Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Doridion

Re: Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

Post by Doridion »

NutJob wrote:
Lark wrote:Here's the file
Wow! Thank you very much for the asset and rundown on how to set it up! Now I can have "broken" levers until the party fixes the "mechanism," then I'll put the lever sound back in after they do. Such a wild imagination, right? ~chuckles~
Lark wrote:Hey - I got some models imported! See viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8173&start=10! :D
If I could hear you I would listen, but I guess I'll just go read your accomplishment instead. ha!

Thanks,
Matt
NutJob ... thinking about that when reading you, but for your broken lever, can't you code this like a broken pieces to found ?

Example : Taking back in the LoG1 asset, the mechanism pieces's models of the boss, letting them into one or multiple rooms, and on the clickable class of the lever, adding some parts of script that counting pieces of mechanism parts to "spawn" a new lever ?

I'm actually working on a model like, it could interest you ?
NutJob

Post by NutJob »

Doridion wrote:
NutJob ... thinking about that when reading you, but for your broken lever, can't you code this like a broken pieces to found ?

Example : Taking back in the LoG1 asset, the mechanism pieces's models of the boss, letting them into one or multiple rooms, and on the clickable class of the lever, adding some parts of script that counting pieces of mechanism parts to "spawn" a new lever ?

I'm actually working on a model like, it could interest you ?
I had something like this in mind (have the lever housing but no level in it, that you must find and jam back into it), but if something requires me to do something with models, defining something, or practically anything not dealing with pure scripting, my mind blows up. ((mostly waiting for the assets to begin learning about "making my own stuff")). Appreciate the idea.
NutJob

Post by NutJob »

How do I directly access an objects particle system (of course when it has one) and retrieve the vector values of its color?

Edit: nevermind, impossible without the asset pack. Completely locked down and no way to proceed.
Last edited by NutJob on Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The cube

Post by The cube »

Where is the gfx file?

also, How to change the ambient track playing in a level?
Maethalion

Post by Maethalion »

What am I doing wrong?
(and of course, apologies if this has been asked somewhere already, I couldn't find it.)

I am using the Mine tileset, with Elevation only. (no heightmap). My Champions are starting at the bottom, and will need to work their way up 7 levels to escape.

The center of my map I want a giant chasm that the players will crisscross as they work their way up. The chasm is [-7,1] - with some actual chasm/pit tiles in it too. The Champions are exiting an area that is [-7,-6]. When I went to turn around to get a feel for how giant the chasm felt... I saw this:
SpoilerShow
When I checked back inside, I saw this:
SpoilerShow
My module height is 3. Setting it to 2 or 4 did not work (and visually broken as well). I'm aware that the mine tileset only supports ceilings of height up to 1. Is it ONLY 1?

What do I need to do to achieve a good visual effect here? Should I instead use 3 or more maps to simulate the elevation? (With Shafts/Chasms)
---
Edit: Nevermind. I decided to just make them different maps. An answer would be cool though.
Last edited by Maethalion on Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
zeltak

Post by zeltak »

How do I access multiple entities? For example if I would like to activate all the teleporters with id teleporter_1 to teleporter_10?
NutJob

Post by NutJob »

zeltak wrote:How do I access multiple entities? For example if I would like to activate all the teleporters with id teleporter_1 to teleporter_10?

Code: Select all

local obj;
for i=1,10 do
    obj = findEntity("teleporter_" .. i)
    -- do stuff to obj
end
Last edited by NutJob on Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
blob

Post by blob »

The cube wrote:How to change the ambient track playing in the dungeon level?
right click the level name in the top left window of the editor and select properties.
The cube

Post by The cube »

I mean by a script. I know that.
The cube

Post by The cube »

How to add a ondie hook to a monster spawned by a script?

I looked at the thread where they discussed this, but they were calling a function of the skeleton, I'm trying to decrement a counter. I tried to fiddle around with it a bit but it just crashed.