Editing races/classes

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
EbonKnight

Editing races/classes

Post by EbonKnight »

Hey guys,

So, as has been much discussed, the balance in the game is still kinda off. Two things especially annoy me, and that is the fact that humans are generally inferior to other races and that insectoids are in general just better than others at tanking (the 2nd one annoys me because imho insectoids are a pretty damn stupid race, and kill all of my reasonable rp ideas) + the fact that fighter and esp. knight are pretty crappy classes as it stands (unless, of course, you play an insectoid knight, again -.-). Anyhow, how hard would it be to do some edits on races and classes so that I could play around with racial stats, class skills etc.? Is it even possible atm?
sapientCrow

Re: Editing races/classes

Post by sapientCrow »

I would like to have direct access to tweak race/class/skills/attributes as well.
I am not sure we ever were able to do this with LoG 1 ??
Hopefully here though!
KadoDragon

Post by KadoDragon »

If I recall correctly, we have found out that there are defineRace() and defineClass(). The thing we don't know is what gets plugged into those functions. So we will be able to make races and classes once the scripting reference is released.
EbonKnight

Post by EbonKnight »

Ah, progress.. sweet. Should be a lot of fun, thinking I might even hold off my playthrough till then, got Evil Within to finish anyway.
Batty

Post by Batty »

hmmm...any class I want...politician, outlaw, graverobber, gambler, entrepreneur, harlot, cheater, opportunist...