[MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Whisper

Re: [MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Post by Whisper »

knr wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:14 am Some more questions.

1. What does the lever in the Zo temple pool do? Couldn't notice any changes after it.

2. This one feels kind of silly to ask about, as the hint is literally "the secret button", but I'm stuck after the painting in Tannhauser fortress. An empty 7x7 room doesn't seem big enough to hide a button this well.

3. A lot of books have been used as riddle answers, I guess there's no way to know which ones are safe to sell besides duplicates.
1. Illusion, all is illusion.
2. Just keep clicking, this button does not look like button. It is more part of wall.
3. True.
Tirsk

Post by Tirsk »

Please tell me with this riddle https://ibb.co/RQYqXVn , 656 does not fit, where should there be other clues?
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Tirsk wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:54 am Please tell me with this riddle https://ibb.co/RQYqXVn , 656 does not fit, where should there be other clues?

Look carefully, some things come in pairs, some alone (= need divide pair number by 2)
Tirsk

Post by Tirsk »

Whisper wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:37 am
Look carefully, some things come in pairs, some alone (= need divide pair number by 2)
Damn it :cry: i'm blind.
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

knr wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:14 am Some more questions.

1. What does the lever in the Zo temple pool do? Couldn't notice any changes after it.

2. This one feels kind of silly to ask about, as the hint is literally "the secret button", but I'm stuck after the painting in Tannhauser fortress. An empty 7x7 room doesn't seem big enough to hide a button this well.

3. A lot of books have been used as riddle answers, I guess there's no way to know which ones are safe to sell besides duplicates.
1. It opens a way nearby, but still, you can't see directly that way. Keep searching.

2. That secret button is not like any other button, its part of a wall, and you can see a difference while comparing another wall.

3. Once you have finished those riddle with those books, you can sell them. Generally, the book needed for a riddle is on the same level, so when you finish the riddle, you can store the book and sell it later to the appropriate shop.
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
knr

Post by knr »

Yeah, found those 2 secrets. Still can't see the difference, just clicked every brick on every wall. Some new questions:

1. In the temple, the apparatus detects a secret just north of the meteor shrine, can't find any way to it.

2. In the plaza, it detects a secret just right of the entrance. The city feels like has a bunch of stuff to do after dwarfs, so this might be related to that.

3. Is there any way to return the stolen wine shipment? I otherwise finished the quest by talking to the intendant.

4. On the topic of destroying items in futile attempts to keep the engine from breaking under the strain of this mod, is it safe to destroy all learned spell scrolls?
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

knr wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:51 pm Yeah, found those 2 secrets. Still can't see the difference, just clicked every brick on every wall. Some new questions:

1. In the temple, the apparatus detects a secret just north of the meteor shrine, can't find any way to it.

2. In the plaza, it detects a secret just right of the entrance. The city feels like has a bunch of stuff to do after dwarfs, so this might be related to that.

3. Is there any way to return the stolen wine shipment? I otherwise finished the quest by talking to the intendant.

4. On the topic of destroying items in futile attempts to keep the engine from breaking under the strain of this mod, is it safe to destroy all learned spell scrolls?
1. That is opened by 2 items, one on each side (they are 2 pedestal), and one of this item is a quest item, so be sure to open this secret, before giving the quest item, or you won't have that secret ever.

2. That secret is related to a dialogue in a "drunky" area.
SpoilerShow
In the fierce unicorn tavern, a trickster offer various dialogue, one of them, related to the city, will "activate" that secret, and only after you heard a sound, you'll know that you have "read" the good dialogue. Also to get in the secret, once you get the sound, is related to what you read in the dialogue, but plus or minus a few hour.
3. Nope. the goal was just to activate something that trigger the quest chain to the intendant, once you discover the shippment. All wine can be sold, or drink.

4. Yes. Except if you use a second mage, and maybe later, you want that he learn a few spell.

I'm currently working on a new version, which will remove a "bug" (don't really know if this is a bug, as it comes from the asset pack) of spell spawning from some monsters: goromorg, fire_elemental. It occurs because the spells fireball and poisonbolt are not destroyed (I mean the blast object, like fireball_medium_blast or something) after the particle vanishes.
And that's because those blast object got the fireball screen effect or poison screen effect. Can't find a way to keep those, so I will remove those effect from those spells.

Anyway, the object aren't there anymore, once I removed the screen effect. Need to test it within the game.
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
knr

Post by knr »

bongobeat wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:23 am 1. That is opened by 2 items, one on each side (they are 2 pedestal), and one of this item is a quest item, so be sure to open this secret, before giving the quest item, or you won't have that secret ever.
SpoilerShow
Do you mean placing the priest statue and the black rock on the 2 central pedestals? I did that, and I thought it opened the door next to the pool entrance, with a chest inside. I gave the rock away since I thought I had already used it. If it is used for the meteor shrine secret instead, I didn't see anything when placing the items and I don't know how I opened that door.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

knr wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:32 am
bongobeat wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:23 am 1. That is opened by 2 items, one on each side (they are 2 pedestal), and one of this item is a quest item, so be sure to open this secret, before giving the quest item, or you won't have that secret ever.
SpoilerShow
Do you mean placing the priest statue and the black rock on the 2 central pedestals? I did that, and I thought it opened the door next to the pool entrance, with a chest inside. I gave the rock away since I thought I had already used it. If it is used for the meteor shrine secret instead, I didn't see anything when placing the items and I don't know how I opened that door.
I sent you pm.
knr

Post by knr »

Whisper wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:48 am I sent you pm.
Thank you. In case anyone else ever searches for the answer to this, the secret north of the meteor shrine is accessed by
SpoilerShow
placing an item on the ground next to a lantern at the temple entrance. There's a tiny sparkle on the ground on the correct tile.