Re-Scripted Systems from LOG 1 ?

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Mysterious

Re: Re-Scripted Systems from LOG 1 ?

Post by Mysterious »

Come on guys I know your out there.... Now I remember JKOS helped with the Dialog system. I saw his name recently, it's a good omem right? Guess what ilios is back awesome yeah..

If we encourage both CromCrom and alios we can get a Shop and Merchant system going yeah. ill wait man it's so good to see ......
JKos

Post by JKos »

I'm planning to develop a similar framework as LoG Framework for LoG 2, but I'm waiting for the official documentation, let's hope we don't need it. Anyway, if I'm doing it, it will be much more simplistic, only dynamic hooks, nothing more. LoG framework was a mess :) I just started to write it, before I even knew anything about Lua programming. And this time I won't release it before it's done.
And I already have a name candidate for it in my mind: hooker framework :lol:
- LoG Framework 2http://sites.google.com/site/jkoslog2 Define hooks in runtime by entity.name or entity.id + multiple hooks support.
- cloneObject viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8450
Mysterious

Post by Mysterious »

Thxs for reply Jkos. I thought the Log Framework was awesome, but that's just me I used it quite regually in Log 1. I wish you good luck and hope to see the finished version :)
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

Thats good news jKos :D
I didn't use your framework initially but minmay implemented it into the rewriting and fixing work he did for me
.... and it definitely helped out!! So thank you!!

Im hoping there wont be too many drastic scripting changes either, there is so much content to convert over :roll: hehe
Mysterious

Post by Mysterious »

Hi guys can someone tell me what I have done wrong with this Script please. When a champ walks on the floor trigger it checks for a name and activates, but this is not working like in LOG 1 The error is about (getChampion) this is not reconised anymore.

Code: Select all

function Sercret1a()

local name = ""

for i=1,4 do

name = party:getChampion(i):getName()
    if name == ("Mulrag") then
hudPrint("Mulrag: Wait!! that wall to the right seems strange.")
playSound("discover_spell")
end end end
Mutman

Post by Mutman »

I plan to redone my reskinned books, but I need Grimrock Model Toolkit 2 from John :)
Runebooks: http://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/13/? for Legend of Grimrock 2
Runebooks and books: http://grimrock.nexusmods.com/mods/217/ for Legend of Grimrock 1
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

Mysterious,

This seems to work :)

Code: Select all

function Sercret1a()

for i=1,4 do

local name = party.party:getChampion(i):getName()
    	if name == "Mulrag" then
			hudPrint("Mulrag: Wait!! that wall to the right seems strange.")
			playSound("discover_spell")
		end
	end 
end
Mysterious

Post by Mysterious »

Thank you so much Akroama it works :).