FINISTERRAE version 2.3

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Duncan1246

Re: FINISTERRAE version 2.3

Post by Duncan1246 »

Hi Kobus,
To get the blue gem, you have to use life and death carved runes in the spirit chamber.
The walkthrough says: "Spirit-Matter : access to the upper floor that allows you , after a new struggle to recover a magic wand, and , placing the life and death runes on pedestals , unlock the objects of two adjacent rooms and get a blue gem ". That's it
Cheers
Duncan
The Blue Monastery (LOG1)
download at:http://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods/399/?

Finisterrae(LOG2)
download at:http://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/61/?
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Question:
Do the turtles respawn constantly at the start of game?
I guess they do along with a ton of other things...

I think the respawn is wow extreme... invis is pretty much required
Also all this food were talking God Mode farmer party in just a few hours of cycling respawns.

The lore and story is really interesting thus far so I am intrigued to keep playing. Of course I am wondering if I should just go back and make a farmer party and sit on main beach and become a fat god before even starting... haha
I wonder if it might be better to have some sort of weekly cycle of respawns
Duncan1246

Post by Duncan1246 »

Hi sapientCrow,
You are right, this respawn is probably too generous, but if you return on this beach three or four times to kill the turtles, you wil have a little surprise... and no more turtles meat. :mrgreen:

Finisterrae(LOG2)
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

I am curious do all respawns have something that can be done to stop them from happening? I can understand the turtles and maybe the Lizards for farmers but it seems like every single area has some type of respawn that is triggered by certain tiles.
You have all this cool writing and things to puzzle out and think about and so many times in the middle of reading or thinking I am getting snipes by a crowern or shot in the head by a ratling...

There is a mention in a Note about Ice lizards and killing them all before midnight or something... so does that mean all mobs can theoretically be halted from respawning if I am lucky enough to wipe them all out during a cycle?
Does the turtle surprise you mention require killing all turtles multiple times?

On shops I have only found one. Do they exist in many places and does it require me to invis to the shopkeeper and not attack a single ratling in the area?

It is a very interesting mod with the design and the different unique puzzles. I especially liked the usage of balancing rune tiles in the beginning as if I was learning to master runic magick and was rewarded for it. I also appreciate the book which holds things I have read in it. I was beginning to think as I began that I would have entire bags of notes and scrolls... haha
I do not think the book should auto fill with lore and knowledge though. it should only store notes and scrolls we find. And it does not seem to store maps which would be nice.

thanks for the response and the mod!

another question...
I do not understand the levers and buttons in Underwaste. I push the single button something happens I pull levers things happen. I push the 5 buttons nothing happens. I get to a place where I see a red light lit. I also have the note 5 up 4 down 1 down. I do not know which one is which number though as in facing north? Also the levers do not do the same thing at all and I read the note where it says buttons are supposed to halt the mechanism but they do not.
Duncan1246

Post by Duncan1246 »

Hi sapientCrow,
do all respawns have something that can be done to stop them from happening?
Some respawns (ice lizards for example) can be stopped, and it can be sometimes more than useful... One of the mains tasks in the story is directly linked with a specific respawn (up to you to find why)
On shops I have only found one. Do they exist in many places and does it require me to invis to the shopkeeper and not attack a single ratling in the area?

Shops are only found in Flame River's Quarry. The ratlings can be killed but they can give you some clues and some help, so don't kill them at once (you know, as you do in any shop :lol: ).
It is a very interesting mod with the design and the different unique puzzles. I especially liked the usage of balancing rune tiles in the beginning as if I was learning to master runic magick and was rewarded for it. I also appreciate the book which holds things I have read in it. I was beginning to think as I began that I would have entire bags of notes and scrolls... haha
I do not think the book should auto fill with lore and knowledge though. it should only store notes and scrolls we find. And it does not seem to store maps which would be nice.

I am glad you find useful the Magic Book. It was hard for me to build it. It's purpose is to store only the main texts and to help you to find what to do next. The world is open, so you can go almost everywhere very fast, BUT be careful: some things have to be done in a precise order, and the book can help you to find this order.
For the level system: you have five bridges and the buttons acts on several of them at once. Use "one button, one lever" as the wall text says, and use the button on the left to reinitialize. Face to the five buttons panel, use the clue to find one of the solutions (you can choose to raise or down the bridges depending of the level you move). Two solutions can be found: one to cross from south to north on upper level, one to cross from east to west on lower level). As some bridges are hard to see from the platform, a light shows when the bridge is in place. Each solution needs to use 2 or more times the panel and the levers. Good luck.
A bit more:
SpoilerShow
assume that buttons 1,2,3 are in central column from up to bottom, 4 on the left, 5 on the right
Good game!
Duncan

Finisterrae(LOG2)
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Duncan1246 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:16 pm Hi sapientCrow,
do all respawns have something that can be done to stop them from happening?
Some respawns (ice lizards for example) can be stopped, and it can be sometimes more than useful... One of the mains tasks in the story is directly linked with a specific respawn (up to you to find why)

Shops are only found in Flame River's Quarry. The ratlings can be killed but they can give you some clues and some help, so don't kill them at once (you know, as you do in any shop :lol: ).

