[MOD] Fidoc's Doom 1.4

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Doryann34

[MOD] Fidoc's Doom 1.4

Post by Doryann34 »

Hi everybody!

I've been working on a single character adventure+reflection mod for LoG2 for 6 months now, and I'd like to share it with the community.
It has been thoroughly beta-tested by 15 players. Version 1.4 is fully stable, but keep me posted if you encounter any bug.

Here are some pics:

You can find it on Nexus here:
http://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/71/

and on Steam Workshop:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =773528234

ABOUT FIDOC's DOOM
Fidoc's Doom is a single character adventure videogame, based exclusively on reflection and exploration.
Investigate ruins, unearth treasures, decipher codes, disarm traps, solve challenging puzzles, decrypt scrolls, activate mechanisms, answer riddles, explore mazes, open locks, discover secrets... and reverse an ancient prophecy.

0% combat: weapons and gear are almost useless in this game.
While you may still be killed by monsters, you will neither be able to challenge nor slay them. To overcome your foes, you'll need to avoid their sight and act as subtle as you can.

This adventure is set mainly indoors, after an initial outdoor area.

Don't try to customize your characters before launching the game, nor create a team of your own: at the start of the game, everything will be reset.
No matter your choices, you'll start with a lonely FEMALE KNIGHT. This is part of the storyline.

STORYLINE
The pitch is not very original – I have to admit it –, but people who like old-style adventure games and classical storylines should be happy with it:

For the last five centuries, the sun has been gradually weakening, decade after decade.
Ancient books speak of the brightness of the daylight that people and nature used to live beneath...

But nowadays the sun merely looks like a grey and dim star in a dark and cloudy sky. Fields have turned into swamps. Plague and starvation regularly descend upon the realms...

An ancient prophecy claims that the former kings of the realms, known as Fidoc's Dynasty, had found a way to capture the very essence of the Sun's light. This royal family used the light to extend their existence beyond our realm and into the next.
At that time, nobody paid much attention to the story. But now, centuries afterwards, it appears that the prophecy has been proved true...

As a descendant of this old dynasty, you came up with the project of exploring your ancestor's tombs, hoping to stop the Sun from losing its remaining power.
After a few days of walking in the swamps, you arrive at the alleged site of Fidoc's ancient family crypts...

CREDITS
Graphics design and game engine credits: Almost Human Games. Visit http://www.grimrock.net
I used LoG2 editor + LoG1&2 asset packs.
A million thanks to the LoG2 modding community:
. Steingrimur Oskarsson for the best video tutorials ever
. Prozail for the snail's scripts
. Mutman for the beautiful runebooks
. AdrTru for the graphic texts
. Zimber for the camp fire asset

Sound Art Credits: http://www.tabletopaudio.com
Thanks for the amazing ambient tracks! Here is what I've used:
. Cinematics : "Before the Storm"
. Outdoor area: "Swamplandia"
. Xafi Sepulchre: "Haunted_Ramparts"
. Rukashan's Crypt: "Catacombs"
. Iomeris Cemetery: "Temple_of_the_Eye"

English translation and proof-reading: Lee (litrouke@yahoo.com)

Special thanks to my friend betatesters:
. Antoine (Systema powa!)
. Francois & Marie-Cecile
. Emilie (my twin soul)
. Wes (Dr. Chuckles)
. Benoit (hi flatmate)
They helped me improve the game, make it more enjoyable... and (hopefully) free of bugs.

ABOUT ME
I'm a French 36 years old guy.
I love adventure and reflexion videogames.
I'm not a professionnal game designer but I really like to imagine and create challenging puzzles.
Baldur's Gate, Day of the Tentacle, Indiana Jones (both), Legend of Grimrock, The Room... are among my favorite games.

WALKTHROUGH
You're stuck in the game?
Visit http://www.fidocsdoom.com to find an extensive walkthrough.

ENJOY!

Cheers
Last edited by Doryann34 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 15 times in total.
andyroosta

Re: [MOD] Fidoc's Doom FIRST OFFICIAL RELEASE

Post by andyroosta »

Thanks for making the mod..i will download later and try tonight.
It sounds very promising from your description.

Cheers!
Doryann34

Post by Doryann34 »

andyroosta wrote:Thanks for making the mod..i will download later and try tonight.
It sounds very promising from your description.

Cheers!
Thanks! It's been a hell of a project but I'm pretty happy of the result. I really hope you'll enjoy it.
(Note: my friends told me some puzzles are diabolic. That's why I created a complete walkthrough: http://www.fidocsdoom.com.
andyroosta

Post by andyroosta »

I gave it a quick play this evening for a while and i am enjoying it very much..i managed to get into the catacombs :) Nice riddles.
Will play more this week..thanks again for making the mod.

Cheers.
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

i have played it earlier, here.. http://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/71/?
was a very amazing game.. and mindbreaking difficult on a lot of places..
Doryann34

Post by Doryann34 »

hansbleeb wrote:i have played it earlier, here.. http://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/71/?
was a very amazing game.. and mindbreaking difficult on a lot of places..
Hi hans!
You were indeed among the few players of the beta-version, and I must say it's a miracle that you enjoyed it so much, given the many bugs and the insane difficulty of my game at that time; thx for playing through!!
I've tried to take into account every piece of feedback I got from friends and strangers during the last 3-4 months, in order to fix the bugs and make the game a little bit less difficult (...or less "frustrating"!).
I'd be happy to get some feedback on the new version if you feel like playing through the whole game again (one day)...
Anyway, thanks a million for your comment :D
andyroosta

Post by andyroosta »

I''m still enjoying it very much...the puzzles are nice and hard. Kudos for your hard work.
Doryann34

Post by Doryann34 »

andyroosta wrote:I''m still enjoying it very much...the puzzles are nice and hard. Kudos for your hard work.
Thx rooroo!
Where are you by now?
andyroosta

Post by andyroosta »

Not too far, i think it's the Sepulchre level if memory serves. I will have time to play at weekend.

Merci beaucoup!

In Rukashan's crypt now. Good fun.
Doryann34

Post by Doryann34 »

andyroosta wrote:Not too far, i think it's the Sepulchre level if memory serves. I will have time to play at weekend.

Merci beaucoup!

In Rukashan's crypt now. Good fun.
Did you get to free Havotep's soul? Well done!!
Anyway, Rukashan's maze will drive you crazy...

MWUHAHAHAHAaaaaaha!!! :twisted: