Socket Problem

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
SpacialKatana

Socket Problem

Post by SpacialKatana »

Okay so I've successfully spawned a red gem into the water beacon statue socket with this script:-

Code: Select all

function waterbeacon()
beacon_water_1.socket:addItem(spawn("red_gem").item)
end
However I cannot pick it up (remove it from the socket/plinth). If I do the same with an item_power_gem I can remove it. What gives? What special property needs to be set for the red gem item to work the same as the power_gem_item item in this case?
jxjxjf

Re: Socket Problem

Post by jxjxjf »

This is really strange. Placing red gems on beacons manually during play seems to have the same problem...you can't pick them back up. I thought maybe the gem was the problem, but you can pick them back up from alcoves and altars just fine. So it's specifically the gem and beacon together that cause the issue.

I tried adding a connector to the beacon's clickable component that would remove whatever item is in beacon and place it on the mouse pointer and that worked okay (it removed the gem correctly), but I'm bad enough with sockets that I couldn't figure out how to set the item count back to 0, so the beacon wouldn't accept any more items after that.

So...really I don't have a solution to your problem. But it's VERY interesting! :lol: I'm curious if it's a bug or intended.