[Release] [1.2] Artifacts of Might

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
eLPuSHeR

Re: [Release] [1.0] Artifacts of Might

Post by eLPuSHeR »

Where is the readme? I have tried downloading it but I don't see any link.

And by the way... I already tried to break down the door but I was discouraged because when you try to do it with a melee weapon it always says MISS. A bad implementation for my taste. Also, the button in the crack is completely invisible, that is, it doesn't look a button at all. I am not a big fan of "pixel hunting".
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
minmay

Post by minmay »

eLPuSHeR wrote:Where is the readme? I have tried downloading it but I don't see any link.
The readme is included both in the zip file you downloaded and on the Nexus page itself under the "README" tab.
eLPuSHeR wrote:And by the way... I already tried to break down the door but I was discouraged because when you try to do it with a melee weapon it always says MISS. A bad implementation for my taste.
You mean on the champion's hands? This is essentially impossible to change without breaking door functionality, which is kind of important for an object that literally is a door. Surely you noticed the sound and the dust and splinters when you hit the door...it'd be better to change to a "damaged" model after the door has taken 1 point of damage, I suppose, but the pack has too many new models already...
eLPuSHeR wrote:Also, the button in the crack is completely invisible, that is, it doesn't look a button at all. I am not a big fan of "pixel hunting".
It's the same model and textures as the LoG1 Dungeon Master Resource, like almost everything else in the mod. I don't like secret buttons either, unfortunately they are a part of the resource pack.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

a very good mod.. i have played the whole night non stop till the end. , playtime 6.27..
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

Thanks. I think I am starting from scratch with a different party...

EDIT: Finished it after starting anew. Nice great module with a lot of custom content. Loved the new weapons and everything else.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
TinyZu

Post by TinyZu »

Well, holy bananas, that was bloody excellent. Yes, I'm necroing this thread to tell you how good your mod is. I don't even know what to criticize besides the lack of diverse throwing weapons! I was never bored, never annoyed for too long, always had somewhere else to explore if I was stuck, nothing felt cheap, everything looked fantastic, and there were so many crafty puzzles and riddles the vanilla game would be proud to have.

And to think this is an example dungeon that supposedly doesn't follow your design philosophy.
Lightangels

Post by Lightangels »

Great mod so far... but i got a problem actually.

I did read the Readme, and i stay stuck. Im looking for the blue gems actually, in the read me you say she are in a dried fountain south of crystal in the crypt.

I think u talk about 4 the little fountain who we full our water ? but there is nothing there ! I clicked everywhere and nothing ! I'm so stuck :/
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Lightangels wrote:Great mod so far... but i got a problem actually.

I did read the Readme, and i stay stuck. Im looking for the blue gems actually, in the read me you say she are in a dried fountain south of crystal in the crypt.

I think u talk about 4 the little fountain who we full our water ? but there is nothing there ! I clicked everywhere and nothing ! I'm so stuck :/
That's right, one of those fountains holds it. Hint: turn off all light. This way you can see the gem sparkle inside the dry fountain.
minmay

Post by minmay »

Lightangels wrote:Great mod so far... but i got a problem actually.

South of the healing crystal, there are four dried-up fountains. The fountain facing east has the blue gem inside it; you can actually see the blue gem inside the basin if you use free look. Click inside the basin to take it. If it's not there, you probably took it already and forgot about it.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
minmay

Re: [Release] [1.1] Artifacts of Might

Post by minmay »

Version 1.1 released! Changes:

Code: Select all

Bug fixes:
- Fixed breakable doors crashing if hit by a non-item projectile with no attack
  power.
- Fixed breakable stone and metal doors not having a particle effect when
  destroyed by fire or lightning spells.
- Fixed a misplaced wall crack.
- Removed an unused (and useless) set of textures.
- Properly attributed Phitt (just learned he made the bookshelves, oops)

New features:
- Breakable doors now show the HitSplash effect in the champion's attack panel
  when they are attacked in melee or with a firearm, along with the damage done
  to the door.
- Waterskins and water flasks now show their nutrition value, and still do not
  give experience to farmers. These objects are no longer volatile; they are
  retained when drunk, poured and refilled instead of being replaced by new
  items.

Tweaks:
- Enabled alpha testing on the dm_chmail_mail material.
- Used a new conversion algorithm to improve the normal maps. Most are still
  low quality because of the DXT1 originals, but the number and severity of
  non-normal pixels should be much lower now, especially in mipmaps. The "good"
  normal maps should be especially improved.
- Greatly improved normal maps for demon heads, stairs, and bloody walls.
- Shrunk some unnecessarily large item textures.
- Adjusted shading on various models (geometry has not changed). Blades look
  much sharper now, and objects like beds and doors should look much better
  in low lighting. The ornate door in particular is greatly improved.
- Improved stair occluder models. They fit more tightly than before, and are
  lower-poly too.
- Made lanterns use the new candle flame particle texture.
- Moved curtain handling out of breakable_door.lua and into curtains'
  controllers, and added minimalSaveState to curtains.
- Made doors.lua a lot more readable.
- Added an extra clue about a secret button.
- Enlarged a secret button.
- Massively improved the performance of the Gardens.
- Added a usage_note for the "original" stair versions.
- Changed the Fungal Pits fire trap to use fireball_medium instead of
  fireball_small (which was too comically small).
- Changed the Depths fire trap to use fireball_large instead of fireball_small.
- Vorpal Blade now uses a horizontal swipe.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
Gabula

Re: [Release] [1.1] Artifacts of Might

Post by Gabula »

Very cool dungeon, i haven't played through it entirely, my party is only level 4, but this is currently the only mod (out of 12) that i have played and would recommend checking out! The dungeon layout is good, the tileset looks beautiful, the scenery design in certain areas is amazing and the puzzles keep you playing.