Asset Pack v1

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
petri

Asset Pack v1

Post by petri »

Hi!

The first version of Legend of Grimrock 2 asset pack has been released. The pack contains "only" Lua asset definitions at the moment. (Woot, 1.3 MB of Lua files!)

Please read the licensing terms first:
http://www.grimrock.net/modding/modding ... age-terms/

Download the asset pack here:
http://grimrock.net/extras/grimrock2_asset_pack_1.zip

Happy modding!
Drakkan

Re: Asset Pack v1

Post by Drakkan »

oh my god
oh my god
oh my god
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

ok I am breathing again.
At first huge thanks !!!!!

second two questions - I am quite interested to create new race with new skills and traits. So i was little hoping that I will receive also definition of all traits and I will be able to modify it somehow. Unfortunately lots of these have --hardcoded note. What does that mean ? there is no code for it ? I would be quite interested to check it and eventually modify.

My second question goes for skills - it is possible to define somehow individual skills for each champion (for example based on race / trait) , or skills are "hardcoded" for each party member ? is there some logic in it ? Example: Paladin class with "Aura" skill instead fire_magic etc.
Eye of the Atlantis
petri

Post by petri »

Grimrock 2 skill system is designed to be classless (for maximum flexibility in character advancement) so it is unfortunately not possible to make class specific skills. The skill UI will always list all the skills defined.

Hardcoded means that the skill is implemented in the engine. Depending what you want to do, you should be able to implement many kinds of new skills by using custom scripts and hooks.
Grimfan

Post by Grimfan »

First of all... Drakkan... calm your socks. ;)

Second of all. This is what we have been waiting for. It may not be complete but it's a start.
msyblade

Post by msyblade »

Drakkan, your socks are fine. Btw, would you ask them if they've seen my socks? They lost their S%*t and ran away, screaming excitedly when they got the news. :(
Currently conspiring with many modders on the "Legends of the Northern Realms"project.

"You have been captured by a psychopathic diety who needs a new plaything to torture."
Hotel Hades
cameronC

Post by cameronC »

Thank you, guys! This is a nice holiday gift!
Writer and sometimes artist of the very slightly acclaimed comic series Scrambled Circuits. A comic series about a robot written by a human.

Grimrock 2 socketSystem: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8546 / Github
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

as for the traits icons - where are they stored, how many of them is now and how can i define my own ? (I suppose it will be similar to item gfx atlas ? If yes, are the some rules to keep for the icons ? (size if the picture, format...)
Eye of the Atlantis
MrChoke

Post by MrChoke »

Great, thanks!!
NutJob

Post by NutJob »

I like how the monster groups are setup and prepared.

Anyways, this is great! Thanks for the zip file.