[MOD] - The Butcher of Many + LVL1 Walkthrough

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
zdenekhoub

Re: [MOD] - The Butcher of Many - Updated to v1.1!

Post by zdenekhoub »

zimberzimber wrote:
zdenekhoub wrote:Your image is very blurry. I don't know resolution you use but setting the game to a full graphics details will help.
On max settings its better visible.
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize having a supercomputer that can run everything at max setting is required.
I can't run the game at max settings, and I'm still having a laggy experience with this game in general even on the lowest setting with which the game is still playable. (Low Rendering Quality is impossible to play with because of the crappy lighting)
You have to take into consideration that not everyone has a mega-rig like you do when creating something for other people to use.
Hard to find yes. Well hidden? Yes. Some degree of challenge is a good thing.
But it's not even a challenge, It's more of a walk around walls hoping to find some button that may, or may not be there. There is no clue indicating that its there, its hidden from sight more than the regular secret button, and there are more levels on which that very key can be. I got to the earth temple expecting to find the key there or on my way, and I was stuck there until I came over here seeking for answers.
I have an i3-4150 CPU using integrated graphics card on the CPU. Running fine at max settings on 1360x768.

Walking around walls hoping to find some secret button is one of the essences of dungeon crawler games sir :)
zimberzimber

Post by zimberzimber »

zdenekhoub wrote:I have an i3-4150 CPU using integrated graphics card on the CPU. Running fine at max settings on 1360x768.
Good on you! I don't.
zdenekhoub wrote:Walking around walls hoping to find some secret button is one of the essences of dungeon crawler games sir :)
When there's at least a clue pointing to it, is not a secret, and there aren't 4 other levels on which it may be on.
My asset pack [v1.10]
Features a bit of everything! :D
zdenekhoub

Post by zdenekhoub »

zimberzimber wrote:
zdenekhoub wrote:I have an i3-4150 CPU using integrated graphics card on the CPU. Running fine at max settings on 1360x768.
Good on you! I don't.
zdenekhoub wrote:Walking around walls hoping to find some secret button is one of the essences of dungeon crawler games sir :)
When there's at least a clue pointing to it, is not a secret, and there aren't 4 other levels on which it may be on.
I see but do not quit yet on the adventure - there are more monsters and secrets to behold :)
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

zimberzimber wrote:Personally, I think you're expecting a bit too much from the player. :|
This is better than expecting too little; and is my preference of the two. :mrgreen:
zimberzimber wrote:You have to take into consideration that not everyone has a mega-rig like you do when creating something for other people to use.
This is true. Maps should be made playable start to finish even on [especially on!] the lowest possible settings.

IRRC the official Grimrock (1) had a shadow puzzle that managed to get through testing, and it was rendered into guesswork ~by not rendering the precise shadows [needed to solve] when the lighting quality was reduced on low settings.
zimberzimber

Post by zimberzimber »

Isaac wrote:IRRC the official Grimrock (1) had a shadow puzzle that managed to get through testing, and it was rendered into guesswork ~by not rendering the precise shadows [needed to solve] when the lighting quality was reduced on low settings.
It had logic without seeing the shadows though, which was stay away from torches. Thats how I got through :lol:
My asset pack [v1.10]
minmay

Post by minmay »

Isaac wrote:IRRC the official Grimrock (1) had a shadow puzzle that managed to get through testing, and it was rendered into guesswork ~by not rendering the precise shadows [needed to solve] when the lighting quality was reduced on low settings.
The initial release of Grimrock 1 didn't have the "Rendering Quality" setting, so those shadows were always rendered. The ability to disable shadows altogether was added in 1.3.6.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
zimberzimber

Post by zimberzimber »

Finished the mod.
Other than what I already said, I have no big complaints, and all in all, it was pretty fun!
Thank you :D
My asset pack [v1.10]
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

so, the butcher are no problem anymore...`5, 30 hours and 24 secrets found.. (what is polymorphed??)
i played this mod again withthe 1.1 version....
i was almost stuck in the Three Eyed Guardian area, i had al the 3 gems but not enough experience points (concentration) to activate the staff.. all the monsters where defeated for more experience points and i can not find more secrets anymore.. the hungry eager one wanted 10 pieces of food and i had not enough.. bu search and search for hours i found 2 miserable mushrooms in the begin level.. and...... i feed the hungry one and my luck i got a book good for 1 experience point................pffffffff
the butcher himself was peanuts with a recharched three eyed staff

some questions..
where are the empty flasks for???? i can not fill these...
and the poignant potion? i get poisioned when i drink this...
zimberzimber

Post by zimberzimber »

You don't really need Wizards Verge to defeat Summon Stone, you can use the Dispel spell. (If you invested at least one point in Water Magic, but its pretty much essential considering Summon Stones and Air Elementals from vanilla)

Empty flasks remained from the first game, and otherwise unused. Poignant potions have no use other than poisoning the party. Same with Water Flasks.
My asset pack [v1.10]
zdenekhoub

Post by zdenekhoub »

hansbleeb wrote:so, the butcher are no problem anymore...`5, 30 hours and 24 secrets found.. (what is polymorphed??)
i played this mod again withthe 1.1 version....
i was almost stuck in the Three Eyed Guardian area, i had al the 3 gems but not enough experience points (concentration) to activate the staff.. all the monsters where defeated for more experience points and i can not find more secrets anymore.. the hungry eager one wanted 10 pieces of food and i had not enough.. bu search and search for hours i found 2 miserable mushrooms in the begin level.. and...... i feed the hungry one and my luck i got a book good for 1 experience point................pffffffff
the butcher himself was peanuts with a recharched three eyed staff

some questions..
where are the empty flasks for???? i can not fill these...
and the poignant potion? i get poisioned when i drink this...
In mod version 1.1 you don't need the three gems nor Wizard's Virge to defeat the two stone guardians. Their HP were lowered from 9.999 to 999 and they can be beaten with weapons now. It takes a while but the are the Immortal Guardians so... :)

The Butcher also can be slain without the Virge, it is harder fight then as well but manageable. You can still shield yourself in final battle for unlimited time by using the Snail figure on altar and heal yourself by using Ogre figurine the same way. Oh and freeze him by using the Ice figurine too.

There is also book of Wisdom with +1 point at the cemetary but you probably already used it. Hope you fished out all the fish already before in sewers waters - I mean before searching hours for some for food for the Hungry One riddle ;)
Last edited by zdenekhoub on Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.