[MOD] - The Butcher of Many + LVL1 Walkthrough

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
zdenekhoub

Re: [MOD] - The Butcher of Many - Updated to v1.1!

Post by zdenekhoub »

You can download Russian texts version of my mod from Nexus Mods link!

Thanks to player iklest for the translation!

DL link is on the first page of this topic.
matuto

Post by matuto »

Hi folks,
Really a very interesting mod. But there is always a risk when the creator spread everything through different levels and places without enough hints and clues. I've read all messages and, as we say in Brazil, feel as a dizzy cockroach. Is there any good soul reading this thread ? If so,
1) where is the venon cave entrance ? I thought it was where the ancient venon living sack was.
2) how and where to get to the forest ?
3) where is the "table" in the cemetery to put on the ogre and skeleton figures ? I only saw the two red and blue tables where I put the blue and red stones.
4) where shall I summon the rock guardians ?
5) what and how shall I give something to the "collector of nine" ?
With some help perhaps I will be able to go ahead and see the grand finale.
Many thanks in advance.
zdenekhoub

Post by zdenekhoub »

matuto wrote:Hi folks,
Really a very interesting mod. But there is always a risk when the creator spread everything through different levels and places without enough hints and clues. I've read all messages and, as we say in Brazil, feel as a dizzy cockroach. Is there any good soul reading this thread ? If so,
1) where is the venon cave entrance ? I thought it was where the ancient venon living sack was.
2) how and where to get to the forest ?
3) where is the "table" in the cemetery to put on the ogre and skeleton figures ? I only saw the two red and blue tables where I put the blue and red stones.
4) where shall I summon the rock guardians ?
5) what and how shall I give something to the "collector of nine" ?
With some help perhaps I will be able to go ahead and see the grand finale.
Many thanks in advance.
Hello matuto, what level/map did you reached? It seems you are searching for things and places that are mentioned in texts or letters you may find around starting forest. But you can get to these parts of the mod you have read about only much much later on.
Adrageron

Post by Adrageron »

Thank you, Zdenek, for this masterpiece!
Magnificent game design, atmosphere and dialogues. Original and interesting secrets. That was a great adventure indeed!
Special thanks for Blackadder's treasure :D
The only flaw (imho) is some forced pixelhunting
SpoilerShow
secret button for 2-nd ornate key, etc.
and lack of hints at some moments
SpoilerShow
shooting over altar and statue in the Brotherhood of Rae sanctum
Bugs/imperfections:
- the game crashed after I slayed the Butcher and entered his chamber.
SpoilerShow
He was too impatient and came to kill my party while I was bothered picking up hard gained skulls from Collector's face, so official bossfight did not started and game crashed trying to add dead boss to the event
- the Master Key can open any lock, so it is a bit strange to encounter locks and keys inside the Master's tomb.
zdenekhoub

Post by zdenekhoub »

Adrageron wrote:Thank you, Zdenek, for this masterpiece!
Magnificent game design, atmosphere and dialogues. Original and interesting secrets. That was a great adventure indeed!
Special thanks for Blackadder's treasure :D
The only flaw (imho) is some forced pixelhunting
SpoilerShow
secret button for 2-nd ornate key, etc.
and lack of hints at some moments
SpoilerShow
shooting over altar and statue in the Brotherhood of Rae sanctum
Bugs/imperfections:
- the game crashed after I slayed the Butcher and entered his chamber.
SpoilerShow
He was too impatient and came to kill my party while I was bothered picking up hard gained skulls from Collector's face, so official bossfight did not started and game crashed trying to add dead boss to the event
- the Master Key can open any lock, so it is a bit strange to encounter locks and keys inside the Master's tomb.
Thank you Adrageron I am glad you liked my mod so much! :D

- Yes the secret button for second ornate key is bit too old school - but most players found it so I left it as it is, one or two hard to find things in whole mod is not too bad.
- There is a hint for the shooting in Brotherhood of Rae, the text on the right wall beside this altar.

- The bug with the Butcher - he never came to me into the passage guess I was lucky.. but I will look into this in next update thank you.
- Only the High Guardian Bokkar could use or had the Master key so anyone else must have used normal keys :)
lefthome

Post by lefthome »

I have enjoyed this very much so far. I don't think I would have made it through without some hints on the forum here. I usually only play mods where there is something similar to a walkthrough available, but I made an exception here, and I'm glad I did. Very imaginative and creative using only the base elements available in the game.

There is a lot of secrets, and some puzzles are a little obscure but I did manage to figure a lot out on my own.

There are some things that seem simple but for the life of me I can't figure it out. I am almost finished the game (I have all elements, gems, figurines, wizard's virge, etc)

I am hoping to backtrack and clear up a couple of things that are bugging me. Maybe some hints from the Dungeon Master???

1 - Prison / Mage Holding Area

a - I cannot figure out how to get at the leprechaun that is pacing back and forth and laughing.

b - Does the ratling in the cage serve any purpose?

2 - Inner Sanctum

a - There is a Wyvern behind a grate with what appears to be two potions (red and green). I can't figure out how to get at him.

b - After defeating the queen and taking a plunge into the pit I find a secret and I caught glimpse of a fire elemental that I can hear behind the walls in the main hallway. Can I get to him?

c - In the Library, can I get up to the second level? There appears to be something going on up there. I looked through the books hoping to find a secret button but have had no luck so far.

3 - The one I hate to admit the most lol: In the cemetery near the beginning I haven't figured out the red/blue puzzle. I thought maybe I use the gems on the table opposite the sign but it did not appear to do anything. even after pressing the button. I think I am missing something obvious here.

3b - Does the scope do anything?

3c - Can I get across the broken bridge in the sewers?

