[MOD] Eternal Recurrence 1.3

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
zimberzimber

Re: [MOD] Eternal Recurrence - preview

Post by zimberzimber »

May I suggest making the rain particle use lines instead of droplets?
My asset pack [v1.10]
Features a bit of everything! :D
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

Hello

Thanks for creating the mod, when I first first start the mod there are an additional four bars to drop items on, they are not movable.

1024x768 they in the proper location on the sides of the players panel

3840x2160 Alignment issue, the player panel is about 2/1 inches in width. On the right side length wise the bar is on the right sides players hands. Height Wise the bar is double the height of the player panel. On the left side the player panel is ruffly 7 inches to the left toward the center of the screen. Height wise double the height of the player panel.
Last edited by RacerX on Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AndakRainor

Re: [MOD] Eternal Recurrence - preview (W.I.P.)

Post by AndakRainor »

Slayer82 wrote:Hi, Andak.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there is still a save game issue when I attempt to load the game; it crashes every time.

It's unfortunate, because it's really a fun mod to play. Although the castle pressure plates that drop you into inescapable water aren't fun.

I like the different levels that have a them like the forest, castle, Vanblam forest etc.

You have fixed a lot of other issues, which is really good. It must have taken you so long to write all of the scripts for this mod.
I eagerly wait the upcoming fix.

Cheers!
What error do you get in the crash? I guess it could be an out of memory error? As this is a work in progress, I did not clean the imports from all unused objects and textures, as I still need them to work and look at what I can add to the generated maps, and I imported quite a lot of custom assets, except the dungeon master one, the readme says it's already too big alone ;p. (But I could make some more clever imports "soon" to cut them from the builds when I share it with you). If this is really a memory error then a good tip on windows (mac players don't have this problem) is to patch the game to get more memory space: http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php
Or you can reduce textures quality in the option menu (but it's a little sad!).

The castle pressure plate is obviously a bug! I forgot to edit it with a platform component (all floors need them as I can't use elevation in the editor with generated content). It will be corrected next week, and I also found I forgot it for the under dungeon tile set from VB.

Well it's good to get your feedback, believe me with random content testing is the most time consuming part :o. That's also why I wanted to share it as a work in progress here before publishing it officially!

@Zim: yeah could be better for the rain. I am also not a fan of how blue it is... I just use the particle texture from the winter tile set now. Do you have a better texture to suggest ?

@RacerX: Never tried a resolution this high! Can you post a screenshot of the problem ?
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

I don't know how to upload a screenshot. I could send a email of the pic if you you prefer...
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Both Grimrock games will inherently write screenshot images to the Windows clipboard when the 'print screen' key is pressed; [aka, "Prt Scr" key].

Once on the clipboard, the screenshot can be pasted into MS-Paint, or any other image editor, and saved to disk.

(This works for one image at a time.)
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

Thanks, I took the picture the pic with my tablet
AndakRainor

Post by AndakRainor »

Not sure I can make it compatible with all possible screen size... At least I don't have this resolution available at home to work on it. Maybe I will add some small buttons on top of the two columns to move and resize them. But that won't fix the other custom GUI elements I use
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

I'd be happy to help test if you need it.

Scope of resolutions affected

3840x2160
2560x1600
1600x1200
1280x1024
1280x960
1152x864