Exellion : Chronicles of the Grim Reaper

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Lightangels

Re: Exellion : Chronicles of the Grim Reaper

Post by Lightangels »

Pompidom wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:23 pm The creator of this nice little mod doesn't come online much, (it's been 9 months) but I do believe he will get a notification if you send him a private message. Otherwise I'm afraid you will be waiting long for an answer.

And it has been a long while since I played this mod myself. So I can't really tell you. Sometimes you just need to backtrack or go talk to the white rat npc to progress to the next stage. Or offer items to npc's. Manually drag items to npc's, don't use the sell option. The figurines are offered to the talking skeleton commander if I remember properly. The fact that you haven't found the Ogre figurine yet, basically says it all. That little fellow can be found on the very first map you start out and requires nothing but simply killing the ogre. Check your maps more carefully and navigate through foliage.

And I think if I remember correctly, the power gems can be placed on altars and alcoves. Every time you encounter an altar or an alcove, just place a power gem on it in case it needs one. They are also actually currency to upgrade weapons and armor if you find the blacksmiths.

The skull key is actually used in the same teleport maze where you found it I believe.

The mod isn't hard progression-wise. And it doesn't really have "impossible to find" progression blockers. I finished it completely without any help/spoiIers or hints needed. I would suggest to look at your maps very closely to check which parts you haven't explored yet. That should probably put you in the right direction.

And read about tips/spoilers in this topic. You should find your way about :)
Thanks you Pompidom, well finally i manage to end the game without use all of this stuff lol, what a great mod, the best one just after eye of atlantis
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

It's a very nice mod indeed :)
And both atlantis and exellion have been an inspiration for the mod I'm making myself.
Vandalar

Post by Vandalar »

*Jaws brokes*
Wait.. what… people are still playing my mod ?!

I don't come often on the forum, but sending me a private message is a good way to reach me.

Warning : Spoilers

@lightAngels
Skull key : Can be used to open the door in the teleporter maze, so you can meet a very helpful npc. This npc has a quest of his own, asking you to retreive some figurines….
Congratulation on getting the City of the Dead key. It will be useful in the well of souls (city of the Dead).
The power gems can be used with the two golem Armorsmith and Weaponssmith, to enhance your weapons/armor. Be careful, some puzzle require a power gem to use.
I'm not exactly sure what you discovered yet, but most of the mod is "optional", so you can reach the city of the dead without fighting all the optionals bosses.
Regards,
gylippos

Post by gylippos »

I just finished this and I have to say it is one of the most enjoyable mods around. I had my first go with an imported party and after the crashes started afresh and am glad that that is the way it was set up. The puzzles were solvable and severe blocks were few. Thanks for this.
Kirill

Post by Kirill »

Vandalar wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:53 pm Difficulty : easy for veterans, medium for newcomers
Really dislike when mod creators do this.

Mods are mostly played by veterans, casual crowd rarely finish main game itself and is certainly rarely looking at mods to get more experience with the game. So why make easy mod for veterans, to make them bored? Some people motivations are hard to read.