Custom Note picture [Solved]

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
User avatar
Jouki
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:57 pm

Custom Note picture [Solved]

Post by Jouki » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:21 pm

Hello, I have another question. I'd like do a note with my own picture, something like this:
Image
(It's from LoG1 but it doesn't matter at all)

Do someone know any way how to do that? I'd do that in photoshop/gimp but I don't have any good background for that.
Last edited by Jouki on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Batty
Posts: 509
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:04 pm

Re: Custom Note picture

Post by Batty » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:29 pm

I would search the youtubes for a tutorial, here is one to get started: How To Create An Old Paper Texture In Gimp 2.8 and there are others.

User avatar
Jouki
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:57 pm

Re: Custom Note picture

Post by Jouki » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:31 pm

Batty wrote:I would search the youtubes for a tutorial, here is one to get started: How To Create An Old Paper Texture In Gimp 2.8 and there are others.
I'm not asking for tut about "how to create a note" but if is there some way to you original template and how to put note into the game ;)

User avatar
Leki
Posts: 548
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: Custom Note picture

Post by Leki » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:50 am

You guys made my day :lol:

Image
I'm the Gate I'm the Key.
Dawn of Lore

User avatar
Mysterious
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:31 am

Re: Custom Note picture

Post by Mysterious » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:55 am

Now Leki that's the best piece of humor I have seen all week thxs awesome :lol:

Batty
Posts: 509
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:04 pm

Re: Custom Note picture

Post by Batty » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:33 pm

Found it!

Image

User avatar
Jouki
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:57 pm

Re: Custom Note picture

Post by Jouki » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:47 pm

ok at first, template would be great in PNG with empty background (and yeah I can do it in PS/gimp but it's not perfect) :) and the second thing is; still dont know how to put that into the game :P

Batty
Posts: 509
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:04 pm

Re: Custom Note picture

Post by Batty » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:02 pm

Jouki wrote:still dont know how to put that into the game :P
My problem too, the note paper is from LoG1:

Code: Select all

spawn("note_paper", party.level, party.x, party.y, 2):setScrollImage("mod_assets/textures/treasure_map_blank.dds")
How to do it in LoG2? I don't know.

User avatar
Skuggasveinn
Posts: 548
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:28 pm

Re: Custom Note picture

Post by Skuggasveinn » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:08 pm

Batty wrote:How to do it in LoG2? I don't know.
its almost the same, just add scrollitem after the name

Code: Select all

treasuremap1.scrollitem:setScrollImage("mod_assets/textures/treasuremap1.dds")
Link to all my LoG 2 assets on Nexus.
Link to all my LoG 1 assets on Nexus.

User avatar
Jouki
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:57 pm

Re: Custom Note picture

Post by Jouki » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:16 pm

Batty wrote:
Jouki wrote:still dont know how to put that into the game :P
My problem too, the note paper is from LoG1:

Code: Select all

spawn("note_paper", party.level, party.x, party.y, 2):setScrollImage("mod_assets/textures/treasure_map_blank.dds")
How to do it in LoG2? I don't know.
nice, I know I should google it before I ask but I'm excited to do that note :P. Do you know any way how to export this note from the game (yeah I have LoG1&2)
Skuggasveinn wrote:
Batty wrote:How to do it in LoG2? I don't know.
its almost the same, just add scrollitem after the name

Code: Select all

treasuremap1.scrollitem:setScrollImage("mod_assets/textures/treasuremap1.dds")
I hope I get it, it'd be great :P (thx ^^)

Post Reply