[Open / Signup] One Room Round Robin 3 - Calling All Modders

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Isaac

Re: [Open / Signup] One Room Round Robin 3 - Calling All Mod

Post by Isaac »

AndakRainor wrote:Is the current version R048 from december?
ORRR3 - R048 - Duncan [12/15/16] is the most current file that I am aware of.
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

Hello people... Is anything coming out of this project one day you think? :? ;)
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

I was asked this morning, what (where) the most recent developer version was (to download).
THOM

Post by THOM »

@Isaac: what's about your contribution?

IIRC you are the last who wanted to add a room, but never did.

If we want to finish this project I think you have to decide soon, if you are in or not... :?
THOM formaly known as tschrage
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

It's true. But I also mentioned that if it had to be released, that it should be —without my room, if I could not make the (whenever decided) deadline.

AFAIK, the rest of the map is still in a very unfinished & incomplete state; not including my room.
aaneton

Post by aaneton »

I think we have waited long enough :lol:

Unless someone is adding rooms right now I think there are enough rooms to make a release. If someone has time, they could just bring the package together with the rooms we have now, make in more connected and cleanup unused areas and the we would test together and release. Any volunteers? :D
My Grimrock mod (LoG1): The Onkalo Project
My Android (and windows desktop) game: Balloon Gentleman
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

aaneton wrote:Unless someone is adding rooms right now I think there are enough rooms to make a release. If someone has time, they could just bring the package together with the rooms we have now, make in more connected and cleanup unused areas and the we would test together and release. Any volunteers? :D
Skuggs asked for the map yesterday —not officially as for editing [afaik].

I think it should be played through start to end by a few designers, to see what's really missing from it. There are placeholder objects, 4th wall text notes —to the effect of "Fix This"; holes in the maps; missing maps, and doubtless other bugs we need to find.

The ORRR2 took us over a year (of fairly regular development), because it was never ready to release... and even when it was released, there were around three or so update patches that followed, and even those never fixed all of the issues, and ~added~ bugs.

The ORRR3 has been on effective hiatus for months. I was working on my room, but never officially... Not in the sense that I've officially had the project for editing. (I would just download whatever the current file was, and update it with my room; with the intention of adding my work whenever I got the file officially.)

BTW: Something in the current ORRR3 breaks this code:

Code: Select all

do
	local item = party:spawn('sack')
	local loot = party:spawn('rotten_pitroot_bread')
	item.containeritem:addItem(loot.item)
end
In a new project, this spawns a sack with rotten bread in it. In the ORRR3, this same script throws an error.
"Attempt to call method 'set' (a nil value)"

I've checked, it is not my modded copy, it is in the current project on Dropbox. #R048
Skuggasveinn

Post by Skuggasveinn »

Isaac wrote:Skuggs asked for the map yesterday —not officially as for editing [afaik].
The reason I asked for it is a sad sad story :oops:
Some months ago I was replacing a hard drive in my computer, I was going to clone the drive and f***ed up in a major way, I cloned the empty new one over the wrong one, not even the one I was going to replace.
In that process I nuked EVERYTHING regarding to Log modding, all my models, textures, music, dungeons I was working on etc etc :cry:

It has taken me some time to get over this, especially since this is so totally on me and cloning a drive is something I have done many times before, I was just not paying attention.

After that I really just moved on to other things (mostly letting people shot me in counter-strike), so I asked for the ORRR3 file just to get some of the assets I made back, other ones I have downloaded from the Nexus, but the sources are lost forever.
Needless to say things are done differently now when it comes to data storage at the house, I safe stuff I create on a local hard drive and it gets automatically pushed to a cloud storage that keeps the last 3 versions of the file.
But to say that this accident but a brake on my LoG modding enjoyment is an understatement ;)

Skuggasveinn.
Link to all my LoG 2 assets on Nexus.
Link to all my LoG 1 assets on Nexus.
minmay

Post by minmay »

Isaac wrote: BTW: Something in the current ORRR3 breaks this code:

Code: Select all

do
	local item = party:spawn('sack')
	local loot = party:spawn('rotten_pitroot_bread')
	item.containeritem:addItem(loot.item)
end
In a new project, this spawns a sack with rotten bread in it. In the ORRR3, this same script throws an error.
"Attempt to call method 'set' (a nil value)"

I've checked, it is not my modded copy, it is in the current project on Dropbox. #R048
The culprit is mod_assets/ext/spells_pack/items/containers.lua, which redefines sack and wooden_box with some useless extra overhead and also introduces this bug. I don't know why we even have that file...
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Komag

Post by Komag »

Skuggasveinn wrote:... I nuked EVERYTHING regarding to Log modding, all my models, textures, music, dungeons I was working on etc etc :cry:

It has taken me some time to get over this
Oh man, I'm so sorry about that! :(

I've never had a bad data loss, so I don't really know how you must have felt, but I'm sure it was hard. I guess you move on to other things, count what's good, etc. I dunno. Getting on the cloud is good though.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play