Freedom or Death

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
hansbleeb

Re: Freedom or Death

Post by hansbleeb »

ok the end boss is to strong i let him live.. i have no intrest to defeat him for only an end title.. so i let always the endbosses live in every game..
Badgert

Post by Badgert »

Thank you for playing! I hope you liked the mod.
matuto

Post by matuto »

Hi Badgert. I finished your mod. Thanks for the hints. Very nice work. Congratulations. Just one thing: where is the lonely oak ? I got tired of digging near every different or hollow tree and went ahead. The fact didn't blocked me but I am curious. Thanks again and advise about the next and certainly good mod.
Badgert

Post by Badgert »

matuto wrote:Just one thing: where is the lonely oak ?
SpoilerShow
Lonely Oak in the Lands of undead. The only tree around which you can get around on all sides.
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

Hi Badgert

Just finished your mod too (in 15 hours or so)!

94/97 secrets
13/15 epic items
4/7 treasures

Nice work indeed. The "last frontier" map is quite beautiful and I had great fun in the maze of the dragons and the ogre fortress. And it's always pleasant to finish the game with so strong characters :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

If I am allowed to make a couple of comments, I have to admit that the puzzles and other riddles are a little to easy for me (some would say those in my own mod are maybe to hard :mrgreen:). I like to have my mind boggled and that's what I like in LOG compared to other dungeon crawlers games. And I also have to admit I found some doublebacks quite tedious. Having to cross all your way back through a couple of maps just to go outside after killing the inquisitors can be quite annoying. Surely those men have a teleport or a shortcut to go quickly out of their home :roll:

Again, I'm just sharing my experience of your great mod, not trying to criticize or upset you :oops:

And I don't know if it's a bug or if it's intentional but:
SpoilerShow
In the Last frontier, you can't down to the ground level when you climb the first ladder of the Eagle Nest. I guess once you opened it, you are supposed to go straight to the battle, but in my case, I reached the last door, guessed it was the last stand and remember "Hey what about that Dragon Library? I should check that again", but couldn't get down and I had to reload... Maybe you want to check the elevation at this place? Or maybe it's on purpose?
Cheers
Khollik
Badgert

Post by Badgert »

Thanks for your feedback. If I'm going to make a new version, then I'll take into account your suggestions.
Easy puzzles - it's all my fault. I do not know how to make complex puzzles ...
gylippos

Post by gylippos »

Thanks for this. It is mostly within my limited grimrock skills. I am having trouble however. I don't have any of the notes about fireflies and therefore don't know where to dig for the trigger to the force field containing the compass. Back underground I didn't get into the archives room, and left it thinking that it would be like the captains room and the key would be above. Was this a mistake.? Should I have persevered down there? Help please.
Badgert

Post by Badgert »

gylippos wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:59 am I am having trouble however. I don't have any of the notes about fireflies and therefore don't know where to dig for the trigger to the force field containing the compass. Back underground I didn't get into the archives room, and left it thinking that it would be like the captains room and the key would be above. Was this a mistake.? Should I have persevered down there? Help please.
Fireflies you find in the castle garden, open the gate and look around carefully.
The archives hall is made for the atmosphere in the underground - you cannot get there.
gylippos

Post by gylippos »

I had seen the fireflies and wondered what they were indicating. So now I have the letter, but the force field stubbornly refuses to drop, even though the door has opened. Someone mentioned a further note saying the fireflies know. I don't have this. Is it the necessary precondition to accessing the castle? If so is it still possible to find it?
Badgert

Post by Badgert »

Find a way to approach the healing crystal and inspect carefully the walls around it.