Isle of Gunger

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
hansbleeb

Re: Isle of Gunger

Post by hansbleeb »

what are the best weapons against gunger? and there are several gungers!
is er 1 real? and can you only deafeat 1 gunger? . in the room earlier the red life bar was suddenly away and a secret wall opens wit the master key i cast several meteor storm spells to him (them)
Modraneth

Post by Modraneth »

hansbleeb wrote:what are the best weapons against gunger? and there are several gungers!
is er 1 real? and can you only deafeat 1 gunger? . in the room earlier the red life bar was suddenly away and a secret wall opens wit the master key i cast several meteor storm spells to him (them)
SpoilerShow
The real Gunger only can be found in the Gunger Rom.
The previous ones are clones he create. (and u will see 1 of is clones only to warn u, he wont attack u and he only have 1hp its just a mirage)
when u reach the Gunger Rom and the Boss Fight start Gunger create more clones, so u will fight like 6 Clones and the real Gunger at the same time.
the best choose is to kill all the clones and when u found the real one u can just run away or dont let him go. the clones have 100hp each and the Gunger have 2000.
another thing he and his clones can create magical shields to block 200 damage (+/-)
its a really hard fight to do.
on my team i use 2 full HP+Damage (a fighter and a Barbarian) and i have the skill to max.
the other 2 are a magician and a archer (so i have alot of ranged attack, the ranger have full critic and missile damage and the magician have full fire and concentration)
if u have meteor storm just use the fireball to take the clones down. only use the meteor storm when u are certain that u are fighting the real Gunger.
Mods:
Isle of Gunger
The Bloody Path Dropped
A World of Power work in progress
Modraneth

Post by Modraneth »

RMariano wrote:Finished!! I thoroughly enjoyed this map... its among the best AFAIK.

CHEERS!
eLPuSHeR wrote:I just finished it too but I had a very bad time fighting Gunger. Most annoying.

Anyway, congratulations on a very nice mod.
it can be to easy to win right ? :twisted:
thank you, its nice to see people enjoying my work
Congrats :)
Mods:
Isle of Gunger
The Bloody Path Dropped
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

My fault was that I only had melee NPCs.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
TinyZu

Post by TinyZu »

Good old Underwater Caves. First you make me do a blind dive, then you trap me down here, and then you give me a wall button that doesn't even do anything in its vicinity. You know what's worse than wall buttons needed for progress? Underwater wall buttons needed for progress and wall buttons that make you methodically walk through the entire map once again hoping to find out what they did. Cut down on that nonsense and try to implement some actual puzzles, hm? I believe in you, mate. Others managed to do it too - in their first mods no less.

Blatant edit:

I shouldn't be too hard on you given you only have like a month's worth of experience, but I'm sorry, this was not enjoyable. It started out okay. Deliberate boss room layout, a hint of tension without torches, but then Mr. Tedious showed up. In the grand scheme of things, this mod contains nothing but staring at walls, trial and error, uninspired encounters, and tons of empty space for no reason.

Would I recommend this to anyone? No. Would I recommend you to keep modding if you were having fun and if you really feel like exploring all the fancy shtuff you can do with this engine? Yes.
bacchus1974

Post by bacchus1974 »

ok i test your mod
Modraneth

Post by Modraneth »

TinyZu wrote:Good old Underwater Caves. First you make me do a blind dive, then you trap me down here, and then you give me a wall button that doesn't even do anything in its vicinity. You know what's worse than wall buttons needed for progress? Underwater wall buttons needed for progress and wall buttons that make you methodically walk through the entire map once again hoping to find out what they did. Cut down on that nonsense and try to implement some actual puzzles, hm? I believe in you, mate. Others managed to do it too - in their first mods no less.

Blatant edit:

I shouldn't be too hard on you given you only have like a month's worth of experience, but I'm sorry, this was not enjoyable. It started out okay. Deliberate boss room layout, a hint of tension without torches, but then Mr. Tedious showed up. In the grand scheme of things, this mod contains nothing but staring at walls, trial and error, uninspired encounters, and tons of empty space for no reason.

Would I recommend this to anyone? No. Would I recommend you to keep modding if you were having fun and if you really feel like exploring all the fancy shtuff you can do with this engine? Yes.
dude all wall buttons work, every people make it u only dont find the way
then u are blaming me for the only map where u need to pay close attention the the walls, its the only one, and ya its a trap and u need to make it
button walls and explore its a part of the game if u dont like it, u can play maps without buttons

other people enjoy it, i know that not all people like to do the same things, because of that i make this with alot of different stuff, if u dont like 1 part of the map try explore another zone
Mods:
Isle of Gunger
The Bloody Path Dropped
TinyZu

Post by TinyZu »

Unfortunately, my friend, I did beat your mod. Aside from me not having the time of my life with it, I provided objective observations.

Take a look at your supposed puzzles. "This lever / button works. These don't work or are not needed. Try out the rest to eventually find a specific combination." If that's not the definition of trial and error, I don't know what is. Let's not forget the teleporters. Two to three times do you impose this onto the player. Aside from the last one that has a hidden sequence you need to follow, these really only require some minor memorization and therefore don't cause the player to feel accomplished by solving them because they're truthfully just busy work.

