Isle of Gunger

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
sapientCrow

Re: Isle of Gunger

Post by sapientCrow »

I rarely if at all ever do this but... really??

I actually liked the design of the Mod for the most part. I like the more in depth secret areas and secret areas that lead to others. Some basic puzzle but not really.

However this end boss Gunger... are you serious? He shields and summons clones non stop. I am in a very small room with 20+ clones all shooting different magick trying to figure out which one he is to hit him. It is like insta death. I actually and almost never do this cheated and spawned healing crystals just to get past this ridiculousness. And then you do it a second time?? Wow!!

The mod is pretty good except you seriously need to tone down boss fight that was just a cruel joke. I am a veteran player. I play all mods on hard. That fight was just unwinnable with the dps output I had in the time before he spawned another set of clones. It is like you did not want to to be completed.

Like I said up to that point it was ok. I could even handle the Kings army room with invis of course and running through and opening the door to that little room. But Gunger he sees invis and he just constantly spawns clones so there is no way to go defensive with him. Its all aggressive or you will have a room of clones. Too much too much too much!!
I would recommend really toning that down and also telling people that invis is pretty much required for a few places.
DonEmilio

Re: Isle of Gunger

Post by DonEmilio »

I passed the mod on Hard difficulty level in a total time of about 9 hours. With a new group of 2 barbarians, a rogue and a wizard.

Levels visited: 19 out of 19
Secrets discovered: 14 out of 15 (I wonder what it would leave me)
Epic items: 8 out of 8
Treasures found: 3 out of 3
Skulls found: 5
Essences found: 5

What I liked the most is that almost all the time I was advancing and the puzzles were easy but still being puzzles, which is how I think it should be in this kind of games, because it is an RPG and not an "graphic adventure" game (for the record, I always love adventure games).

The combat of "The King's Army" I could pass it by little, I didn't have an alchemist but a rogue (with alchemy, throwing and accuaracy) I made 4 big potions of healing for each character in front, wearing the best armor found so far (light and heavy) and throwing force shield (of maximum duration because I had the concentration at level 5) on one side, normal swords and electricity bombs that I had created with alchemy level 5. I had to try many times until I could overcome that fight.

Regarding the combat against Gunger, sometimes it can be very complicated and sometimes very easy, if with the special attack of the Ancient Claymore sword you hit the real (not a clone) you can take half of my life, the trick is to move at all times so that the clones can not hurt you. You can also use the force field spell to close off sides you don't want to be attacked from.

There is also a first boss fight (two ratlinks) in a not very big space that can be very difficult if you have created a weak group at the beginning (for example of 3 rogues and a mage).

There are almost no good throwable weapons (I only found no more than 6 or 7 knives and 4 or 5 shurikens, no axes), if I were to play this mod again the rogue or alchemist I would put the experience points in light weapons or projectile weapons.

The puzzle of the switches in "Underwater Cave" was repetitive and long for me, it would have been better if there were less switches to find.

I was curious to investigate more in depth "Foggy Lake", there was a lack of an underwater breathing spell.

I saw a couple of small bugs: In the castle a couple of spiders were on their backs and didn't attack, I also saw a torch in the air somewhere (although I don't remember where).

Another good thing about this mod is that the notes and texts found throughout the game are clear and summarized, this may seem silly, but it is a great help for people who do not have native English.

Congratulations to the creator, thanks a lot.