Fate of Kingdom

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
FrEEsiD

saves crashs

Post by FrEEsiD »

hi badgert, I like your mods and I would like to see more, but the saves crash too often ... No problem with other mods ... you have a solution? I have the last log2 maj (24) a i7 4790k, 16GB and gtx980ti ... full graphical options in 1920/1080 windowed.
Thank you or not;)
Badgert

Re: Fate of Kingdom

Post by Badgert »

Set the texture settings to medium and the crash will stop.
FrEEsiD

Post by FrEEsiD »

Thank you for your quick answer,
but the question is why with your mod and not the others? My question is oriented to find the real problem in order to solve it without having to lower the graphics because it is really less beautiful (more blur) in medium ....
For example I noticed that with the autosaves of crystal it almost did not crush (in memory) in the mines, anyway ...
So what is this problem? Size of the mods / saves, the wallsets of the community? .. If this is the size of the mod, cut it in 2 parts and we import the team ... in the second part ...
Thank you @ +
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

FrEEsiD wrote:So what is this problem? Size of the mods / saves, the wallsets of the community? .. If this is the size of the mod, cut it in 2 parts and we import the team ... in the second part ...
I haven't played this mod but the symptoms sound all too familiar. Quite a few large or custom asset heavy LoG2 mods face this issue and the origin is simple: these mods require more memory than the game's 32bit engine of the windows version can provide.

Yet here is a fix and an explanation what to do: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7900&start=700#p115969
Badgert

Post by Badgert »

FrEEsiD wrote:Thank you for your quick answer,
but the question is why with your mod and not the others?
I do not know the exact answer, I have only a small suspicion.
In this mod, a "Asian style dungeon tileset" is used and there are problems with saving.
In other modes I have not used this tileset and there are no problems with saving them.
Coincidence?
FrEEsiD

Post by FrEEsiD »

Thanks,
@DrDisaster:
It is obvious that it is related to memory addressing and thank you for the topic with the trick 4gb, for skyrim there had been the same stuff, once ... The thing is why it does not always crash? Example, the level1 without having anything else explores that crash already ... So where the game saves all the levels / obj and it should have the same effects all the time, or if it saves only what is explored it's not a size ... but has a script or other definitions .... Maybe my logic is not good ;)

@Badgert:
For the asian tileset, it is not force that it is the cause, because perhaps another tleset will overflow the use memory also ...
Should be seen from the side of the definitions of asian tileset ...
Well, in the meantime I will test 4gb patch or change the resolution before saving ;)
Ps: sorry for my bullshit to cut the mods in 2, we could not go back to the previous level ... I'm tired ;)
@+
kelly1111

Post by kelly1111 »

Maybe. Bad use of minimall savestate (objects) ?

Curious. Badgert. What size is your mod assets folder ? / how many tilesets have you used?

And did you make your own custom standard assets folder?... you can exclude the things from the base game you dont need... for instance of you dint use the timb wallset... you can make it so it wint load it. This can save space

I started out addi g all sorts of tilesets and having the same problem. Now I am adding only what I need. For instance using rock textures acros tilesets ...as to not use more than 1 when it is not needed... same for other stuff....or models I dont use... sounds...etc
Went from 800 mb to 300 mb at the moment. Mod assets size.

Now I dont know if this helps. ... say if you still put over 30000 objects in your mod ... ???

A while back I asked the same question. Memory problems... and minmay gave an indepth explanation on it. Look it up
Badgert

Post by Badgert »

kelly1111 wrote:Curious. Badgert. What size is your mod assets folder ? / how many tilesets have you used?
I'm not a programmer and I do not understand what you're asking.
The size of the mod folder is 307MB
The following sets of textures were used:

"Asian style dungeon-35-1-0"
"ball-chain-trap"
"breakable_walls"
"dow_ghost_09"
"MinAssets 1.2.0-19-1-2-0"
"northern_dungeon_log2"
"palm_tree"
"Pendulum"
"The Winter Tileset - Source-29-1-0"
"Vanblam Utility Set 1 v1.2-80-1-2"

Everything I did on the instructions of this topic - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=7055
FrEEsiD

Post by FrEEsiD »

Hello all,
With 4gb patch, no crashs with saves ;)
But, if you are a problem with the patch, no stress ;)
For noob :
0) save your original grimrock2.exe... copy and rename it ORIgrimrock2.exe
1) patch the grimrock2.exe... if you have an error "could'nt open executable", the patch created a grimrock2.exe.backup (don't sup this), close the patch.
2) restart the patch by targeting grimrock2.exe.backup... clic OK ;)
3) rename the grimrock2.exe.backup in grimrock2.exe
4) that work ;)
Thanks
@+
gylippos

Post by gylippos »

This is a very enjoyable and very big mod. I have been stopped in a number of places, but the one that I would like to ask about is in the river city ruins. There is an instruction to get rid of junk and a nearby altar on which I have placed everything i could think of as junk, including the contents of the 6 chest in the same ruins. I am expecting this to open the spear gate nearby, but it doesn't. Do I just have the wrong junk, or does it not open that gate?
I hope you still look in on this discussion to help mugs like me, but I see that the last activity was a long time ago.