The Allure of Nightfall - Version 1.1

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
andyroosta

Re: The Allure of Nightfall - Version 1.1

Post by andyroosta »

Thanks very much..will be trying this one at the weekend..cheers.
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

Hi there,

First, thanks Slayer82 for your great mod! I started it a few days ago and I'm quite impressed by the quality and the richness of your maps. There are so many details in it that it's a really pleasure just to roam around. Haven't found yet the treasure near the "deciduous trees", though :evil: (but found a few mispellings if you consider another patch in the near future).

I'm also struggling with some of the puzzles in Artak's Abyss, but I still have some levels to explore before being completely stuck. Right now I'm in the Crypt of Eternal Slumber... :shock:

Just a quick question about a possible bug: I can't launch the forcefield spell. My wizard is waaaay overskilled for it and I have the requirements :mrgreen: , but it only fizzles. Did you change the pattern ? All other built-in spells seem to work. It's quite annoying before forcefield is my number one spell (along with light) and it makes some battles a bit more challenging, like in the Outbreak.

Anyway, great job!

Cheers
Khollik
Moorsailor

Post by Moorsailor »

Hi Slayer,
I don't know if you will ever read this, as it's a long time since the last post.
I have just completed the Isle of the Deranged, having completed Allure of Nightfall many months ago and I would like to add my thanks and praise to all the other happy mod players. These are the best two mods I have played, and I hope you may create more in the future.
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Hey, man.

Thank you for the feedback and praises - they mean a lot.
I had issues with adding an ending to The Allure of Nightfall, plus I need to do a few minor edits, but it's still a complete mod.
I worked pretty hard on both mods, just as other modders did with theirs.
To be honest, Almost Human and the other modders deserve thanks for making my mods possible.

The community here is excellent, but I rarely use these forums as life just gets too busy now.

I'm sure that Almost Human will make Legend of Grimrock 3 with modding capability, and the community will grow again.

Have a good one.
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
Kirill

Post by Kirill »

There is so much content in first map.
I am surprised a lot.
And nice challenging fights, just barely won vs Earth wizard (had to use 2 bombs). So good, fun fight.

Did other maps have so much content as first one?
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Hey, Kirill.

I don't visit these forums very much anymore, but I try when I can.
I made the first map more robust as it is a hub world: an area where you can return many times to access other areas.
Yeah, the Earth Wizard is a tough battle if you are unprepared.
I'm glad you like the mod so far.
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762