[Open / Signup] One Room Round Robin 3 - Calling All Modders

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
AdrTru

Re: [Open / Signup] One Room Round Robin 3 - Calling All Mod

Post by AdrTru »

I download the file from dropbox.
May I work on this file? Or some one using this file?
My LOG2 projects: virtual money, Forge recipes, liquid potions and
MultiAlcoveManager, Toolbox, Graphic text,
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

AdrTru wrote:I download the file from dropbox.
May I work on this file? Or some one using this file?
I am am using it as a basis, but I've always planned to integrate my room into whatever the current file is; so you can ignore my room and just make your corrections. AFAIK, no one is actively working on it except me; unless somebody else knows otherwise. :?
AdrTru

Post by AdrTru »

no problem. :)
Now I have time for preparing changes.
My LOG2 projects: virtual money, Forge recipes, liquid potions and
MultiAlcoveManager, Toolbox, Graphic text,
minmay

Post by minmay »

Far be it from me to speak of deadlines, but we should probably consider cutting this off soon. I'm sure Isaac's room is good but we've been waiting for it for about 7 months. Most people had one week, and there's still all the balancing work to do, not to mention testing and fixing the bugs we already know about.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

No pressure... :D

There is no way that a 9x9 [x3] room can live up to a seven month wait. Would that I actually had seven months to work on it. I put a lot of [spare time] work into it, and enjoyed doing it, but many of those months I didn't have time to even open the map in earnest; I don't have time tonight, and probably not tomorrow either. :(
[RL work trumps all; and especially hobbies.]

While I'd like to include a Bog-map, and even a castle map ... If the game must be released [without me], I completely understand.
minmay

Post by minmay »

I say go ahead. It doesn't look like anybody else is touching that area any time soon.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

There is something else to update... After you have the file, and have previewed the map... load a different map and preview it. IRRC there is an amulet defined somewhere that crashes the game when you try to play another map without closing & relaunching the editor.

While trying to get a screen-capture of the error, I found a new (unexpected) one. [I'm using ORRR3 - R048 - Duncan ]

I have not defined any spellbook. See if you get this error, by using the aforementioned method. (I would expect that after corrected, the amulet error would be the next exception/crash.)

** I am working on a commissioned [non-computer related] project, but after it's done, I will jump back into the ORRR3. ;)
minmay

Post by minmay »

That just happens because the party starts the game carrying a spellbook. The Grimrock 2 editor "carries" the party's attributes and inventory across previews, even if the previews are across different dungeons. Of course, when the inventory includes an item that isn't defined in the new dungeon, that will cause a crash. So if you preview ORRR3, and then load a different dungeon and try to preview it, you'll get that crash.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources