[MOD] Journey To Justice v2.1

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
THOM

Re: [MOD] Journey To Justice v1.1

Post by THOM »

Rinpoo wrote:It looks good to me so far,
To me, too.
Rinpoo wrote:As a side note, I notice a slight beginning of a pathway to the right of the 5 chests, I am not sure if I am crazy but I think it might open to a path to something, not sure though.
You are crazy. :mrgreen:
THOM formaly known as tschrage
Rinpoo

Post by Rinpoo »

Ah, I am back after a few more days of playing and have some more questions to ask concerning some of the new areas. I have a few save files for the different areas, so I can easily go back if I need to figure a secret out.

1. In the forest after the hub, what is the point of the flute that I found in the cave? At first I thought it might have something to do with the absurd amount of monsters spawning in the meadow, but they spawn too quickly and too many in number to test this. If it comes into play later you don't have to tell me, but I am not sure if it has to do with the forest or not.

2. In the caste I solved the entire 7 golden goblets puzzle, but am left over with a red gem and snail statue, are these to be used somewhere in this dungeon, or later on in the adventure?

3. In the swamp I found all of the buried treasure, and understand most of the map, except the marking that looks like a horned demon screaming by the candle on the map, is there something special about that marking that I am missing?

4. I notice in the swamp I appear to be cursed or something and my equipment keeps changing hands repeatedly, (which is really annoying to me.) Is there a way to stop this? Does it have anything to do with the witch or said marking on the map I discussed earlier?

5. To make ring on a string the witch asks for gold ore to produce the item, can this item be found in the swamp, or in the earlier stages of the levels that came before it? The stats on the item seem pretty over powered, so I am wondering if this is just a fools errand like the speed up charm the witch says she cannot make.

That is mostly it for the time being, until I think of something else. I do not mind reloading to get some of these secrets if i missed something, it has been quite a bit of fun secret and treasure hunting.
THOM

Post by THOM »

Good to see you are still playing. I like that a lot.
Rinpoo wrote:1. In the forest after the hub, what is the point of the flute that I found in the cave?
Well - maybe you have read something about it in the Archive of Wizardry: Can be used on special opponents...
Rinpoo wrote:2. In the caste I solved the entire 7 golden goblets puzzle, but am left over with a red gem and snail statue, are these to be used somewhere in this dungeon, or later on in the adventure?
find out by your own ;) (but don't go back only because of that.)
Rinpoo wrote:3. In the swamp I found all of the buried treasure, and understand most of the map, except the marking that looks like a horned demon screaming by the candle on the map, is there something special about that marking that I am missing?
There is something special about the candle and the meaning of it and the other items.
Rinpoo wrote:4. I notice in the swamp I appear to be cursed or something and my equipment keeps changing hands repeatedly, (which is really annoying to me.) Is there a way to stop this? Does it have anything to do with the witch or said marking on the map I discussed earlier?
It will end after a while... And your assumptions are right...
Rinpoo wrote:5. To make ring on a string the witch asks for gold ore to produce the item, can this item be found in the swamp, or in the earlier stages of the levels that came before it?
It's not a gold ore but a gold coin. And you were able to find it on a level before...

I don't know if you want to go back for any of that points. But if you are a complettist - go on. I'm awaiting your feedback.
Rinpoo

Post by Rinpoo »

THOM wrote:Good to see you are still playing. I like that a lot.
THOM wrote:Well - maybe you have read something about it in the Archive of Wizardry: Can be used on special opponents...
I completely forgot about those books, it was at least 2 weeks or more since I was that early in the game :D
THOM wrote:find out by your own ;) (but don't go back only because of that.)
I am taking by the way it is phrased that there is something to it in the castle. I will reload my save from then and mess about in there later then. I will ask more questions if I don't find anything. :lol:
THOM wrote:There is something special about the candle and the meaning of it and the other items.
I will mess around in the swamp then for a while.
THOM wrote:It will end after a while... And your assumptions are right...
I knew it! I must figure out what this means!
THOM wrote:It's not a gold ore but a gold coin. And you were able to find it on a level before...
I still have the gold coin and 18 silver coins I have collected, it must be a typo because in my game it says ore, the speed up party actions is the one that requires the coin, but when I give the witch the coin and the other items for the speed up actions she tells me she cannot make it today and thanks me for the gifts. The ring on a string lists it as 1 gold ore among other ingredients. Here is the picture from my game that shows that gold ore is required, not the coin. http://imgur.com/a/N2rMx
THOM wrote:I don't know if you want to go back for any of that points. But if you are a complettist - go on. I'm awaiting your feedback.
I am a completionist with this mod, because it is engaging and I like to find the treasures, particularly the new items you have hidden.

