Dark Bomb, Star Bomb, Fire Bomb, Torch - I'm thinking the answer is Light or Dark - can't find the right item yet though.

Any help appreciated if someone has the time to reply!
Last edited by Polixenes on Tue May 30, 2023 3:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
olavimuff.ee

Post by olavimuff.ee »

bongobeat wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:12 am About the save crash, this will get better in the next version, until then, you got probably 2k-3k objects from fireball_blast or poison_bolt_blast from goromorg and ugguardian, that are always saved.
I got very serious issue with gamesave crash. I have set the lowest display settings and it didnt help much and world was awful with that look.
I have created script which played sound when memory usage reached 2900MB and then I have few moments to save game, but I ended up in the situation when I got alert as soon I logged into game. I have reached to the jungle.

BUT ... I found some kind of solution for it. Idk is it solution but I decided to open my savegame with save editor and I noticed that area map named "RedWood Mine Level 2" took the most space in my save game. Since I got all secrets from this area I decided to remove this area from my savegame. On the picture below I deleted all content including this line from savegame. After that my memory usage decreased from 2900 to 2100 and I can play well.

What can happen later after I deleted this content?

Anyway, I give all my stars for this mod. Its very well polished and its very different from main gameplay of LOG2. I like that. Only these walkpassing walls are not my favourite part of any game ...
olavimuff.ee

Post by olavimuff.ee »

So beautiful ...