Resident Grimrock

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Khollik

Re: Resident Grimrock

Post by Khollik »

Hi again,

I'm sorry I feel stupid (and getting blind :shock: :shock: ) right now not finding it. Is it near the demon head ???
lostsol

Post by lostsol »

Hello again Khollik,

I posted a reply to you above, but reading over some of your comments has got me scratching my head a little bit. There may be some more bugs I have to work out.

Question for you:
SpoilerShow
I have assumed you are playing as Shayla, the Occultist, if this is true you should not have found a Chitin Helmet at all as this is gear for the other Champion.

You mentioned you have the green gem, while this is possible, the clue to obtain it is not found until later on, where did you find it and did you have the clue for it?

Also you wrote that you have 5 figurines, I'm pretty sure that should not be possible either, I'll have to dive back into the mod to see. Do you recall where you found them?
Thanks
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

Actually no, I'm playing Rynulf.
SpoilerShow
I'm pretty sure I got the green gem behind the moon or the sun door (can't remember which one). But the fact is I didn't understand how I managed to open those doors. I guessed it was because I had the timepiece and at the right moment of the day/night cycle.
As for the figurines, I can remind I found the skeleton in eastern part of the client housing, behind a portcullis which opened thanks to the "flickering" demon head (nice puzzle, btw). I'm sorry but I didn't keep track of the other ones so I'm not surely exactly where I found them, but I swear I didn't use the console ;)).
Is that helping you? Maybe there is no bug here and I'm just missing something obvious...

Cheers
lostsol

Post by lostsol »

Ok, knowing you are playing Rynulf solves a few issues, I gave you wrong info on the location of the mask:
SpoilerShow
Sorry for the confusion, as Rynulf, the mask is in the Crypt, in the first room you enter when you used the rope in the Cemetery. Again, it is laying on the ground and very hard to see.

Playing as Rynulf answered my questions about the helmet and figurines. The green gem is still a mystery, but it is possible to obtain. But now my question is what was the first boss fight you faced? The boss fights are different and you wrote that you faced Malomon, that boss is for the other Champion.
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

YEAH got it!! Thanks a lot.
SpoilerShow
Sorry I failed to mention I'm playing Rynulf, but now I remember: I didn't face Malomon, I found its corpse in the basement right after the fight with the "mad" patients (the zombies). Sorry for all the confusion, I took a long time between two different game sessions and can't remind the beginning of the mod :|
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

Hello again Iostsol

I love your mod but maybe your puzzles are too hard for me: I'm stuck again in the laboratory :?.
SpoilerShow
I reached the lab and managed to enter the "office" (with the bookshelves, tables and altar) where I found the first laboratory key with which I opened the top-east iron door. I also managed to grab the "youth" book and the second laboratory key thanks to the pushable blocks which open the top-west iron door.
Now I'm stuck and can't figure out how to open the two other iron doors (bottom-west and bottom-east). I'm guessing that's something to do with the lever behind the portcullis in the glyph room. I tried many things, including reorder the pushable blocks according to the glyphs but it didn't work.

Any clue here???

Thanks!

Khollik
lostsol

Post by lostsol »

Hi Khollik,

Here are some clues for those doors:
SpoilerShow
You will have to return to the Gardens. You will need to do something with the book pedestal. There is also a clue for one of the doors in this area. I plan on making these clues a little more obvious in a future update.
Thanks !
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

i am very stuck in the castle i defeat the first boss (a lot of zombie,s) one have a gold key but the goldkey does nof fit in the only gold lock i see upstairs in the same area i see a button and nothing happens when i press it..
ans the time puzzle with the sun and moon door and the backdoor to the garden where can i find a timepiece?

and are there secret buttons? so i can safe my eyes for staring hours and hours along all the walls..
lostsol

Post by lostsol »

Hello hansbleeb,

I used a different key for use in the gold locks, the gold keys will opens locks on forcefields that you will see later in the game.

There are only a few secret buttons, and none of them will prevent progress.

Here is what you should do next,
Hint:
SpoilerShow
You will want to find a way to get the torch from the room on the west side of the Keep 1st Floor. With the torch you will be able to access a new area.
Solution:
SpoilerShow
There is a room on the Keep 2nd Floor that is opened with the Cup key. inside is the bone staff item (skull staff? I forget what I called it). This staff can replace the torch that is back on the Keep 1st Floor, west side of map. With the torch, you can open the door that is just south of the room where you get the torch.
Thanks
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

Where can I find the rope?