Exellion : Chronicles of the Grim Reaper

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
RacerX

Re: Exellion : Chronicles of the Grim Reaper

Post by RacerX »

Hi

I tried this mod out in the spring but didn't have time to really test it out. Just recently I started a new party and gave it a test.

Right now I have 2 power gems and the fire and earth elemental. I have visited 10 of 17 levels. I put two gold keys in the base. I need 2 more.

At the River of Thoughts
SpoilerShow
Solved the pressure plate puzzle and that led to the elemental room. After taking care of things I read the message. It says to go back the the River of Thoughts and send the spell into the portal and when I send a firebalI, the message "Unknown Voice: feeding the elemental arcanic fire" Can you explain this message it's sorta vauge. I'm not sure what to do?
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

I did the Rat specimen area earlier and somehow got a secret chime inside the specimen pen. I am unable to recreate this secret now as I have returned to the specimen lair. I read the note about making the overlord show up but now that note is a empty note as I left it by Xeloz.
martigan

Post by martigan »

The game crash when i try to start exellion mod. That message appear :
=== Software Failure ===

mod_assets/scripts/spellscustom.lua:412: attempt to call global 'defineCondition' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
mod_assets/scripts/spellscustom.lua:412: in main chunk
[string "Dungeon.lua"]: in function 'import'
mod_assets/scripts/init.lua:25: in main chunk
[string "Dungeon.lua"]: in function 'loadInitFile'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'loadDungeon'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'newGame'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk

I try to reinstall and redownload. But it doest work. Can anyone tell me what to do ?
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

Don't import parties, always start a NEW party
martigan

Post by martigan »

I never try to import character. I'm on a fresh installation of the game. Grimrock start with no problem. But Exellion crash on the loading screen.
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

Make sure you have updated legend of grimrock 2 to latest version 2.2.4

Lower all graphics options to lowest, see if the mod starts.

If it does start with lowest graphics settings, then you need to install the ntcore patch to play the mod on high graphics settings,
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

martigan wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:44 pm The game crash when i try to start exellion mod. That message appear :
=== Software Failure ===

mod_assets/scripts/spellscustom.lua:412: attempt to call global 'defineCondition' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
mod_assets/scripts/spellscustom.lua:412: in main chunk
[string "Dungeon.lua"]: in function 'import'
mod_assets/scripts/init.lua:25: in main chunk
[string "Dungeon.lua"]: in function 'loadInitFile'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'loadDungeon'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'newGame'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk

I try to reinstall and redownload. But it doest work. Can anyone tell me what to do ?
Possible reason & solution:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=12816&p=105197#p105197
fatrem

Post by fatrem »

Hi, I've finished your mod. Great great job. I leave you little world with regrets !
Lightangels

Post by Lightangels »

Hello ! First of all congratulations for this great mod ! and sorry for my bad english.

I played now 4 hours, and im finally stuck, i clear the mine and ratling bosses, meet the lady of water and killed arkanian, got the two water essence, meet the golem and got a fire essence, i have 3 powers gems, and i dont know where to go and where use thoses items : Spirit crook,City of the dead key, Skull key and ice figurine....

A hint or help would be appreciated thanks you very much
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

The creator of this nice little mod doesn't come online much, (it's been 9 months) but I do believe he will get a notification if you send him a private message. Otherwise I'm afraid you will be waiting long for an answer.

And it has been a long while since I played this mod myself. So I can't really tell you. Sometimes you just need to backtrack or go talk to the white rat npc to progress to the next stage. Or offer items to npc's. Manually drag items to npc's, don't use the sell option. The figurines are offered to the talking skeleton commander if I remember properly. The fact that you haven't found the Ogre figurine yet, basically says it all. That little fellow can be found on the very first map you start out and requires nothing but simply killing the ogre. Check your maps more carefully and navigate through foliage.

And I think if I remember correctly, the power gems can be placed on altars and alcoves. Every time you encounter an altar or an alcove, just place a power gem on it in case it needs one. They are also actually currency to upgrade weapons and armor if you find the blacksmiths.

The skull key is actually used in the same teleport maze where you found it I believe.

The mod isn't hard progression-wise. And it doesn't really have "impossible to find" progression blockers. I finished it completely without any help/spoiIers or hints needed. I would suggest to look at your maps very closely to check which parts you haven't explored yet. That should probably put you in the right direction.

And read about tips/spoilers in this topic. You should find your way about :)