Blender 2.71 - Importer / Exporter (1.4.4)

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
kelly1111

Re: Blender 2.71 - Importer / Exporter (1.4.4)

Post by kelly1111 »

Thanks for your reply isaac.

Another question: If I import a model from the asset pack... for instance the grave model. And then use a modifier (decimate, or any other) .. I cannot export the model again and get an error message (and the model files turns to 0 kb)
what am I missing here? I do have a rootnode and a gamematrix already set up?

Can someone point me in the right direction as to what can cause this?

Has it to do with the texture or uv mapping ... ?
minmay

Post by minmay »

Export won't work if the model has polygons with more than 4 edges, i.e. all your polygons need to be tris and quads. Try adding a Triangulate modifier after your other modifiers, and if that still doesn't work, apply the modifiers and triangulate the mesh yourself (go into edit mode and press ctrl+t by default).
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
HypnoToad

Post by HypnoToad »

I have Blender 2.78 and installed the Exporter 1.4.4, it "seems" to import and export LOG1 models fine, however for example if I import a bookcase model and even export it again without touching it, it's not visible in the game anymore, it's orientation seems all screwed up as well.

Do I have to use an earlier version of Blender? Does this only work for LOG2 models? Or am I just not doing something right?
Return of the Dark Lord - V3.5 Download:
https://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods ... escription
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

HypnoToad wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:08 am Do I have to use an earlier version of Blender? Does this only work for LOG2 models? Or am I just not doing something right?
Yes. Use version 2.72
minmay

Post by minmay »

The model format hasn't changed between Grimrock 1 and Grimrock 2, only the animation format changed.
For now I would try an older Blender version. This script will need to be updated for 2.80 anyway.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
HypnoToad

Post by HypnoToad »

Thanks guys, I installed Blender 2.72 and voila it works fine now.
Return of the Dark Lord - V3.5 Download:
https://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods ... escription
ratman

Post by ratman »

Hello, I feel kind of stupid asking this, but how do you use this program? It is not a .exe, so what do I open it with? Thanks.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

It's a Blender plugin. The usual way is to copy it into the "\scripts\addons" folder; where you installed Blender.

Then run Blender, and open the user preferences. You must check/enable the optional format.

After doing this, the Import & export sub-menus will get a new format option for working with Grimrock 1 & 2 files. Use this option to import game assets, and to export any modified or original assets.

ratman

Post by ratman »

Is there a separate download for importing/ exporting LoG1 animations and models?
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

If you mean the LoG1 asset pack, there is: http://www.grimrock.net/modding_log1/asset-pack/

If you mean, is there a separate Blender plugin? No; the Bitcopy script imports & exports assets for both games.
(But you have to specify which animation format; LoG1, or LoG2.)