Blender 2.71 - Importer / Exporter (1.4.4)

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Isaac

Re: Blender 2.71 - Importer / Exporter (1.4.3)

Post by Isaac »

I cannot make out the image... Is it possible to post a bigger screen capture, or copy it out of the console?
minmay

Post by minmay »

Looks like you forgot to add any material slots to the object.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
sajon

Post by sajon »

So I did get the export to work once.. not sure what i did to make it work though.
I am getting this error now. I have added Mats,Tex, UVMaps.

Error:

Could someone do a quick basic step by step with a cone or cylinder for me..

Thanks
Batty

Post by Batty »

You need to triangulate all the faces. You will notice after that error that bitcpy's script selects/highlights the n-gons that need to be triangulated.

In edit mode with those faces selected (or all faces), do Mesh -> Faces -> Triangulate Faces.
minmay

Post by minmay »

Model/animation import seems to not quite be accurate for many or most skinned animations. For example, lindworm_fly_maneuver_1.animation fails to move some vertices:

Of course this isn't a big deal since animation export doesn't support bone animations yet anyway.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Batty

Post by Batty »

minmay wrote:Of course this isn't a big deal since animation export doesn't support bone animations yet anyway.
I'm glad you mentioned that because I was trying to export a rigged animation & getting terrible errors and was about to ask for help.

Hopefully, bitcpy returns and adds this feature but if not I think MeshCraft is going to support it.
bitcpy

Post by bitcpy »

Bone animations should work just fine, and if it isn't I'd be happy to look into any problems you're having.

I double checked the lindworm you posted and got the same error.
I'll try to look into it during the week and get back to you guys when it's fixed.

Thanks for posting problems so I can get a chance to fix them.
minmay

Post by minmay »

Hmm, you're right, I just tried importing and immediately exporting an animation and it worked fine. I could swear I tried that before and it didn't work (only used the first keyframe and then didn't move the model for the remainder of the animation). Guess I need to figure out what's wrong with my own animation. Never mind.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
bitcpy

Post by bitcpy »

If you want to you could mail me the blender file and I could have a look at it as well.
minmay

Post by minmay »

Turns out I had forgotten to bake the animation after making it. God I'm stupid.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources