[MOD] Journey To Justice v2.1

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Rinpoo

Re: [MOD] Journey To Justice v1.1

Post by Rinpoo »

matuto wrote:Rinpoo, thanks a lot. I went back to a savegame and got the blue gem. It worked, perhaps I 've given a regular blue potion to the witch. I read about the ring on a string and the doubt about the coin and the gold ore. I used a gold ore and it worked too. Now to the lava and the bomb. I've not figured out the candle stuff yet.
Anytime, I am still looking for the heavy armor work gloves, cannot seem to find them >< The swamp still swaps my equipment, and it is so annoying I want this solved : ( let me know if you found any of the essences besides water and balance, I have spent hours combing around the laboratory and hub areas, but cannot seem to find anything, not even a clue as to their location.
THOM

Post by THOM »

Finally I was able to get some time to have a look at my files.
I did a few things - a new version is available now (see first post of this thread)

Thanks for everyone who gave me feedback. Seems a few things havn't even been found by my super-testplayer-party...

@Rinpoo (and maybe others):
- the heavy armor work gloves hadn't been added to the map :shock: That was not intended and is fixed in the new version!
- I still don't know why the curse of the swamp is going on endlessly in your game. It should stop finally after 7 minutes (or 7 "curses") . To fix this write this into the console: timer_54.timer:stop()
- the four essences can be found in the laboratory if you return from the mine.

If any other questions have been left out, please let me know...
THOM formaly known as tschrage
Rinpoo

Post by Rinpoo »

THOM wrote:- the heavy armor work gloves hadn't been added to the map :shock: That was not intended and is fixed in the new version!
HAHA thank you for the work gloves I will have to update, I looked high and low for those things all weekend :lol:
THOM wrote:- I still don't know why the curse of the swamp is going on endlessly in your game. It should stop finally after 7 minutes (or 7 "curses") . To fix this write this into the console: timer_54.timer:stop()
The curse in the swamp is still going, and on top of that sometimes when I cast poison cloud (basic earth spell) it triggers the curse swapping in other areas besides the swamp. I will input the code in, thank you for that, it really was frustrating.
THOM wrote:- the four essences can be found in the laboratory if you return from the mine.
I got from your earlier hint that they were most likely in the laboratory, but for the life of me I cannot find them. I have spent hours looking around the lab to no avail, I even revisited all of the hub portals, but did not find anything there. My central question for this is, do I have to do something specifically in the lab. For example is it a "secret area," or do I need to play with things in the lab, like the electrical field that contained the orb of balance, or the cage with the pressure plate that spawns a fireball. I can't think of anything beyond that, and have spent quite a while tinkering in the laboratory looking for the essences.

As for another question, what is the water flask for? I have been carrying it around forever. I assumed it would restore my "food" meter, but it doesn't appear to do anything. :lol:

I will update the mod now. Hopefully my saves still work when I update it :o Thanks a lot for the input THOM.
THOM

Post by THOM »

Rinpoo wrote:The curse in the swamp is still going, and on top of that sometimes when I cast poison cloud (basic earth spell) it triggers the curse swapping in other areas
strange...
Rinpoo wrote:I got from your earlier hint that they were most likely in the laboratory, but for the life of me I cannot find them. (...) do I need to play with things in the lab, like the electrical field that contained the orb of balance,
The 4 essences should be in the electric field. If the do not, something is broken in your game (luckily this ist not essetial).

Mmh. I think there are a few things weired in your game. Can you send me a savegame somehow?
Rinpoo wrote:As for another question, what is the water flask for? I have been carrying it around forever. I assumed it would restore my "food" meter, but it doesn't appear to do anything. :lol:
It can be used for the solution of one secret (but there are also other options for that). Beside that it has no meaning.
Rinpoo

Post by Rinpoo »

THOM wrote:strange...

I entered in the code you gave me, I will let you know if it stopped when I get back to the swamp area. I also updated to 1.3
THOM wrote:The 4 essences should be in the electric field. If the do not, something is broken in your game (luckily this ist not essetial).
Odd I have cycled through the Mine to the laboratory at least 3 times and they do not appear at all. I will just spawn them with the console then, if something is broken. :shock:
THOM wrote:Mmh. I think there are a few things weird in your game. Can you send me a savegame somehow?
I have updated the game to 1.3 now, so some of these things might be fixed in my game now, I will let you know when I play again later tonight. As for my 1.2 save, I uploaded one a few pages back for download when the "Northern King" would crash on dying. You can easily use that one to take a look around if you wish. The swamp thing was just weird, and why the essences never appeared is beyond me.
THOM wrote:It can be used for the solution of one secret (but there are also other options for that). Beside that it has no meaning.
Can you remind me which secret it is for? its very likely I solved it, but It has been at least 5, 6, or 7 weeks since I started playing your mod, and have no idea where I got the flask from :lol: ( you don't need to spoil it but a hint, or location of where the flask came from would suffice.)

Thansk for updating the mod, I will let you know if some of these things are fixed now :D
matuto

Re: [MOD] Journey To Justice v1.3

Post by matuto »

Dear Rinpoo and Thom, please take a look at my last message on page 18 bottom. Feedback and hint would be appreciated. Thanks.
THOM

Post by THOM »

Sorry, matuto, everything cluttered a bit.
matuto wrote:Hi guys. Throwing the bomb in front of the blue door in the mine lower level did nothing.
Blue door?

The aim in the mine is to get rid of the lava. The lave can't flow off. You see, why?

You have two options, to solve this. In #1 the bomb plays a role. In #2 another item...
matuto wrote:At the rocks on the left of the door just a passage has been opened but the lava and the monsters are still there. Didn't get it.
Maybe you have placed the bomb wrong...
matuto wrote:Using the console I managed to pull the ground lever at the western end of the northern corridor but could not find any change near around.
Now you are in the upper mine level? There is a change - a bit farer back. At a spot you have get aware of before...
console - ts,ts... probably you havn't get aware of the way to use a miners tool...
matuto wrote:Finally I don't know how to get the book in the northern corridor. Fishing pole or a stick ? A branch didn't work. Any hint ? Thanks.
First solve the puzzle with the lever.

Post by matuto »

Cruel, dear Thom. 1)blue iron door, near the stairs, which the lava runs from or to (?), collapsed rocks on the left, first I dropped the bomb in front of the door and of the rocks after, and nothing. Secondly I threw the bomb and nothing happened to the door but the rocks vanished, and lava was still there. I would like to see the expected bomb's effect but perhaps it is the wrong spot. 2) miner's tool ? huuum, was I supposed to try to break the mine cart with a pickaxe ? No TNT but a shovel. Dig the cart ? I tried the pickaxe on some collapsed dead ends and nothing. 3) does the ground lever have something with the fishing pole wich will allow me to grab the book ? Sorry Thom, our logical processes are quite different. Still stuck but happy. Please ...Regards.
THOM

Post by THOM »

You have to ignite the bomb (use it by a click with right mousebutton).
SpoilerShow
do it beside the irondoor
the pickaxe has a secondary/power action...

Post by matuto »

Thanks Thom. I have already got the blue gem in the mine. Quite burned for sure. But curiosity pushes a game player. I will go back there to see what the bomb does. It was not enough clear the bomb stuff. I assume that I must ignite it (right buttom) and drop it beside the iron door. It can be dropped to the right (out of the lava) and to the left (inside the lava in front of the rocks).OK, I will check both options. I will check out the pickaxe too but have to find out the ground lever effect. Will it help with the book ? Bed time in Rio. Good night.