[MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
poqwer11

Re: [MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Post by poqwer11 »

marten_1992 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:25 pm tried every possible thing
try to be more attentive on the location!
alois

Post by alois »

bongobeat wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:16 am Together they draw an X, you'll have to place any item on these spots, or simply walk on them, it will desactivate the force field.
I'm afraid that walking on them is not enough (at least, it wasn't for me!).

alois :)
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

marten_1992 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:25 pm hey, this mod is great so far, my only problem is I cannot fix these levers, no idea what to do, tried every possible thing, even arrows but nothing worked, a little hint would be appraciated. btw would you still like me to report typos ?
hey,

according to the wall note, near the castle entrance, you must fix the gate's mechanism.

To do that, you must find "lever arm" items, then use them on the mechanisms.

the first lever is: (spoiler)
SpoilerShow
there is a lever arm (item to pick up) underwater, near the stairs, (yeah I know it's dirty), not easy to see if you got no light
Well, I'm ok with any grammar report. I know there is still some uncomon sentences that maybe need a little clarity.
alois wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:55 pm
bongobeat wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:16 am Together they draw an X, you'll have to place any item on these spots, or simply walk on them, it will desactivate the force field.
I'm afraid that walking on them is not enough (at least, it wasn't for me!).

Ah yes, my mistake, I did a quick look in the editor and I've seen that the party walking was activating the script too, but only if you can be on the 5 plates at the same moment. :lol:
So yeah, only items will do the thing, at least on 4 plates, and you can stand on the last plates to finish the thing.
Last edited by bongobeat on Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

What good setups for parties?

Thinking about mino barb+rat rogue+2 alchemists casters.
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

Whisper wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:38 am What good setups for parties?

Thinking about mino barb+rat rogue+2 alchemists casters.
no idea about that:

I played the mod with a minotaur barbarian, an human (knight or archer), a ratling alchemist, then a battlemage (insectoid or human, I don't remember).

A friend of mine used a minotaur, a ratling, and 2 battlemages. It was more optimized against bossfight to block or to protect the group. The 2 casters are most welcome when casting a forcefield.
With 2 spellcasters, I call it, by exaggeration, a "cheated" team or a "making-difficulty-a-little-more-easier" team. I have nothing against that, but I will certainly offend at least one tester when saying that. :mrgreen:

poqwer11

Post by poqwer11 »

bongobeat Hello! Very beautiful locations, you seem to have spent a lot of time for this, well done!!!
1. I would like to know whether in your work a correctly placed object in a niche is always accompanied by a sound signal, as for example in Darntkhang in a room with four niches?
2. In Sky City, do I need to attack the inhabitants of the archers or will they leave on their own under certain conditions?
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

bongobeat wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:47 pm The 2 casters are most welcome when casting a forcefield.
With 2 spellcasters, I call it, by exaggeration, a "cheated" team or a "making-difficulty-a-little-more-easier" team. I have nothing against that, but I will certainly offend at least one tester when saying that. :mrgreen:
If you think mages too powerful, can always nerf them/remove some spells etc.
I know mods that do not allow mages to use force-field spell. In mod named Eye of Atlantis mages cant cast force-field (there only staff, limited item with charges, that can do it).
bongobeat wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:47 pm A friend of mine used a minotaur, a ratling, and 2 battlemages.
Minotaur barbarian? Ratling knight? Ratling alchemist? Ratling rogue? What ratling class and minotaur class?
poqwer11

Post by poqwer11 »

bongobeat A third question has matured, in addition to the two questions I asked above:
3. I can’t figure out the mine with task 5, 22, 11, 3. I loaded niches in different sequences, but nothing happens! :cry:
alois

Post by alois »

poqwer11 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:47 pm bongobeat A third question has matured, in addition to the two questions I asked above:
3. I can’t figure out the mine with task 5, 22, 11, 3. I loaded niches in different sequences, but nothing happens! :cry:
Me too... tried sum of weights in kg, in hg, number of objects (always starting from the northern alcove), but nothing works :(

bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

poqwer11 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:27 pm bongobeat Hello! Very beautiful locations, you seem to have spent a lot of time for this, well done!!!
1. I would like to know whether in your work a correctly placed object in a niche is always accompanied by a sound signal, as for example in Darntkhang in a room with four niches?
2. In Sky City, do I need to attack the inhabitants of the archers or will they leave on their own under certain conditions?
1. Some riddle use the sound, but not all. Unfortunately I have not modify every riddle in that way. Generally, riddle with more than one alcove are playing a sound when the correct item is placed on them.
2. The archer will never leave until you attack them. Skycity is a friendly city, but it is also full of secrets with good stuff in them, if you want to plunder them, you know what to do.
Attacking the guard has no consequences on any quests. It is not needed, except if you want to have more equipment.
Whisper wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:48 am
bongobeat wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:47 pm The 2 casters are most welcome when casting a forcefield.
If you think mages too powerful, can always nerf them/remove some spells etc.
I know mods that do not allow mages to use force-field spell. In mod named Eye of Atlantis mages cant cast force-field (there only staff, limited item with charges, that can do it).
bongobeat wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:47 pm A friend of mine used a minotaur, a ratling, and 2 battlemages.
Minotaur barbarian? Ratling knight? Ratling alchemist? Ratling rogue? What ratling class and minotaur class?
Well, its not that the dual mages that are specially powerfull, it is the hability to cast double forcefield. Anyway, I'd rather not introduce something like the staff of the Eye of Atlantis mod, which is a very good mod by the way. So, It still allow players the possibility to have more chance in bossfight.
Whenever someone don't want to use them in that way, to maintain an "harder" difficulty, he can always use only one mage to cast a forcefield.

Can't remember the class he used, sorry.