The Crack of Doom Version 1.01 is Live

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Lord_Foul

Re: The Crack of Doom Version 1.01 is Live

Post by Lord_Foul »

to kholdy re the 3 chests

SpoilerShow
the acolyte staff puzzle spawns a new teleporter in the room with this puzzle. The tele leads to those 3 chest. The floor in front of them closes when u solve the acolyte staff puzzle.

if you take the tele and end up staring at a wall then turn around and the button to open this wall is on a big pillar thing right behind you(ish).

re the posted pic:
the area beyond there is where you fall into from above if attempting "march of the serpent puzzle".
Lord_Foul

Post by Lord_Foul »

to byfstugan
SpoilerShow
in the room with stuff you cannot reach ie figurines behind table/altars, there is a sign at the entrance that says "from weakest to strongest". Opposite the figurines are pressure plates on the floor. Place objects on these plates in the proper order to get the tele that leads to that armory. Use the guide.txt included in the zip - this may help you in times of trouble.
Kholdy

Post by Kholdy »

Ok, so I guess that area isn't a secret and just some place you fall into. I actually solved the acolyte puzzle...then took back my acolyte staff. The teleporter stayed, so i thought the puzzle was "finished" and I could take my items back lol.
ByFstugan

Post by ByFstugan »

Lord_Foul wrote:to byfstugan
SpoilerShow
in the room with stuff you cannot reach ie figurines behind table/altars, there is a sign at the entrance that says "from weakest to strongest". Opposite the figurines are pressure plates on the floor. Place objects on these plates in the proper order to get the tele that leads to that armory. Use the guide.txt included in the zip - this may help you in times of trouble.
LoL... I just found myself carry a "Round Key" and a door that I "had missed that I had missed" :p

So now I found it and solved it, ty :)
Kholdy

Post by Kholdy »

How do I get the chest on top of the forge?

EDIT: I'm not sure if you said before, but what level will you most likely be at the end of the game? Non-human.
Lord_Foul

Post by Lord_Foul »

top of this post 6th line down answers your second question.

re: chest in the mithril forge
SpoilerShow
this chest is only accessible from "The Heart of Darkness level" (last level before final boss fight with Pope Doom).

In the region with the munitions factory a switch/button open a door that grants access to a tele that leads directly to that chest. A new tele also spawns at the entrance to the forge room that leads back to where you came from.
ByFstugan

Post by ByFstugan »

Lord_Foul wrote:to kholdy re the 3 chests

SpoilerShow
the acolyte staff puzzle spawns a new teleporter in the room with this puzzle. The tele leads to those 3 chest. The floor in front of them closes when u solve the acolyte staff puzzle.

if you take the tele and end up staring at a wall then turn around and the button to open this wall is on a big pillar thing right behind you(ish).

re the posted pic:
the area beyond there is where you fall into from above if attempting "march of the serpent puzzle".
Several questions here.

Hmmm... I've runned around in circles for a while since it feels I missed somethings, and this is one of them. I don't remember where I got the Acolyte Staff, but I have it. I also seen the three chests beside eachother, but unreachable due to the holes, which the middle one is posslible to take and the other leads to eternal entrapment for what I can see (standing on holes with spears in the floor that never starts) - are you supposed to be able to be stuck in holes like that? I found a couple similar holes and also one where you put the harpoon with water where I see no button or way out? That thing seems really wierd if so.

Beside that, I don't know where to solve the acolyte puzzle, but I assume I locked that possibility running around with the staff? If so, where should I go to solve it (again maybe?)?

I also got a not with a riddle about some place NW of a place to the East where homeage is payed, what depth is that supposed to be found? I don't even recall where I got that paper.

One last thing (so far), is it by purpose there is so few bags and chests, my inventory is hard to manage and I don't like to throw things.

One very last things. I think I did close alot of bad swords and then found statues where in the original game in the first map you could put a sword in the hands of a statue and open something - is there such things here also and I have thrown away the key in an unknown place now then?

EDIT:
Another last question :) there was a room at 300ft with the text "Incinirators", is there a puzzle to solve and how there?
Lord_Foul

Post by Lord_Foul »

i will try to answers as best i can

re acolyte staff
SpoilerShow
the staff goes on the altar located in the upper middle part of the level (550ft i believe - not at my comp atm) - altar with the word puzzle - there is a glowing floating text over this altar so its impossible to miss.
the staff must remain on the altar or the floor plates in front of those 3 chests will open. This is an intentional deception as the tele appears as soon as the staff is placed on the altar so the player may feel thay have solved it when they have not. Remember to retrieve the staff after looting those 3 chests - staff not req after this but it will make life way easier farther down.
re riddle note about buried treasure
SpoilerShow
this note is found in the Forsaken Fen (swamp level) and refers to a treasure buried near a statue located on this level. It is the staue on the south side of the map near a tele that puts u uptop on a pillar.
there are no instances of needing to place objects in a statues hands in COD.

