Importing assets from LoG1 mods?

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
spectre900

Importing assets from LoG1 mods?

Post by spectre900 »

I had a few assets and stuff used in my mods for LoG1 and been using some of those for a new mod in LoG2.

Only problem is while the models seem to work just fine the way light is cast on them can be rather buggy, with only parts being highlighted or they actually getting darker in the light to almost completely black.

Since I didn't make these myself I suppose there is little I can do from my end unless there is some sort of trick to fixing these myself.

A lot of the assets coming from the Dungeon Master and Mine tileset available for LoG1.
minmay

Re: Importing assets from LoG1 mods?

Post by minmay »

Did you convert the normal maps?

I have a complete conversion of the Dungeon Master Resource finished already, it will be released as soon as I hear back from germanny.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
spectre900

Post by spectre900 »

minmay wrote:Did you convert the normal maps?

I have a complete conversion of the Dungeon Master Resource finished already, it will be released as soon as I hear back from germanny.
No I haven't touched the maps in any way. But I can give it a try on some of the mine assets.

And nice to hear the DM pack is reworked, I do use a couple of assets from there. Mostly just decorative stuff tho and some weapons. (kinda felt LoG2 was a bit lacking in statues like the Goromorg and Dragon statues and other cool decorative stuff.)
Eleven Warrior

Post by Eleven Warrior »

Hi Minmay. I am happy you did the Dm Set :) Cant wait to see it. Good work champ :)