The Island of Korus

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
DusnA

Re: The Island of Korus

Post by DusnA »

So far one of the best mod I have played.. Really enjoyed, but.. :) ---
SpoilerShow
I am stuck and already "getting hungry" ... :) Problems: Cannot find the last Magic gem.. have collected only 15.. I know that there is one Troll in these "water levels"... I can hear him, but cannot reach him.. that's one..
Second - I have dropped the Backbiter somewhere and really don't remember where...arrrggghh. :) so I guess this makes my "press all the desks" task somehow difficult.. I will have to search everything by steps.. :( just a suggestion - don't you wanna give some tip somewhere in the start of the game ... like a "Making some garbage items warehouse spot is not a bad idea..." - so people know where they drop unnecesary stuff... maybe.. ??
.... And the third thing - I am getting little mad from that quest "lead the ugly green slime thing to a designed spot..." --- I think that is the place where I got stuck one night and got actually hungrly.. :) There is one cage which - I guess - I should open to make the way, but cannot open it ... it is a vertical one in upper-right part of the labyrint (watching from the buttons spot...
Well.. I guess you can't help me much.. doesn't matter. I will starve little more :) ..
Yeah... and just remembered one more thing.. actually... that hint "use your eyes and ears" - to find some hidden pressure plate (?) ... cannot find it.. I play on middle graphic setup (playing on the laptop), would it be possible that I can't see it because of the graphic details... ??? Is it near to the spot where you get the advice or ..??
Thanks a lot for doing this great mod..!!
ian363

Post by ian363 »

Nathaniel wrote:Hi guys! :D

For the second time I have decided to play this addon again. Very interesting story and the gameplay! :-) :-)

This time I am also in the final stages of the game but can't solve this problem. At the level of "Lost Dungeon" is one contraption with a bunch of mummies and two force fields behind bars. What do I do with this? I have found a note in which there is a speech about leprechaun. I tried to drive it into the torture room and locked in a cage with fire. But didn't notice anything... What is there to do in this room with mummies?
SpoilerShow
sorry I haven't had a question for so long I stopped looking out for them.
SpoilerShow
The fire trap is just a way of killing things quickly. The big room is where the mummy's respawn you can't do anything with the device.
ian363

Post by ian363 »

DusnA wrote:So far one of the best mod I have played.. Really enjoyed, but.. :) ---
SpoilerShow
I am stuck and already "getting hungry" ... :) Problems: Cannot find the last Magic gem.. have collected only 15.. I know that there is one Troll in these "water levels"... I can hear him, but cannot reach him.. that's one..
Second - I have dropped the Backbiter somewhere and really don't remember where...arrrggghh. :) so I guess this makes my "press all the desks" task somehow difficult.. I will have to search everything by steps.. :( just a suggestion - don't you wanna give some tip somewhere in the start of the game ... like a "Making some garbage items warehouse spot is not a bad idea..." - so people know where they drop unnecesary stuff... maybe.. ??
.... And the third thing - I am getting little mad from that quest "lead the ugly green slime thing to a designed spot..." --- I think that is the place where I got stuck one night and got actually hungrly.. :) There is one cage which - I guess - I should open to make the way, but cannot open it ... it is a vertical one in upper-right part of the labyrint (watching from the buttons spot...
Well.. I guess you can't help me much.. doesn't matter. I will starve little more :) ..
Yeah... and just remembered one more thing.. actually... that hint "use your eyes and ears" - to find some hidden pressure plate (?) ... cannot find it.. I play on middle graphic setup (playing on the laptop), would it be possible that I can't see it because of the graphic details... ??? Is it near to the spot where you get the advice or ..??
Sorry I haven't been checking for posts as no one posted for ages. It has been so long since I did the game I will need to load up the maps to answer your question, I get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks Ian
ian363

Post by ian363 »

DusnA wrote:So far one of the best mod I have played.. Really enjoyed, but.. :) ---
SpoilerShow
OK I've checked using the editor

