[MOD] Eternal Recurrence 1.3

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
hansbleeb

Re: [MOD] Eternal Recurrence 1.3

Post by hansbleeb »

and the big chrystal balls with the spikes around?? are that teleporters? nd how must they activated?
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

i have played a several tomb levels forgotten fortress and a dungeon and now the game crashes by every try to safe.. quicksafe, crystal save and save by name...
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

Try to save your game with the 4 GB patch applied, to check if the application is running out of memory.
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

i downloaded the patch but how to install??
with the graphics on minimum its better now
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

some maps are loading ramdom!! the exits in the town are somertimes a other town map.. or autumn / hounted forest i see that also in the tomb, fortress and dungeon levels... and some maps i play earlier are disappeard.. or the crates are closed again,..
iby statistics i see that i have visit 18 from the 16 levels.. ??
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

By getting around it by reducing graphics, it's clear that grimrock2.exe was running out of allocated memory.

In my Blood Moon topic I explained how to apply it depending which release you have:

Basically you start the patch and then select grimrock2.exe

"I was investigating why some people can't run the 4 GB ntcore patch.

the patch works perfectly fine on GoG release of LoG2. It's like 5 seconds work.

If you have the steam version: here is the solution:

It seems Steam has been playing a trick on me here. Although I directly(!) started the patched EXE my Steam Client must have somehow switched over/back to the regular EXE and run it instead. In a second attempt i moved the original away, renamed the patched EXE to grimrock2.exe to prevent Steam pulling another one on me and up until now it seems good. I've seen 1.8GB in use yet but no more error message."
AndakRainor

Post by AndakRainor »

hansbleeb wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:25 pm some maps are loading ramdom!! the exits in the town are somertimes a other town map.. or autumn / hounted forest i see that also in the tomb, fortress and dungeon levels... and some maps i play earlier are disappeard.. or the crates are closed again,..
iby statistics i see that i have visit 18 from the 16 levels.. ??
Yes the mod only remembers 16 maps, and closes access to recycled maps ^^
If you try to access them again by a new path, you'll get a new random map :)
From your feedback, 16 maps seems even still too much! I should reduce it again in the next update...
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

if 16 maps are to much where ends the game ?.. i didnt have all the quest armor pieces complete, i rescued only that missing person. and bring an essence of spiritually back,
i like the new spells, shops, pubs, monsters and the deepest dungeon ,autumn forest and the mosscave maps. i did,t visit the winter, desert and volcano maps all the maps have the same kind of strucrure, for things to do.. i do,nt know what to do with the big orbs with the spikes around it.. i looks like a sort of teleporter .
AndakRainor

Post by AndakRainor »

Well the game never ends, it's Eternal :)
If the town where you picked a quest disappears, don't worry, the quest will be available in the next town you visit !
Good point on the same structure of the maps. It's true that the main difference between them is flavor. I could introduce some radically different structures in a future update; I already implemented a true perfect maze building algorithm in another mod project, that could work wonders here. I just need to find how to handle the base elements of current maps in those mazes; healing crystal, boss room and ornate key, stairs. (the maze algorithm fills the map completely, maybe I could use elevation to insert those elements easily).

PS: the rooms with spikes and a big central orb are only trap rooms to test your speed! When they don't lead anywhere else, you can just ignore them :)
gylippos

Post by gylippos »

Hello,
I've played about 18 levels of this, including some deep dungeons. I like the way the monsters get more challenging as you go on. Given the structure you've gone for, it is not surprising that each level is basically the same as the others. I have no idea how you could make it recurring and not do this, so I am not critical.
I need a hint though. When you have an item locked by a receptor, with some runes that look like one of the mage spells, I have not been able to work out how to trigger the receptor. I'm looking at one that has two runes that look like they want the mage fever armour spell, but this doesn't do the trick. Casting the spells for the individual runes is no good either. What does one do?