[MOD] Wrath of the Gorgons v1.2 now released

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
ene

Re: [MOD] Wrath of the Gorgons v1.2 now released

Post by ene »

Sorry Wasp, I've just realized there's a stair looking closely at the map again (quite embarrassing :) ).
Anyway it seems I already got there but don't remember anything about it!

South-east of the map you said? Ok, I'm going right now. We wiil see what happens... ty!
ene

Post by ene »

Ok, now I remember. Unfortunately I only found one blue gem. Can't say where I got the one that is already in the head. I have no clue where is the other one.
ene

Post by ene »

I found the place - but have no key. Down the pit, there is nothing but locked gates.

edit: I think I can see the key. How do I get there please?
ene

Post by ene »

I found the skull key by revisiting Gateway to Hades (missed it the first time for some reason). It also unlocks one of the gate down the pit, revealing another area to explore. Hopefully the key needed to get the 2nd blue gem is around here.

Making some progress at last :D
WaspUK1966

Post by WaspUK1966 »

It is :)
ene

Post by ene »

OK, finished it. I've mostly liked the first dungeons with the snails'/skeletons casting spells, was completely new + plus the fireballs in corridors, spikes, movable walls... Great stress. I appreciated that part of the mod. My game took forever to complete since I missed the damn skull key the first time :roll:

Anyway, a solid mod, if a bit too short. Worth a play. I'm glad I can put it behind me and move on :D

@Wasp: thank you for your availability and help, it is always appreciated.
WaspUK1966

Post by WaspUK1966 »

Anytime. Glad you enjoyed it :)

George
dogmirian

Post by dogmirian »

Hi, thanks for this mod.
I am having a little difficulty though.
I have retrieved the scroll of athena (sorry for the romanization of the names) and I've fought my way through to what I presume to be the spider den.
Problem is once I've destroyed the egg sack that blocks my way it triggers fire that erupts all over the den and it never goes away.
I've tried a couple of suicide charges to scope out the den to see if there are any safe places, which there are two of on either side, but the only object in them is a pickaxe and I don't have enough health to run back out afterwards.
There is also a
SpoilerShow
hidden door straight across from me, but it opens too slowly for me to wait for it, and I've tried running in to trigger it and running back out, but I don't make it even when just walking backwards.
I feel like there has to be an easy solution to this, but aside from walking around all three levels to try and find a hidden button I didn't push on some wall, I have no idea what it could be.

P.S. I have tried casting all the spells I know including the ice spikes one just encase you could put the fire out like that.
WaspUK1966

Post by WaspUK1966 »

Hi. Thanks for the post. Yes there is an easy solution to this :)
SpoilerShow
You will notice that the egg sack that causes the fire is sitting on a pressure plate. Once you destroy the egg and start the fire, just place any item on the plate and the fire will go out after a few seconds. Then you can safely proceed.
Hope this helps.

George
gylippos

Post by gylippos »

Hello.
I've been enjoying this mod a lot, but am stuck with the essence of water in the chamber of illusions. I believe that I need this to go with the other two essences below. I can't work out how to get it from the water. Holding your breath as the hint says results in death. What do I do?