[Mod] The Lost Power of Nadric

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Khollik

[Mod] The Lost Power of Nadric

Post by Khollik »

Hi Everyone

After a few more tests of my mod, I think it's now ready to be shared with the community ;)

I hope you will have as much fun playing it as I have creating it. I tried to give it an "open world" vibe which might be a little bit confusing, that's why I added some more information and clues in the latest version (and hopefully the last one).
Since I'm quite new at modding and coding in LUA, and since English is not my native language, any feedback about the difficulty curve, the mispellings, the interest of the puzzles etc. would be really appreciated.

The lost Power of Nadric

War rages in the realm of Andralak! The evil sorcerer Gandolf unleashed his army and brought desolation on the country. As the king's heir, you decided to take arms with your companions to confront your foe. But the minions of Gandolf set an ambush, and now you must escape from the prisons where you're trapped...

Over 20 levels and 40 secrets.

7 to 10 hours.

Difficulty normal or hard (better starting with a fresh party).

Don't expect original assets but some tricky puzzles, nasty fights and hopefully good balance between exploration, combat and riddle solving.

As easter eggs, I also used references to popular movies, books or songs I grew up with. Some are obvious, some are less. It will get you no xp, no reward, just for the fun. Will you manage to find them all?

File available here:
https://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/97/?

Feedback warmly welcomed as it is my first mod.

WARNING: for those playing with imported party from another mods with customized traits or skills, please note that should cause game crash. Again, better to start with a new party or use AndakRainor Save Game Editor: https://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/74
Last edited by Khollik on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RacerX

Re: [Mod] The Lost Power of Nadric

Post by RacerX »

Thanks for taking the time to create this mod. It looks Intriguing. I'm looking forward to giving ti a try....
andyroosta

Post by andyroosta »

Thanks for making the mod from me too..i'll give it a go when i get chance...cheers!
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

Ok I did a little testing

During the first part of the game there is a gate that requires a Skull Key.
The Sign says "Warning Comdamned Area"
I think it supposed to be " Warning Condemned Area"

Next,
SpoilerShow
The Old Forest, the Old Burial Ground move along the stone wall and dig up the first grave, use the rope, then pickup the food, then through the wingate. Vanqiush the kinight and then stone gates open. Move to the second grave and dig it up. Nothing Found. Now move to the Third Grave,
Dig......... Then Hard Crash the game completely quits no error. I was able to reproduce this crash by saving before I did up the second grave.
RMariano

Post by RMariano »

RacerX wrote:Ok I did a little testing

During the first part of the game there is a gate that requires a Skull Key.
The Sign says "Warning Comdamned Area"
I think it supposed to be " Warning Condemned Area"

Next,
SpoilerShow
The Old Forest, the Old Burial Ground move along the stone wall and dig up the first grave, use the rope, then pickup the food, then through the wingate. Vanqiush the kinight and then stone gates open. Move to the second grave and dig it up. Nothing Found. Now move to the Third Grave,
Dig......... Then Hard Crash the game completely quits no error. I was able to reproduce this crash by saving before I did up the second grave.

I have the hard crashing too....
Regards,

RMariano
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

Hi RMariano
Hi RacerX

Thanks for the feedback. Sign corrected and bug fixed (it was a hook pointing twice to the same script and thus causing a duplicated ID).
SpoilerShow
You just won't be able to pick up a buckler in the third grave, but I'm sure you can survive without it ;)
Cheers
khollik
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

Thanks for your efforts, much appreciated

Another small one, perhaps

In the Haunted Village there is the a sign for the "Shrine of the Meteore"

When you go down by the gate, in the map also shows this title, but I think it''s "Shrine of the Meteor"
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

This is pretty neat mod. I've only had a chance to play a couple areas so far.

I have notes. ;)
SpoilerShow
The dungeon_wall_lanterns don't touch the dungeon walls, and several buttons overlap wall texts on the same walls
Object positions can be manually tweaked via the setWorldPosition() and setWorldRotation() functions; for instance, to force lanterns to touch the wall, or to shift cave-ins so that they don't clip; or to adjust the position of buttons and doors.

Twigroot AI for those in the brambles, should probably be made to switch on once they take damage; otherwise it is possible to attack some of them from behind, and them never see the party, so they never become active aggressors... they just take hits until they die.

@(1,27,1,8) Telefragged a knight while coming from (3,27,2,19)
@(14,25,2,8) Stairs down has its blank/black sides exposed and visible.
@(9,26,1,8) Grave causes repeatable crash when dug.
@(15,16,2,8) and (14,16,2,8) (on Lenny's Cliff) there are invisible walls where the ceiling is set to 1 instead of 2.
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

RacerX wrote:Thanks for your efforts, much appreciated

Another small one, perhaps

In the Haunted Village there is the a sign for the "Shrine of the Meteore"

When you go down by the gate, in the map also shows this title, but I think it''s "Shrine of the Meteor"
Hello again RacerX, it should be fixed very easily.
Isaac wrote:This is pretty neat mod. I've only had a chance to play a couple areas so far.

I have notes. ;)
Hello Isaac, I hope so :D
Regarding the dungeon wall lanterns, I did notice something while working on the mod, but wasn't sure there was a problem. I thought it was caused by my graphic card (or wathever). But that means that I should check... all the lanterns in my mod?!
I should also check the other stuff you noted (tonight if I have time). Since these minor issues don't prevent playing the mod, I will wait for other feedback before uploading a new version of the mod.
At this time, I'm figuring out how assets work and how to create your own items and objects for a new dungeon.

Khollik
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

The grave @(9,26,1,8) causes a hard crash every time it's dug up; and can unexpectedly lose progress if the game wasn't saved.

It was your mod's size that I liked first, not just level count, but the upload size (>170kb) was the main reason I downloaded it to play. 8-)
Custom assets are like a double edged sword, they can make a mod stand out as new and interesting, but they can potentially bloat a mod by many—(to many hundred) megabytes; possibly unoptimized too.

If you are planning on making your own assets, then you will first want the official asset pack, and the link to the updated scripting reference; also the GMT & GGAT editors by Dr. John Wordsworth. ...And later you will probably want bitcopy's import/export script for Blender; if you start learning Blender for making custom model & animation assets viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8086

*With Blender it is very possible to make new assets that incorporate the default game materials, sounds, and even unchanged models, such that none of those resources need be included in the mod upload... just referenced in the object definitions; as everyone's copy of the game already has them. 8-)