I am glad you find useful the Magic Book. It was hard for me to build it. It's purpose is to store only the main texts and to help you to find what to do next. The world is open, so you can go almost everywhere very fast, BUT be careful: some things have to be done in a precise order, and the book can help you to find this order.
For the level system: you have five bridges and the buttons acts on several of them at once. Use "one button, one lever" as the wall text says, and use the button on the left to reinitialize. Face to the five buttons panel, use the clue to find one of the solutions (you can choose to raise or down the bridges depending of the level you move). Two solutions can be found: one to cross from south to north on upper level, one to cross from east to west on lower level). As some bridges are hard to see from the platform, a light shows when the bridge is in place. Each solution needs to use 2 or more times the panel and the levers. Good luck.
A bit more:
SpoilerShow
assume that buttons 1,2,3 are in central column from up to bottom, 4 on the left, 5 on the right
Good game!
Duncan
Ahh... Well I have killed the Rats in Wrecked Cape. I am able to speak to the ones in Aerion where they want to sell me food. And in Underwaste I am not sure do they speak to me. If I climb in Aerion and attack any Rat the whole base attacks me. And Wrecked Cape by the time I managed to get to the place that looked like a shop I had already killed Ratlings so perhaps there was another shop. There is a bar type place in Underwaste but I am not sure how to get to that one without any hostility unless Wrecked cape made them hostile.

for the levers is one lever for down and one for up? and you say the buttons pressing one then using levers or pressing buttons then using levers. I assumed I could lock each bridge in place once I raised or lowered them but that does not work. Also the doorways that raise for the bridges only seem to do so for 5 when the bridge is being raised from below not when it reaches a level position. Do these correspond to a secret or is it just mobility? Besides the essence creation table I can get around the level it seems without using bridges and just diving in water. I am just curious if it opens another secret somewhere if I get those positions correct. I just have not been able to figure out the correlation between button and lever. Does pressing it hold it in place for the lever pull once and after that another button press is required? Sorry for the lengthy question... After reading that they can get jammed and potentially moving east to west or north to south can break the mechanism I left it alone. Can it actually break?
Duncan1246

Post by Duncan1246 »

Hi,
You are right, I have forgotten Aerion shops but they are not so important, and sooner or later you have to kill all the rats in Aerion, the same in Wreck Cap and Underwaste. The only worthy ratlings are those of Flame River.
For the levers, one down and one up, it's right but do one thing at the time and look the different moves after one button and one lever BEFORE new action. If you do so, the whole thing will be more simple to understand. The mechanism support a bunch of silly things and the left button replace all in the initial state, so you can use it again and again. The wood portcullis prevents some moves on the down level, that's all.
The last door to the West can't be reached without the bridge and it's absolutely necessary to reach it one day or another before the end.
Underwaste is full of secrets : three more in the bridge house for example, so take the time to find them (or return later). Some clues on these secrets can be found in place, other clues are in other parts of Underwaste, and more in others maps far away from Underwaste... :twisted:

Duncan

Finisterrae(LOG2)
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Duncan1246 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:15 am Hi,
You are right, I have forgotten Aerion shops but they are not so important, and sooner or later you have to kill all the rats in Aerion, the same in Wreck Cap and Underwaste. The only worthy ratlings are those of Flame River.
For the levers, one down and one up, it's right but do one thing at the time and look the different moves after one button and one lever BEFORE new action. If you do so, the whole thing will be more simple to understand. The mechanism support a bunch of silly things and the left button replace all in the initial state, so you can use it again and again. The wood portcullis prevents some moves on the down level, that's all.
The last door to the West can't be reached without the bridge and it's absolutely necessary to reach it one day or another before the end.
Underwaste is full of secrets : three more in the bridge house for example, so take the time to find them (or return later). Some clues on these secrets can be found in place, other clues are in other parts of Underwaste, and more in others maps far away from Underwaste... :twisted:

Duncan
Ok great I was wondering if I had messed something up by killing them. Seems almost impossible not to.

So in Mausoleum of Thirds I figured out the grave riddle and am by wall that reads about the Prices of Nemed masters of Water. Do I find more information somewhere that helps with that wall riddle or is the clue in the riddle itself? All I know now is its a 3x3 grid with potentially water as one of the buttons. However it is a 3 button combo without a start point so that is a lot of combos for brute force... I tried using The rune knowledge with the mediator in all variants I believe with no luck...
Duncan1246

Post by Duncan1246 »

Hi,
One thing to say first: as all ways are open at once, I don't know what you have already seen (or read) and what you haven't discover yet. As I don't want to spoil blindly all the mod, the only thing I can tell you is: remember Under the Cape, the nine runes, their associations and you can find quickly how to open this door... of a mausoleum :idea:

Duncan

Finisterrae(LOG2)
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Duncan1246 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:46 pm Hi,
One thing to say first: as all ways are open at once, I don't know what you have already seen (or read) and what you haven't discover yet. As I don't want to spoil blindly all the mod, the only thing I can tell you is: remember Under the Cape, the nine runes, their associations and you can find quickly how to open this door... of a mausoleum :idea:

Duncan
SpoilerShow
Ahh I thought I had tried all of them. Why exactly am I supposed to know to use life death and its mediator or is it just knowledge of the book?