[MOD] Eternal Recurrence 1.3

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
RacerX

Re: [MOD] Eternal Recurrence - preview (W.I.P.)

Post by RacerX »

Did a little exploring at 1080p, Testing stock characters created by the mod.
SpoilerShow
1st try 5 levels through the Forest (aka the Sarah Desert of fresh water) (N, S,W). Party died from thirst.

2nd exploration searching forest for (Zarchton Harpoon, water flasks). Discouraged detoured into the tomb theme underground, saved the game. Half of party dead from thirst. lst level to the SW underground opened a gate and ran into a rattling with the gun there was a knight behind him long straight corridor. The game finished, I tried to go back, GPF error when Grimrock launchs.

3rd try, different path 6 levels straight down castle, lots of stone then to rock walls, plenty of water, saved each level very smooth. But still using torches. Spirt Staff shows up on two consecutive levels.

Next day performed regression test. When I saved the game the characters had reached Level 6 going down through the castle, stone, and rock levels, straight down never had any problems saving. However, when tested each restore was corrupted the entire time underground. The only restore left that restores properly are when the characters were level 2 above ground.

Here is the message that occurs

The Grimrock fountain for water would be something that should be considered. Would it be possible to attach a different number or letter for each area for descriptive purposes?
AndakRainor

Post by AndakRainor »

New build available!

https://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimr ... ?tab=files > Miscellaneous files > Eternal Recurrence

Changes for this week:
- Water tiles added to underground maps.
- Still working on fixing the 2 crashes found so far: the problem with chests mysteriously referencing items that never were into them is still there. The other crash I only had once and did not get much details on it sadly. This week with Zimberzimber suggestion about managing spawned objects ids I should get closer to a solution.
- Added a cold/warm bar next to characters portraits to let you see how your resistance to weather evolves.
- Improved the starting items selection.
- Maps now have names based on their theme.
- Fixed compatibility with all screen resolutions (at least the ones I have!).

@RacerX: Just for info, you are not supposed to get enough water to drink by looting water flasks, but you are supposed to replenish empty flasks in front of water tiles, fountains or watering stations. Those last 2 are also clickable to make all your characters drink directly. I think for the next week I'll add a system to display random tips like that on (re)loading the game :)
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

Did some more exploring at 1080p, Build 2/18/2018,Testing stock characters created by the mod.
SpoilerShow
This time started in redwood forest. then went down a level to to Green Moss level (could not find any fresh water to drink though).
By the time I reached the next level down basic Grimrock stone walls two of my party where dead with thirst. I saved at the cube.
Then continued to search for fresh water, found some torches and my wizard was starting to die of thirst. Ended up in the boss fight and lost.

Once again when I I try to restore it crashes but the error is different

Did another test started out in Savanna (no fresh water there so far)
Then moved Down a level to Green Moss level again. Took care of a few then saved at the cube. Exited to see what would happen.
Sure enough the restore is corrupted with the same error.

Also the only fresh water I have found so far are the troughs (that look like for horses) in the underground stone wall levels and the tomb level, and the flasks that exist in the forest....
AndakRainor

Post by AndakRainor »

New build available!

https://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimr ... ?tab=files > Miscellaneous files > Eternal Recurrence

Quick fix:
- loading the game should no longer crash when an underground map is opened like the moss cave.
AndakRainor

Post by AndakRainor »

New build available!

Changes for this week:
- Several new rooms for elemental armors loots.
- Random starting location now include underground maps.
- Random tip shown on loading the game.

Still working on fixing 1 crash: something about the first gold key in the first map on a forest_stone_pedestal is referenced by a chest. It seems to only occur in the winter theme maps. So be warned, if you reach a winter map, try to make a separate save ;)

@RacerX: how are the screen resolutions going on your computer now?
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

A Pleasant Surprise (3840x2160) looks great!!!

Thanks
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Hey, Andak.

I'm really enjoying the mod.
Finally, it doesn't crash (I'm using the 20th of February build), which is nice.

I'm not having any issues, but was wondering how you acquire the magical items such as the glittering boots, capes, swords etc. that are near the pressure plates.
I don't want a solution, but rather some semblance of what may be required.

Alright, back to the mod.
Cheers!
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
AndakRainor

Post by AndakRainor »

This room is about casting the right spell while on the pressure plate :)
Many new alternative rooms to this one have been added (for spell casting) in the last build!
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

This room is about casting the right spell while on the pressure plate :)
Many new alternative rooms to this one have been added (for spell casting) in the last build!
I thought so, but I gave up as I thought I was wrong.

Thanks for the excellent work you've been doing with this mod - it's really fun.

:)
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

Thanks for sharing that I couldn't figure out that one, there everywhere. I like the whole idea of getting a chance to try out all the different spells (learn them), it does waste food though for the farmer.