Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
minmay

Re: Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

Post by minmay »

ItemComponent has a setStackSize() method that lets you change the number of items in the stack. Use that to make a stack of pellets (or any other stackable item).

dm_lock_coinslot decreases its coinsNeeded counter value by 1 each time a coin is inserted, and when the value reaches 0, it disables its LockComponent. So if you want to reuse a coin slot after it's been fully paid, you can just enable the LockComponent again and set the coinsNeeded value again.

Or if you mean that you just want the coinslot to accept an unlimited number of coins, set the coinsNeeded counter value to a negative number; then it will never disable the LockComponent.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
IttaBitta

Post by IttaBitta »

minmay wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:38 am ItemComponent has a setStackSize() method that lets you change the number of items in the stack. Use that to make a stack of pellets (or any other stackable item).

dm_lock_coinslot decreases its coinsNeeded counter value by 1 each time a coin is inserted, and when the value reaches 0, it disables its LockComponent. So if you want to reuse a coin slot after it's been fully paid, you can just enable the LockComponent again and set the coinsNeeded value again.

Or if you mean that you just want the coinslot to accept an unlimited number of coins, set the coinsNeeded counter value to a negative number; then it will never disable the LockComponent.
I am not sure I understand. Can I have an example?
7Soul

Post by 7Soul »

IttaBitta wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:48 am
minmay wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:38 am ItemComponent has a setStackSize() method that lets you change the number of items in the stack. Use that to make a stack of pellets (or any other stackable item).

I am not sure I understand. Can I have an example?
Spawn an item with

Code: Select all

local var = spawn( spawn stuff here )
Then you can refer to the newly created object using that variable name

var.item:setStackSize(10)
Or you can do it all in one go

spawn( spawn stuff here ).item:setStackSize(10)
Join the LoG discord server: https://discord.gg/ArgAgNN :D

My Mods
minmay

Post by minmay »

To set the stack size of a pellet_box with an id of my_box_of_pellets to 500:

my_box_of_pellets.item:setStackSize(500)
To "reset" a dm_lock_coinslot with an id of my_coin_slot_id so that it will accept 5 coins:

my_coin_slot_id.lock:enable()
my_coin_slot_id.coinsNeeded:setValue(5)
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
IttaBitta

Post by IttaBitta »

I'm spawning into an alcove though

tomb_alcove_2.surface:addItem(spawn("pellet_box").item:setStackSize(10))
?
hyteria

Post by hyteria »

hello !

how i can stun my party for 2-3 sec plz ?

thx
ratman

Post by ratman »

Where are the base conditions defined? I am trying to make my own polymorph potion, except an ogre instead of a bear 8-) , and when I look at the polymorph potion definition it says:

champion:setCondition("bear_form", 1)
So I tried to look at the condition 'bear form', but none of the conditions are defined in the asset pack.
Skuggasveinn

Post by Skuggasveinn »

ratman wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:32 pm Where are the base conditions defined? I am trying to make my own polymorph potion, except an ogre instead of a bear 8-) , and when I look at the polymorph potion definition it says:

champion:setCondition("bear_form", 1)
So I tried to look at the condition 'bear form', but none of the conditions are defined in the asset pack.
You are right, they are not part of the asset pack. But you can define your own condition, example is here.
https://github.com/JKos/log2doc/wiki/Asset-Definitions

Also this topic.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14528&hilit=polymorph

kind regards
Skuggasveinn.
Link to all my LoG 2 assets on Nexus.
Link to all my LoG 1 assets on Nexus.
minmay

Post by minmay »

IttaBitta wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:01 am I'm spawning into an alcove though

tomb_alcove_2.surface:addItem(spawn("pellet_box").item:setStackSize(10))
?
setStackSize() doesn't return the ItemComponent, so that won't work. You'll need this:

do
	local pbox = spawn("pellet_box").item
	tomb_alcove_2.surface:addItem(pbox)
	pbox:setStackSize(500)
end
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
IttaBitta

Post by IttaBitta »

Thanks for all your help, btw

More mod mishaps - I tried to use Zimber's assets and I've had a lot of trouble
Trouble one:
things lead me to think it wants me to 'merge' zim_party with my party definition... but I don't know where or WHAT that definition is.