Secret doors never close once opened?

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Duncan1246

Secret doors never close once opened?

Post by Duncan1246 »

Hello,
In LoG 1, it's possible to command doors with connectors (buttons, levers...) to close as well to open. I don't understand why it's not possible anymore in LoG 2. Perhaps I missed something? Or the only way is scripting??
Thanks for your answers
Duncan1246
GoldenShadowGS

Re: Secret doors never close once opened?

Post by GoldenShadowGS »

Use the "toggle" command instead of "open"
minmay

Post by minmay »

Some doors, such as beach_master_gate and mine_secret_door, cannot be closed. If you're curious why, look at the asset definition. Most doors can be closed with the "close" action; if that action isn't appearing in the drop-down menu, then it's one of the doors that can't close.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Duncan1246

Re: Secret doors never close once opened?(solved)

Post by Duncan1246 »

Thanks!
"Toggle" is perfect, but Minmay is right: I was attempting to close a mine door... and so noway to do it! You says "read the assets" but asset pack isn't available yet?
Duncan1246
Duncan1246

About assets pack...

Post by Duncan1246 »

Waouh! I have missed the pack because of the "v.1" thinking "LoG1"!! Big mistake! I go to read it now!

Duncan
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Also that hacked door has an issue... it will explode projectile spells [like fireball] ~even while open. Standing at the threshold of the opened door, and casting fireball will damage the party.
minmay

Post by minmay »

It's only beach_master_gate that does that - it uses a DoorComponent but doesn't actually open it because it has a custom animation instead. Instead it disables it when the gate opens. This stops it from blocking the party, but projectiles seem to still collide with it. The other hacked "doors" don't have any bugs that I know of.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.