re: incinerators
SpoilerShow
it is a minor puzzle at best. In one of the fiery chambers is a fire elemental that will be released if you press a button in this room. Inside the small chamber where the fire ele was you will find the flaming gauntlets.
re other buried treasure found via the ingame maps
SpoilerShow
all buried treasure is serious stuff in COD. The 2 locations in the TOMB levels feature unique and powerful items. The real challenge to these is just remembering you had a treasure map in the first place lol.
and i think thats everything...
ByFstugan

Post by ByFstugan »

Lord_Foul wrote:i will try to answers as best i can
Thx for the answers... I still got some things unanswered and might need more clarity to others.

I haven't searched much fot the answers yet, but it's unclear when I read. I'd prefere if you always said what level in DEPTH the levels are you talk about, since the names you say is harder to remember when you left that level long ago and they ain't visible on the map when you scroll out.

What I did get from your last answers:

The Incinirators - that "minor puzzle" I had done, but it just seemed as I haven't done anything there yet since it was so minor ^^

The Acolyte Staff - when I see it it's clear what that word puzzle was to be, almost ashamed to admit it :)

The riddle homage chest - I was stuck on "east" thinking "east on map" and not her eyes (I accually digged each square on the whole east side to test) ;)

Questions unanswered:

Q1) Is it planned to be very few chests/bags to carry things in the inventory? I've been full almost all game it seems and hardly never find any more (so far 550ft down as most). All I got for extra space is 1 chest and 3 bags :(

Q2) Are there supposed to be holes you can fall into with eternal entrapment - or have I missed something obvious?

New Questions:

N1) About the Incinirator room level. To west of that room there is another room with to different secret buttons in the walls, one to the left and one to the right. As far as I've seen nothing have happened when pushing them - have I missed anything or have I missed that I've not have missed it? :)

N2) What levels of depth is the TOMB-levels? How many buried chests is there to find? I had two maps for the "Forsaken Fen" (450ft) that I found.

N3) To the east of the Forsaken Fen (450ft) there seem to be a Crystal Flower on top of a place I can't access, what have I missed - or is it just a tease?

N4) Also the Forsaken Fen (450ft), to the far southeast there is a place calle "The breeding grounds" where some tentacle monsters fly around on a higher plane and they wont come down to be killed. Isn't it possible to kill them at all, or are there some secret that takes me to their level?

N5) On the 500ft level there are four gold key treasure places where in one of them you can get the Crystal Helm - is it the only place where you can get that? I don't wanna waste a gold key on it if you can get the key later, there were other set items that strangely enough were found in several places (shouldn't there really just be one unique of each set part there?).

N6) At 500ft level there are also at the northeast top corner a corridor of rooms that on each side has a button that opens a hole in the floor, that seems to lead to eternal entrapment or death by spikes (didn't trigger some times when I climbed down) - what's that about?
Lord_Foul

Post by Lord_Foul »

I am not at my computer nor will i be till next week. I will try to answer as best i can. I have avoided referencing depth in feet ie 550ft since i am only 95% sure but not positive as i am not at my computer.

both bag space and food are somewhat limited in COD. This is intentional and you are the first person to hit the "bag" wall lol.
SpoilerShow
the tomb levels are right after the mithril forge level. There are four tomb maps linked by a hub (Tombs of the Serpent Lords). The treasure maps are found in the Lair of the Burning Beasts(much much earlier--fire level after the Dimwood cavern/forest, and there are 2 that pertain to the tomb levels).
SpoilerShow
Flying creatures may or may not come down from altitude. It is possible to bait and kill them but there is no secret that takes you to them. Simply ignore and move on, they just add some randomness to encounters.
crystal flower in forsaken fen
SpoilerShow
yep you can grab it. a ladder is released allowing access to it - switch is underwater near where the golden harpoon is/was.
SpoilerShow
crystal helm is only found there. Some lesser item sets can be found in doubles.
ps. there is an extra gold key in the dimwood caverns/forest to use in those major vaults where the crystal helm is. -- a single pit trap door is located in the dimwood -- its tricky, the trap kills but there is a gold key down there.
N6) At 500ft level there are also at the northeast top corner a corridor of rooms that on each side has a button that opens a hole in the floor, that seems to lead to eternal entrapment or death by spikes (didn't trigger some times when I climbed down) - what's that about?
SpoilerShow
those are refuse disposal pits for mulching garbage. they have no other function.