While waiting for your reply, I moved onto the ice palace in another save, and unfortunately I have a huge problem that is concerning to me at this point in the game. Whenever I kill the "boss" of the ice palace the game crashes every time I land the killing blow. I do not know what the error means, but I am concerned that I will not only lose all my progress, but won't be able to continue the rest of the mod.

If you have any insight to this please let me know. I will continue to fiddle around in my other saves to figure out the secrets, and hopefully this problem can be resolved by the time I am ready to go back there.

=== Software Failure ===

[string "Arch.lua"]:0: undefined object: ice_lizard_steak
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'error'
[string "Arch.lua"]: in function 'findArch'
[string "Arch.lua"]: in function 'spawn'
[string "Monster.lua"]: in function 'die'
[string "Monster.lua"]: in function 'damage'
[string "Combat.lua"]: in function 'damageTile'
[string "TileDamager.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateComponents'
[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateEntities'
[string "Dungeon.lua"]: in function 'updateLevels'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk
THOM

Post by THOM »

Upps! :shock:

I am right at work now. But if it is, what I think, it is a bigger problem that can only be fixed with an update.

I will try to find out that evening...

Sorry for that.
THOM

Post by THOM »

Sorry - I can't reproduce that crash.

The ice_lizard_steak is an item that I definitly erased from the game - and it does not appears anywhere in the game, even not by mistake (as far as I can see).

Which version are you playing? Would you like to send me an save-file? If yes I woul pm you an email adress.
Rinpoo

Post by Rinpoo »

THOM wrote:Sorry - I can't reproduce that crash.

The ice_lizard_steak is an item that I definitly erased from the game - and it does not appears anywhere in the game, even not by mistake (as far as I can see).

Which version are you playing? Would you like to send me an save-file? If yes I woul pm you an email adress.
I am playing ver 1.2 that I got from nexus mods, at least that is what it is labeled - JourneyToJustice_v1-2.dat

and yeah I can send you one of my save files if it will more easily help you solve the issue just give me a little bit, and I will re upload it to this post.
Rinpoo

Post by Rinpoo »

Rinpoo wrote:
THOM wrote:Sorry - I can't reproduce that crash.

I am playing ver 1.2 that I got from nexus mods, at least that is what it is labeled - JourneyToJustice_v1-2.dat

and yeah I can send you one of my save files if it will more easily help you solve the issue just give me a little bit, and I will re upload it to this post.

Ok here is my latest quick save file. https://ufile.io/z2yfp

a few notes about my save. The reason why my characters have extra skill points/stats is because I could not import my party with a knight in it, following your instructions not to do so, so I instead cut the difference and gave myself the skills/stats of my other party and played through from level 1. I don't think this has anything to do with my crash since no importing was done at all.

I have messed around several times trying to kill the boss without it crashing, and here is what I noticed when I do it. If I kill it with my weapons after a long fight, the boss dies, but I get no error message. If I spawn like 300 fire bombs, carry them in and throw it at it (killing it instantly) then I get the crash, but with the error message I posted earlier. From what I can tell the ice steak it is supposed to drop, but it does not, causing the game to crash.

Hopefully this helps you in fixing your problem easily.
THOM

Post by THOM »

Yes - but what IS trying to create an ice_lizard_steak? I'm pretty sure it is not a function of my mod... :?:

Anyway - it is too late here to find it out tonight. I hope, I will get it on the weekend.
Rinpoo

Post by Rinpoo »

THOM wrote:Yes - but what IS trying to create an ice_lizard_steak? I'm pretty sure it is not a function of my mod... :?:

Anyway - it is too late here to find it out tonight. I hope, I will get it on the weekend.
ah its fine by me, since I have multiple saves from before even going there to try and figure out my missed secrets, and will most likely end up replaying through some areas regardless. I don't know what would cause it to try to create it, so that is why I deffer to you :lol: