[WIP] GrimTK GUI Framework

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Drakkan

Re: [WIP] GrimTK GUI Framework

Post by Drakkan »

JohnWordsworth wrote:Hey Drakkan! I know you've been waiting a while, so I will send you a preview build soon :).

- Not sure about the Freeze option. I guess it might be theoretically possible to literally disable every component on every game object, but I think that belongs outside of the GUI system.
ah by freeze world I meant basically just some option which will prevent party to move on, before "answering" the GUI dialogue. It was done similar way in Log1 gui dialogue. should be optionable is some way as modders will not want some Gui dialogues to be re-apperaing again and some probably yes.
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Ahh yes - preventing the party from moving is a great idea. That does belong in the GUI (as you don't want the party moving around when you are typing in a text box).
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
Batty

Post by Batty »

JohnWordsworth wrote:Another thing that should be cool, is that we could now draw item icons properly in 'custom containers' given an item definition :).
ooh, does that mean a flexible mortar (unlike fixed-ingredient LoG2 mortar), quivers, germanny's toolbox, and many other things?

Just added defineContainer(desc), defineIngredient(desc), & ContainerItemComponent:setCapacity() to my Glögg session list.
Last edited by Batty on Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eleven Warrior

Post by Eleven Warrior »

Awesome imam wetting my pants already in waiting lol Yeah the Mortar system does not allow to much flexablity and Germmany's Tool Box I really do want to use in my mod for sure.
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

@Batty: No reason why those things shouldn't be doable. I'm not saying they will be easy, but I will take a look at them - if I can include them as part of the GrimTK EXT (Extensions) library without too much work - then I will do so :).
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
Slade

Post by Slade »

Awesome! One thought came into my mind: is there possibilities to hook that one to NPC conversation, like there would be "evil" and "good" choice which you can choose? That would be my dream if its possible :)
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

I'm sure a dialog system can make it into the extensions :). I'll keep it fairly generic (probably no good/evil indicator per-se, but maybe a way to represent that in a generic way).
msyblade

Post by msyblade »

Great work as usual JW. Cannot wait for these tools to be ready, I am a huge benefactor of your work. In fact, I was looking for the GMT2 kickstarter page and came up empty?
Currently conspiring with many modders on the "Legends of the Northern Realms"project.

"You have been captured by a psychopathic diety who needs a new plaything to torture."
Hotel Hades
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Haha. While I am obviously not planning on doing it, it would be awesome to KickStart MeshCraft - just so that I could work on it full time for a short while! It will hopefully be awesome anyway, but it would be really cool if it turns out like I am planning - with support for loads of different games in the long run.

Re: GrimTK. I've re-written the mouse support today and it's possible to enable mouse support on any widget easily. I've also added support for drawing borders and having draggable windows.
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Text edit boxes are almost in too. Which includes the concept of 'focus' and keyboard input.