[MOD] Lost City

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
RacerX

Re: [MOD] Lost City

Post by RacerX »

Hello

I downloaded that program last week but I was unsure about it so I stopped (didn't want to mess it up)

When you load up a saved game and it shows the listing I think the 7th or 8th item which was the wizard. In the menu i see the option it gave
but I didn't know the scope of what it would do. Also when you save the change how do you get it to appear in the load programs list?

Thanks
Adrageron

Post by Adrageron »

RacerX wrote: When I have my wizard launchs the Merklands Underwater Breathing Spell it completely crashes the mod
Hi!
Just checked the spell, it works fine, so for now I don't know how to reproduce the bug to fix it :roll: Are you use new party or exported one? How much members in your party? Is anyone dead?
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

Hi

I brought a different group into Lost City. It took a while to get back to test Water Breathing, this time it worked.

Thanks
AndakRainor

Post by AndakRainor »

The best practice is to use the tool to clean undefined traits before starting the new mod.

If you create a new file with the tool, you should not have to worry about doing something funny.

In the menu the option to clear non vanilla traits and spells does exactly that, so yes it could remove something the mod author defined if you use it in the middle of your game. Or you can remove them manually from your wizard, but then the best thing to do would be to compare the traits you see in your save with the traits in the traits tab in game, and avoid removing the ones that appear there.

PS: to have the new save appear in the list in the game menu, you have to name it like other saves in your save files directory, and just give it the next number that is not used yet.
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

Hi

Unfortunately the only time I know I'm touched by it is when it crashes with the offbeat spell. I changed design direction a while back to switch to Battle Mages and not use a wizard. I had a lot of success but I was touched by it. Before this time I was not touched by it from what I can tell. The off the beaten path spells are a red hearing, Dark Bolt, some of the Protection spells, Water Breathing. Thanks for explaining how the save function works. The tool seems pretty aggressive for me.

Thanks
Adrageron

Post by Adrageron »

I thought that the update 1.6 would be the last one, but something went terribly wrong, and update 1.7 turned out really massive :?
- Fixed some bugs, exploits, visual and grammatical errors
- Modified some puzzles (Dark Tower floor 3 must be a bit less confusing now)
- Added hints to the most unobvious secrets
- Modified parameters of some items, no more different gear with same stats
- Added 2 new spells, now earth school is not as pathetic as before
- Many locations are refined and expanded
- Added dozens of new secrets, some new puzzles, treasures, traps and monsters
- Added a new boss
- Added a new ending, very different from the rest
As a result, now the player has more tools and opportunities for the successful completion of the mod.
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

Looking forward to checking out Lost City 1.7

Thanks
Adrageron

Post by Adrageron »

RacerX wrote:Looking forward to checking out Lost City 1.7
Have a nice adventure! ;)
Adrageron

Post by Adrageron »

Version 1.9 is online.
It brings some bugfixes, level improvements and new secrets.