Food
SpoilerShow
Hint use the 'useful signs' to respawn food monsters
Magic gems
SpoilerShow
They are only found on Dark Acolytes, so kill all 16 for 16 gems
Do you mean Ogre not troll and when you say water level do you mean under castle?
SpoilerShow
To get to ogres try both 'challenges' east side of map
Backbiter
SpoilerShow
Is found on ratling on entering lakes area. You need it to get to one of the pressure plates but I don't know where you dropped it!
Use eyes and ears.
SpoilerShow
go to the west side of the castle grounds and look towards the centre building. Drop something on the ground and you will hear a click and see the particle bridge appear.
The green slime puzzle is a tough one
SpoilerShow
the buttons open and close gates in sets of two. You can't just push a set order to open the way. You have to move the slime on one step at a time, closing gates behind it and opening gates in front of it.
Allanius2

Post by Allanius2 »

Hi. I'm enjoying this mod very much. I am stuck in one area and am not sure if I missed something or did something wrong:
SpoilerShow
I tried going down into the NW Training Area, but there seems to be no way to enter via the stairs due to the two doors and no buttons, so I tried jumping down the well in the NW Depot. I explore the entire area, and completed a full circle around the entrance. I see that the outer door is open, but the inner door is still closed.
Please help. Thanks

EDIT:
Tried that dungeon from the beginning and somehow got the doors open.

I'd like to bring one logical error to your attention: In the Rocky Shore area where the ratlings are inside an enclosed area, you have placed an Assassin's Dagger inside the enclosure. Unfortunately, you placed the dagger on a table against a wall which can be reached through and as such, the dagger is easy to get through the wall. Just food for thought if you decide to make an update or for future projects.
Allanius2

Post by Allanius2 »

I am having difficulty finding food. I have been fishing in the lakes and the city and seem to be eating food faster than I can get it.
Martin

Post by Martin »

I've just finished this excellent dungeon and have to say it's as good as any I've played. The story is well thought out, and the gentle humour is a great feature. Quite clearly a great deal of effort has been put into planning the landscapes to give great views from the tops of buildings, ladders etc. I especially like the shallow sea area with shipwrecks that have scattered goods to be plundered, and the silted up drainage channel just shows how much thought has been put into making this landscape feel real. A really professional piece of work. As an experienced programmer I have also been impressed that such a well thought out and immersive game can be achieved with almost no additional coding. This should encourage less experienced game builders to have a go themselves.

I know the developer is working on another dungeon, and I'm really looking forward playing it.

If you haven't done so already - download this one now!

M.
MarcoScherer

Post by MarcoScherer »

Awesome mod! Really really digged it a lot.

Although there were some riddles that gave me headaches:
1. The maze riddle: I could only solve it with looking into this posting. I tried to put the clubs into the tubes and even tried throwing them, but as there was no optical feedback and no sound, I didn't feel this was the right way.
2. I didn't solve the green slime riddle. It's just not possible to see where you have to guide it and the cage is way too big.
3. Couldn't find the missing meteor suite parts, as I didn't understand what "The dead end at 1926" means. I searched the whole maze for switches, but found nothing.
4. And I couldn't manage to find out what the "One teleporter off" switch does in the maze.
5. Ah, and the cube key: I had it but didn't know that I've got to use it in the sewers. The lock looks totally different.

Besides that the mod gave me lotsa hours of fun! Hope to see more :)
trancelistic

Post by trancelistic »

Really good mod. I've enjoyed it altho I was stuck a few times.
Really nice work mate.

Sadly I'm now totaly stuck. I can't find the last crystal:(
SpoilerShow
Is it behind the bow and 10 x 10 arrows and dream puzzle? I can't seem to solve that one.:(
Or do I need to find a shovel to dig? I haven't found that one either lol
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

Sorry for the delay, regarding the location of the shovel
SpoilerShow
The shovel is located in the NE Ruins just behind the Karmer Pyramid. It's right next to the other entrance (the hole in the ground)