The Crack of Doom Version 1.01 is Live

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
ByFstugan

Re: The Crack of Doom Version 1.01 is Live

Post by ByFstugan »

Game crashed when I summoned the Balrog in the Mithril forge... it didn't happen instantly, first it was there and made some fire on the ground, then I sidestepped and fell down to bottom. Next time there was a quake and sound it happened...

EDIT:
After several tries I noticed it happens everytime I fall down, not otherwise as far as I've seen.

here is the code:

=== Software Failure ===

assets/scripts/monsters/magma_golem.lua:0: attempt to index field 'tiledamager' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'error'
[string "Script.lua"]: in function 'spawn'
assets/scripts/monsters/magma_golem.lua: in main chunk
[string "Component.lua"]: in function 'callHook'
[string "MonsterAttack.lua"]: in function 'attack'
[string "MonsterAttack.lua"]: in main chunk
[string "GameObject.lua"]: in function 'sendMessage'
[string "Animation.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateComponents'
[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateEntities'
[string "Dungeon.lua"]: in function 'updateLevels'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk
ByFstugan

Post by ByFstugan »

@650ft... I found the "Blood of the Unborn/Fallen/Vanquished" and got the key from using them you know where. I wonder - are there another use for them since there are three signs in the other place? I tried to throw them down there with no result.
ByFstugan

Post by ByFstugan »

@650ft - Is Bishop Tomak forever summoning new creatures or is there a certain limit?
Lord_Foul

Post by Lord_Foul »

thx for the posts re tech stuff.
both issues you posted "magma tile damager" and "650ft tomak endless summons" are known but rare issues - the endless summons i hoped i had fixed as it has not been reported in a long time.

the endless summons happens as you start to run into mem issues - usually.

what is your OS?

ps re blood vials
SpoilerShow
you have found the only use for them.
ByFstugan

Post by ByFstugan »

Lord_Foul wrote:"650ft tomak endless summons" are known but rare issues - the endless summons i hoped i had fixed as it has not been reported in a long time.

the endless summons happens as you start to run into mem issues - usually.

what is your OS?
I have Windows 7 Ultimate.

I dunno if it became an endless summon, after a while I decided to go for the boss and then it was just a matter of time before all were dead.

I saw 3-4 Ogres at same time, some snakes, some wolfes, 4-5 medusas (some double) at same time and it became pretty crowded there. From start the more I killed, the more I had left to kill - no idea if I reached any cap.
ByFstugan

Post by ByFstugan »

@650ft - In the southern part I found a place for the fire elementar figurine (also found in that part), but in the western part I didn't find any place for the Ogre figurine (found in western part). Shouldn't it be there somewhere (west)?
Lord_Foul

Post by Lord_Foul »

re figurines
SpoilerShow
all those figurines do have places that unlock the major house treasury in question. Each house tomb map has a figure and a place to put it somewhere on that map. Running between maps is not required to solve these.

western/ogre figurine is the hardest to place. In the funeral pyre area ie region with tower/pyramid like structures where the blood altars are -- one of these pyre structures has a place for the figure on the outside. its tricky to see/find. It is the pyre/structure closest to the iron door located in that area( the door the key is for).
ByFstugan

Post by ByFstugan »

Lord_Foul wrote:re figurines
SpoilerShow
all those figurines do have places that unlock the major house treasury in question. Each house tomb map has a figure and a place to put it somewhere on that map. Running between maps is not required to solve these.

western/ogre figurine is the hardest to place. In the funeral pyre area ie region with tower/pyramid like structures where the blood altars are -- one of these pyre structures has a place for the figure on the outside. its tricky to see/find. It is the pyre/structure closest to the iron door located in that area( the door the key is for).
TYVM... sneaky placement ;)
ByFstugan

Post by ByFstugan »

I just found the "Tome of Leadership" - is there some other hidden functions with this that might make me wanna think in a special way in where to put it?

Like does it give bonus to all EXCEPT for the leader, as the info seems to say? Doesn't the leader gain anything on being the leader?

Does it make monsters wanna make the leader primary target?

If the leader dies and is ressurected - will the bonus come back then, or does it only apply for "one lifetime"?

Anyone knows?

Edit:
I also wonder about the "Water flask" I found early in the game - does it have any use - and what if so?
ByFstugan

Post by ByFstugan »

Beside all small questions ... I'm impressed by your map-building-skillz ... Very good ... in my option more attractive than the original campain ;)