Arghhh! I will not be able to sleep until I figure these things out.

Great job on the mod!
zdenekhoub

Post by zdenekhoub »

lefthome wrote: I am hoping to backtrack and clear up a couple of things that are bugging me. Maybe some hints from the Dungeon Master???

1 - Prison / Mage Holding Area

a - I cannot figure out how to get at the leprechaun that is pacing back and forth and laughing.
You can't - he is here just for the atmosphere of the prison. One not so lucky leprechaun-prisoner.

b - Does the ratling in the cage serve any purpose?
No, poor guy with same fate as the leprechaun :)

2 - Inner Sanctum

a - There is a Wyvern behind a grate with what appears to be two potions (red and green). I can't figure out how to get at him.
You must put colored crystals in the alcove opposite to this closed grate, use same colors as they are shown on the floor.

b - After defeating the queen and taking a plunge into the pit I find a secret and I caught glimpse of a fire elemental that I can hear behind the walls in the main hallway. Can I get to him?
Yes you must use electricity in the library (with the above flying and guarding wyvern). Then secret wall will open. You can see hint of this passage by its stone arch in the wall.

c - In the Library, can I get up to the second level? There appears to be something going on up there. I looked through the books hoping to find a secret button but have had no luck so far.
No you can't the pit which strikes with electricity is just a channel which feeds the guarding wyvern with electricity.

3 - The one I hate to admit the most lol: In the cemetery near the beginning I haven't figured out the red/blue puzzle. I thought maybe I use the gems on the table opposite the sign but it did not appear to do anything. even after pressing the button. I think I am missing something obvious here.
Yes it is very simple :) put the small red and small blue potion on the altar and press the button on the wall.

3b - Does the scope do anything?
No it is just for the fact it belonged to the ratling who was overseeing the ratling camp outside, from the tower you met him.

3c - Can I get across the broken bridge in the sewers?
No and if the bridge worked you will end up in the forest behing that grate gate which you encountered early in the game.

Arghhh! I will not be able to sleep until I figure these things out.

Great job on the mod!
Thank you!
matuto

Post by matuto »

Thank you so much Zdenekhoub,
I have been in the following maps: a) N. Keep woods ; b) N. Keep; c) Storage Cellar; d) Old Sewers; e) Ancient crypts; f) Path of the Dead; g) Master's Tomb, where now I am stuck looking at the collector of nine with no idea of what give to him. The skulls by chance ? I left them in the fire pit but I can go back there and recover them. After getting the water, air and fire essences and having inspected each wall of all maps, I decided to spawn the earth essence using the console. That's how I got to the Master's Tomb. I had no idea that only later I would be able to go to the forest. Now what ? Just one more thing: I read what you said about the red and blue tables in the Keep Woods. But instead of the red and blue gems you mentioned "small red and blue POTIONS (?)". Does this mean that we have to use the mortar & plestle to prepare a health and an energy potions ? And where is the button to press near the tables ? And that clue about the amulet that makes the Butcher visible ? Where is it ? I do not want to die so young (LoL). In your next, and certainly good mod, please make things a bit easier. Thanks again and congratulations for one of the most interesting and difficult mods I ever played.
lefthome

Post by lefthome »

Thanks for the info! I finally made my way down to the butcher's level. I haven't entered the final tomb yet. Just a few more questions.
SpoilerShow
Is there 9 skulls in the game? I've only managed to collect 7! I'm backtracking now but have had no luck. Bones count? Is there bones around?
SpoilerShow
Is there any purpose to the garbage pit/well near the Toad Queen's altar in the sewers? It looks like there is a passage connected to it, but I cannot reach it as it is higher than the bottom of the watery pit.
SpoilerShow
I used some charges on the wand against those Fire Elementals. Was there a more strategic approach to killing them? I'm sure the pit with the spikes played into it somehow, but I kept falling in and they kept healing themselves above.
I would love to see a fully annotated map after, just to see how much I missed. This mod is chock full of secrets it seems.
zdenekhoub

Post by zdenekhoub »

matuto wrote:Thank you so much Zdenekhoub,
I have been in the following maps: a) N. Keep woods ; b) N. Keep; c) Storage Cellar; d) Old Sewers; e) Ancient crypts; f) Path of the Dead; g) Master's Tomb, where now I am stuck looking at the collector of nine with no idea of what give to him. The skulls by chance ? I left them in the fire pit but I can go back there and recover them. After getting the water, air and fire essences and having inspected each wall of all maps, I decided to spawn the earth essence using the console. That's how I got to the Master's Tomb. I had no idea that only later I would be able to go to the forest. Now what ? Just one more thing: I read what you said about the red and blue tables in the Keep Woods. But instead of the red and blue gems you mentioned "small red and blue POTIONS (?)". Does this mean that we have to use the mortar & plestle to prepare a health and an energy potions ? And where is the button to press near the tables ? And that clue about the amulet that makes the Butcher visible ? Where is it ? I do not want to die so young (LoL). In your next, and certainly good mod, please make things a bit easier. Thanks again and congratulations for one of the most interesting and difficult mods I ever played.
Yes the Collector of Nine wants skull or/and bones. Hope you wont get stuck because of using the console to spawn the Earth essence - it is better to not do this for obvious reason. You have to put small red and small blue potion on the altar, not red and blue gems. You can use your mortar to make the potions sure or find the potions somewhere. If you already didn't used all of them available are in the mod :) The amulet to make Butcher visible was stolen by the thief, which corpse you can find in the sewers in the place with spiders. The thief had left a note about he dropped the amulet to the waters of the sewer, while being chased by the guards. There will a walkthrough someday but I don't have a time now for it.

Thank you too ;)