[Open / Signup] One Room Round Robin 3 - Calling All Modders

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
JohnWordsworth

Re: [Open / Signup] One Room Round Robin 3 - Calling All Mod

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Hi Eburt! Assuming we have a full compliment, and we are giving people a limit of a week to do their rooms, I expect the mod to take about 5-6 months overall. I'd love to do it in half that, and it would be nice if people planned their rooms before getting the dungeon and integrated them over a couple of days, but I'm being realistic and know most people will take a bit longer.

I don't really intend to "close" applications unless we get a full set of modders. Some people will have to drop-out a bit later anyway (and that's fine - that's life) and if that happens, I will try to recruit someone new to fill the spot.

Anyway, what I'm saying is, I can put your name down if you like, and there is no pressure to build your room in the short term (if you would like to be later on the last and build it in a month or two when things have quietened down - that's fine). All I ask is that you keep in touch a little and let us know if you change your mind. :)
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
Eleven Warrior

Post by Eleven Warrior »

Thxs for Room 1 Graveyard. I am working on it now, I basically copied your picture and will wait for the Assets and the level you made :) Thxs again.

EDIT:
I heard Minmay may have the DM3 Pack ready to add to this Mod. I would like to use the following objects from that pack.

1 - All of the Coffins, breakable and non breakable. If possible when the coffin is destroyed a monster is spawned in front or inside the coffin. I think Leki did this LOG 1.

2 - The dm_floor_skeleton.

I hope this is possible :)
minmay

Post by minmay »

Eleven Warrior wrote:Thxs for Room 1 Graveyard. I am working on it now, I basically copied your picture and will wait for the Assets and the level you made :) Thxs again.

EDIT:
I heard Minmay may have the DM3 Pack ready to add to this Mod. I would like to use the following objects from that pack.

1 - All of the Coffins, breakable and non breakable. If possible when the coffin is destroyed a monster is spawned in front or inside the coffin. I think Leki did this LOG 1.

2 - The dm_floor_skeleton.

I hope this is possible :)
That's 6 MB of assets. Forget it.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

The current plan is to have 25 rooms, with 3 Mb for each designer for custom items. That leave us about 20 Mb for core scripts and objects (of which, about 4-5 is accounted for at the moment). If there are items that a bunch of designers would like to use, we can add them to the pool - otherwise, there will be some left over from other modders that can be put to use nearer the end of the mod.

But, for now, please assume you will have 3Mb of space!
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
Xanathar

Post by Xanathar »

As anticipated privately, I'd take an external 12x12x2 room.. any environment is ok :)
Waking Violet (Steam, PS4, PSVita, Switch) : http://www.wakingviolet.com

The Sunset Gate [MOD]: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5563

My preciousss: http://www.moonsharp.org
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

With a bit more drafting of the rooms and lots of useful input from some fellow forum writers, I've come up with a rough plan for the progression through the mod, which mixes "Beginner Area = Easy and Ending Area = Hard" with an open area in the middle.

1. The party starts in the Cemetery/Graveyard Area (Easy Area). They have to do a few tasks here before they can get out of the area. But there are also "special bits of ore" lying around (see next section).

2. You then reach the town. The world is a bit open (Medium Difficulty) here as you need to go around and collect special ore from the Bog, the East part of town and the Asylum (and the rest of the Cemetery). There will be about 15 bits of ore (Mithril / Meteorite Metal ?). You need a certain amount to make a special weapon to get into the Twisted Forest (harder area). [Twisted Forest might always be open, just very tough without the special weapon].

3. In the Twisted Forest, there are remains of tortured souls who are now ghosts that guard the Castle Entrance. It is expected that you get 2 sets of remains to placate the ghosts guarding the tower.

4. You enter the tower. In the tower you must collect 5 of 6 <items> to open the way to the final fight. Depending on what people want to do, the Dark Tower could be spooky/gritty/high magic.

5. Walk along the beach to a boat to leave?

Still some details to work out - and I know it feels quite "Fetch Quest" over and over, but really, the main focus of the mod is meant to be the rooms, but we need a way to allow people to do X of Y rooms in an area (so that we can stage a difficulty ramp) without forcing them to do any one specific room...
Last edited by JohnWordsworth on Wed May 06, 2015 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Also, the Asylum hasn't seemed very popular so far. Would a mine work better instead? Or is it just that people have mostly picked the outdoor rooms anyway? If a spooky mine works, we will obviously replace the area under the "East of the Town" with a regular dungeon instead of a mine.
Asteroth

Post by Asteroth »

JohnWordsworth wrote:Also, the Asylum hasn't seemed very popular so far. Would a mine work better instead? Or is it just that people have mostly picked the outdoor rooms anyway? If a spooky mine works, we will obviously replace the area under the "East of the Town" with a regular dungeon instead of a mine.
Damn seeing asylum brings back really, really depressing memories. I had an entire asylum/hospital thing built, beakers, filing cabinets, scalpels, padded rooms, binding chairs. All gone.

Yeah, two years and hundreds of dollars sunk later I never got past my loss. I really need to stop looking at these forums.
I am the God of darkness and corruption.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4250
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

Asteroth wrote:
JohnWordsworth wrote:Also, the Asylum hasn't seemed very popular so far. Would a mine work better instead? Or is it just that people have mostly picked the outdoor rooms anyway? If a spooky mine works, we will obviously replace the area under the "East of the Town" with a regular dungeon instead of a mine.
Damn seeing asylum brings back really, really depressing memories. I had an entire asylum/hospital thing built, beakers, filing cabinets, scalpels, padded rooms, binding chairs. All gone.

Yeah, two years and hundreds of dollars sunk later I never got past my loss. I really need to stop looking at these forums.
That's horrible Asteroth! Sorry to hear that :(

Just me, signing in here.
If the list is current, then I would like room 5 (Catacombs), if not then room 25 (swamp)
Would rather make my contribution later down the track (if possible)

Thanks All :D
Eleven Warrior

Post by Eleven Warrior »

Soz Asteroth for your losses. To have you join this ORRR3 would be totally awesome yeah. I don't mean to be cold hearted soz for that, but you are such a good and caring person imam sure :). Keep looking at this forum because there are worse things out there bro. Like vampires, ghosts and the gobble gok

PS: I think that Gobble gok is somewhere in hiding :)

Minmay can you shrink those Coffin textures??