As for the empty space, it is what it is. Just long hallways that serve no purpose. Was the intention to make the player feel anxious because nothing had happened in a while? Could be worse. Most of these paths only throw occasional skeletons or other relatively weak enemies at you. This ties into your connections between activators and receivers as well. Why is it necessary to walk through the entirety of a map that was nearly empty in the first place to find that one wall that opened up from you flipping that lever on the other side of the map so you can find a wall button whose effect you then need to find somewhere else once more? This is not exploration. You don't find anything interesting. The mod just forces you to walk the same lengthy paths twice or more with no incentive other than to do what the mod requires you to do. This doesn't add anything but tedium. Talking about the home of the acolyte and his undead buddies here in case you assume I'm only bothered by the Underwater Cave.

This leads to the next topic of uninspired encounters. Some modders seem to believe that throwing tons of dudes at the player is fine because the Barren Desert in the vanilla game does it. The difference is the map layout that provides you with multiple spots to hide - two very close by if you notice them - and take on enemies at your own pace. Meanwhile, you just open a bunch of walls and presto, heaven or hell, let's rock. Hilariously, the biggest offender of this design choice is a cakewalk if you walk through the place with Invisibility. Then, the area that comes next has you fight spiders one on one with some of them not even reacting to your attacks as they sit in their corner? Something's off here, don't you think?

For the reasons stated above, I cannot recommend this mod in good conscience. You probably think I'm some sort of grumpy person trying to divert attention from your mod to someone else's for superficial reasons. In actuality, negative feedback is the most valuable feedback you could ask for. If nobody is willing to tell you about the problem areas in your mod because they didn't really care, you run the risk of repeating them and causing people to really lose their nerve because they ran into the same obnoxious situation in two or more of your mods. If not that, they would get bored and pay no further attention to your mods on the assumption that your originally uninspired designs aren't improving.

I did give you the benefit of the doubt though. It's okay to just test the waters in your first mod, familiarize yourself with how the scripting works, see if you like modding enough to work on a more sophisticated project in the future. This third aspect especially is the reason why I tend to come across as unusually harsh in my feedback. Since you cared enough to respond in the first place, I decided to give you detailed reasons as to where this mod is lacking and what you should be aware of when working on your next mod. It's a growing process after all.

If this was the only mod you were ever going to make, I apologize for making you read through that enormous wall of text above. Thank you for your attention either way~
Modraneth

Post by Modraneth »

TinyZu wrote:Unfortunately, my friend, I did beat your mod. Aside from me not having the time of my life with it, I provided objective observations.

Take a look at your supposed puzzles. "This lever / button works. These don't work or are not needed. Try out the rest to eventually find a specific combination." If that's not the definition of trial and error, I don't know what is. Let's not forget the teleporters. Two to three times do you impose this onto the player. Aside from the last one that has a hidden sequence you need to follow, these really only require some minor memorization and therefore don't cause the player to feel accomplished by solving them because they're truthfully just busy work.

As for the empty space, it is what it is. Just long hallways that serve no purpose. Was the intention to make the player feel anxious because nothing had happened in a while? Could be worse. Most of these paths only throw occasional skeletons or other relatively weak enemies at you. This ties into your connections between activators and receivers as well. Why is it necessary to walk through the entirety of a map that was nearly empty in the first place to find that one wall that opened up from you flipping that lever on the other side of the map so you can find a wall button whose effect you then need to find somewhere else once more? This is not exploration. You don't find anything interesting. The mod just forces you to walk the same lengthy paths twice or more with no incentive other than to do what the mod requires you to do. This doesn't add anything but tedium. Talking about the home of the acolyte and his undead buddies here in case you assume I'm only bothered by the Underwater Cave.

This leads to the next topic of uninspired encounters. Some modders seem to believe that throwing tons of dudes at the player is fine because the Barren Desert in the vanilla game does it. The difference is the map layout that provides you with multiple spots to hide - two very close by if you notice them - and take on enemies at your own pace. Meanwhile, you just open a bunch of walls and presto, heaven or hell, let's rock. Hilariously, the biggest offender of this design choice is a cakewalk if you walk through the place with Invisibility. Then, the area that comes next has you fight spiders one on one with some of them not even reacting to your attacks as they sit in their corner? Something's off here, don't you think?

For the reasons stated above, I cannot recommend this mod in good conscience. You probably think I'm some sort of grumpy person trying to divert attention from your mod to someone else's for superficial reasons. In actuality, negative feedback is the most valuable feedback you could ask for. If nobody is willing to tell you about the problem areas in your mod because they didn't really care, you run the risk of repeating them and causing people to really lose their nerve because they ran into the same obnoxious situation in two or more of your mods. If not that, they would get bored and pay no further attention to your mods on the assumption that your originally uninspired designs aren't improving.

I did give you the benefit of the doubt though. It's okay to just test the waters in your first mod, familiarize yourself with how the scripting works, see if you like modding enough to work on a more sophisticated project in the future. This third aspect especially is the reason why I tend to come across as unusually harsh in my feedback. Since you cared enough to respond in the first place, I decided to give you detailed reasons as to where this mod is lacking and what you should be aware of when working on your next mod. It's a growing process after all.

If this was the only mod you were ever going to make, I apologize for making you read through that enormous wall of text above. Thank you for your attention either way~
ty for ur feedback
sorry for the late reply, i dont have mush time.
i will take your opinion in consideration on my next mod
i hope u will ike it more
Mods:
Isle of Gunger
The Bloody Path Dropped
paulclementi

Post by paulclementi »

I am stuck in the underwater Cave. I have found three buttons. One opens a small passage to a small prize. The other two don't seem to do anything. Could someone fill me in on the next step to complete this area. I have included a screen shot of where the buttons are located by feathers./Users/Paul/Desktop/Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 12.57.18 PM.png